Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious to see what kind of deals are out there lol as much as LMA maybe be a liability at this point in his career, I think honestly can still hold his own against elite bigs. Plus there not many players being made available right now it seems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could sense that Aldridge didn’t like coming off the bench and so asked the team to trade him. The fact that he would rather play for another team than come off the bench for this one shows that he isn’t quite the team player Pop is publicly saying he is.
    Are people forgetting that LMA requested a trade a few years back because Pop was "overcoaching"? Dude has always been a me first player, an even bigger ego than Kawhi imo. I've never felt that he truly bought into the Spurs and regretted his decision to ever come here. LMA tbh. One of the worst signings in SA history, I've said it since day 1. I'm glad he's getting the out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really curious to see what kind of deals are out there lol as much as LMA maybe be a liability at this point in his career, I think honestly can still hold his own against elite bigs. Plus there not many players being made available right now it seems
    Right. He still does well in post-oriented games where he doesn't have to range out laterally. He still gives Anthony Davis problems, for example. I think many contenders could use him and I'd put him above Drummond and Griffin, those types, in terms of who is available. Like, no doubt the Nets would take him over Blake Griffin. Question is the price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't think this was him being cancerous. I honestly think the Spurs just didnt want him anymore--even as the back-up 5. He's been that bad. It needed to happen but it's still bittersweet to see him go. Despite all the winning over the years he's the only big name FA to sign here. He also held us when Nephew broke our hearts.

Eubanks wont get it done though. They either need to throw Samanic out there or try to get a back-up center in a trade package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right. He still does well in post-oriented games where he doesn't have to range out laterally. He still gives Anthony Davis problems, for example. I think many contenders could use him and I'd put him above Drummond and Griffin, those types, in terms of who is available. Like, no doubt the Nets would take him over Blake Griffin. Question is the price.
    lol nah man

LA is super washed. His defense is bottom of the barrel bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This needed to happen but if Leonard weren't such a piece of excuse for a human being, LMA's Spurs tenure would've ended up with at least one ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What what, did they buy him out or seeking trade partners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next question is who infiltrated the Spurs front office to make suck n obvious move???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan extension comin soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol nah man

LA is super washed. His defense is bottom of the barrel bad.
    You had that locked and loaded and didn't read what I said, did you?

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the teams that missed out on washed up Blake Griffin will come calling. Aldridge is better than Griffin. Honestly, the celtics make the best sense. They have a trade exception and lots of picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had that locked and loaded and didn't read what I said, did you?
    Nobody would take this washed up version of him over Griffin or Drummomd. He's not even a consistent offensive threat anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are people forgetting that LMA requested a trade a few years back because Pop was "overcoaching"? Dude has always been a me first player, an even bigger ego than Kawhi imo. I've never felt that he truly bought into the Spurs and regretted his decision to ever come here. LMA tbh. One of the worst signings in SA history, I've said it since day 1. I'm glad he's getting the out.
    He had every right to request a trade when he did considering Pop originally promised him that he would still get his 20 points per a game with the Spurs. I remember reading about this when LMA signed with the Spurs that he was concerned his offense would go down but Pop promised him he would still be able to get 20 or more. Pop broke that promise. Can't get angry at LMA for wanting out. That's all on Pop for not being honest

Secondly Kawhi has a much bigger ego than Lamarcus. His ego is on the same level as Lebron,Durant,Harden. Just look at the antics he put the clippers through last year such as showing up regularly late to the team flight and delaying take off by 30 minutes to an hour. Kawhi plays games with every team he is on. Say what you will about Lamarcus he doesn't play games.

Thirdly you just hate Lamarcus. He was your target from day one. You were going to hate him regardless of what he did. He could have averaged Wilt Chamberlain numbers and you would have still hated him. Anything short of him getting the Spurs a championship would have gotten your ire. You are just a hater.
    Last edited by daslicer; 03-10-2021 at 10:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody would take this washed up version of him over Griffin or Drummomd. He's not even a consistent offensive threat anymore.
    Everybody on the planet would take LMA over Griffin or Drummond.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank God he chose yall he and PATFO did us a huge solid ...he was good the first two years but like I said at the time signing him melo or Greg ing Monroe to a max deal would be a mistake
    He was actually good for 4 years. He played at a high level from '15-'19. His season from '17-'19 was him at his peak. So it wasn't a bad signing at all. It was actually a great signing. Spurs would have won at least 1 le in that 4 year span if Kawhi didn't go crazy and quit on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wherever he goes, he can't expect to get his touches, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the teams interested in Nikola vuciveic should theoretically be interested in LMA at a discounted price lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was actually good for 4 years. He played at a high level from '15-'19. His season from '17-'19 was him at his peak. So it wasn't a bad signing at all. It was actually a great signing. Spurs would have won at least 1 le in that 4 year span if Kawhi didn't go crazy and quit on the team.
    That's what I said before. Leonard is to blame for all of this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a huge hit to the ego. People don't know how big it was for Tony to get out in front of his benching. I'm sure he wasn't actually okay with it, or if he was it was only because Manu did it for so long. I actually strongly doubt that Parker would've stayed with the team even if the Kawhi issue had been resolved earlier.
    Spur fans perceptions of stars are distorted because they lucked out in having 3 ego less stars in David,Tim,Manu who were egoless and willing to sacrifice stats at all costs to win. Manu especially was ego less with him willing to come off the bench to help the team win. Very few guys can do that without their pride being hurt and broken. I look at a guy like Dwade who probably could have played a few more years but gave it up when he realized he was a bench player. A lot of these guys are stars because of their big egos. It's hard to shut that ego off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally! Now get rid of DDR and Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally! Now get rid of DDR and Rudy.
    terrible take, derozan is the reason we’re not the kings or the hawks right now. Rudy isn’t worth to other teams. You think they don’t see that his feet are set in stone??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only we could package Mills with LMA...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s too bad our biggest free agent signing didn’t work out.

Hopefully we’ll get another so we can compete.

Part of me wonders if he’ll get traded to a non playoff team, get bought out, and then join the Nets. Seems like the easiest way to get a ring to all the players who were able to do it on their own.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude I get that it’s probably time for him to move on, but hope Spurs fans show respect. He had a ton of offers as a free agent, including CA teams and he chose the Spurs. He gave us some of his best years. So we couldn’t win a le with him, but we had good success so much appreciation for what he gave the Spurs. He certainly handled his business better than Kawhi.
    Agreed the Spurs got the final 4 years of his prime. He played at a high level from '15-'19. I do feel bad for him considering he signed with the Spurs in hopes of getting a le. I do believe it would have happened if Kawhi didn't become a traitor. It just goes to show you how in life a little luck can be the difference between failure and success.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Griffin was always just a highlight Dunk
    That's it! Once the knee injuries added up- he is a s of himself. He never had a great jump shot or played defense. LMA always had a smooth jumper and expanded out to the 3pt line. Griffin has been MIA for the last 3 years. Contenders in need of a shooting Big man should be eager to get LMA, ....Celtics and Raptors!

Thread Information