Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitter sweet. My feelings on him were definitely on a been curve. I remember how excited I was when he signed thinking him and nephew would get us a chip or two. Now I can't believe that I'm equally exited to see him go.

I think the press release was multi layered. First get out in front before he demands a trade and it lowers his value. Next, it let's every team know he's available so if there are two or more interested teams they can compete over which one will give us the least protected 2nd rounder. And finally it gives him there blessing to reach out to friends and old teammates without violating the tampering rules. Maybe with all his years he's made enough contacts that someone will pressure their FO to make a move for him.

Any way it goes, here's to wishing him the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude I get that it’s probably time for him to move on, but hope Spurs fans show respect. He had a ton of offers as a free agent, including CA teams and he chose the Spurs. He gave us some of his best years. So we couldn’t win a le with him, but we had good success so much appreciation for what he gave the Spurs. He certainly handled his business better than Kawhi.
    Gotta agree with you. The guy did some good over his time here. Let's not forget Pop frequently ran out ty lineups not that long ago. Glad we can finally put this thing to rest... however... the guy was useful from time to time. He still commanded respect from refs vs other talented big men. At some point we'll need scoring from that position and Jakob is not that guy. We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen this show before!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take pop with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen this show before!

I forgot how much I hated that front court lineup. So redundant and soft. Thanks Poeltl for taking this soft es out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if it was always a marriage of convenience and wasn't for altruistic reasons, I'll always appreciate him being the one in prime star player signing here and would like to see him win a championship. Too bad he fell just shy of cracking 20k points threshold.

Aldridge for Olynyk and Leonard (out for season; kept away from team, fully non guaranteed and waived in off season)?
    Think Miami is def. in play, but hard to imagine Spurs wanting part of Leonard now considering their ‘character’ mandate.
    Miami plays 6th slowest in Pace fwiw too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care if it was always a marriage of convenience and wasn't for altruistic reasons, I'll always appreciate him being the one in prime star player signing here and would like to see him win a championship. Too bad he fell just shy of cracking 20k points threshold.

Aldridge for Olynyk and Leonard (out for season; kept away from team, fully non guaranteed and waived in off season)?
    It would've been a completely different Spurs era had the team not had him. He was a fine bridge during some of the most tumultuous years the franchise has faced. He deserves legit respect from the fan base. I don't know if it's worth retiring the jersey for, but he has his place in the team's history, solidly in the top-10 performers the club has had.

I'd hate that deal, though. I'd rather them be aggressive with his salary and target, say Gordon and Bamba.
    Last edited by Chinook; 03-10-2021 at 08:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Cavs are also considering buying out Drummond? Why not just trade for it then let Cavs buyout LMA which is much a smaller deal compared to Drummond. Atleast the Spurs could be a use of Drummond. Maybe add a 2nd round or some fillers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for your services, LA.

I'll remember him for:

-Leading the team to playoffs in 2017-18 (the year Kawhi ed out)
    -56 point game
    -Filling the talented big man void after Tim retired
    -67 win season
    -Being one of the few big name free agents to sign with the Spurs

Last edited by Arcadian; 03-11-2021 at 01:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also explains why they left that 15th spot empty. They'll probably end up needing to sign a third center if they don't move on from Aldridge quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/White/KJ/Derozan/Jakob
    Mills/Walker/Luka/Gay/Eubanks (maybe a free agent C or one we maybe get for Aldridge)
    Vassell/Diop

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Spurs want to actually get something in return for Aldridge rather than just buying him out. Maybe an average player (preferably a young one) and a second round pick or just 2 second round picks. I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime I'm keeping my fingers crossed its something of real value as opposed to just letting him go for a small discount on his salary.
    I'd much rather the Spurs get something rather than nothing. No way do I want to let him go and get nothing in return. Even if it's one of two second round picks, that's better than nothing. I don't like the idea of buying him out and letting him go to a team where he can possibly win a ring and we get nothing out of it. I don't hate the guy, but we could have gotten so much more if we traded him last season, so getting nothing wouldn't sit well with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drummond just so we can get some memes between me and Sugus
    I might actually have to take a break from Spurs game if LMA leaves only to be replaced by ing Drummond would be great for meme content tho

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t imagine any team actually trading for LMA. Spurs have zero leverage and aren’t going to take it to the point that things get uncomfortable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see LMA go but yes it is definitely time...hand the reigns of the team over to the youngsters...

Definitely excited to see Luka's continued development now that he will have consistent minutes from here on out...

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could sense that Aldridge didn’t like coming off the bench and so asked the team to trade him. The fact that he would rather play for another team than come off the bench for this one shows that he isn’t quite the team player Pop is publicly saying he is.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    over/under on lma dropping 40 on the spurs next time we meet?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best for both parties. Disappointed he disgruntled enough to not finish out his contract but thats todays nba. Now im going to see more of Eubanks until that trade. Not good.

If Kevin Love is an option , he would be the ideal fit for the spurs.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the bidding war begin!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could sense that Aldridge didn’t like coming off the bench and so asked the team to trade him. The fact that he would rather play for another team than come off the bench for this one shows that he isn’t quite the team player Pop is publicly saying he is.
    It's a huge hit to the ego. People don't know how big it was for Tony to get out in front of his benching. I'm sure he wasn't actually okay with it, or if he was it was only because Manu did it for so long. I actually strongly doubt that Parker would've stayed with the team even if the Kawhi issue had been resolved earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude was never going to accept a bench role. Hopefully the spurs can get a rotational piece in return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BYE!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank ing god

Dude quit on us many times

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really think this means we are buying and using his contract to get it done. We don't really have leverage to get draft capital unless we take back a very bad contract but, if we are packaging a young player and/ or picks we can definitely buy talent. Gordon/Bamba would be great...Grant/Plumlee would be great as well.. and there are of course others depending on price.

Thread Information