Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Spurs21
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely an A. I just think we should have explored his value when Kawhi forced his way out. Trading those two could have gotten us 4 first rounders and a few young promising players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't a bad signing while TD was still around. Should have been traded when TD could no longer hold his hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't a bad signing while TD was still around. Should have been traded when TD could no longer hold his hand.
    You weren't down with Kawhi holding Pop and LMAs hand before getting Zaza'd?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He carried us hard in in the 17-18 and 18-19 seasons and for those reasons I will appreciate his time here. It's a shame that he doesn't want to take a reduced role on this team even though it gives us a chance to go deep in the playoffs
    And at the same time would vastly up his trade value, keeping value in that option.

Instead, he quit.
    Say all you want about Kawhi (not defending he and Uncles "Lakers only" bull .)
    Rather making the point LMA has basically quit too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    signing was an A+ no questions asked. extension was still a slam dunk, we just ed up not trading him in time. arbitrarily deciding to guarantee his 20-21 salary just for good vibes or w/e was a stupid move
    Really can't be upset but like others have said the Spurs should have traded him when his value was high around the summer of '18 since they were not going to be a contending team with him.
    A+ if they'd traded him last year and gotten something solid in return.
    Definitely an A. I just think we should have explored his value when Kawhi forced his way out. Trading those two could have gotten us 4 first rounders and a few young promising players.
    Board is near consensus that trading him for highest value possible would have been the way to go.
    We can and do have some disagreements on how good LMA was, and of course he was "good" (legit All Star, 60+ win teams) but we're in agreement that return on investment is pretty suckaroo when compared to traded at X point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a good contract. LMA was a Max player when he signed both times. Maybe you donít want to be the team giving it to him. The only thing the Spurs screwed up was picking up the last year option early. It was partly guaranteed and the Spurs could have waived him or traded him last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's well known that most great players that get paid on their last contract don't outperform the last couple of years. I think LMA did come close. He's not worth what he is paid this year, but he was worth it every other year and to get every other year, you had to pay him for this year. So not a bad signing and the right thing to do. I don't know how he was behind the scenes. Maybe he cried about his touches, I don't know. He was an effective scorer and he helped San Antonio keep the playoff streak alive and at least in contention for the playoffs after Kawhi bailed. He was never a number one. He was always supposed to be a number two. He was thrust in as a number one because Kawhi quit on the team, but that's not LMA's fault.

Thread Information