San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antoni...020-nba-draft/

Desmond Bane with the late rise

Should be an interesting night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very surprised you have Isiaah Stewart so low. I actually wouldn’t mind him at 11. Wingspan and size shows he can be a pretty good center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very surprised you have Isiaah Stewart so low. I actually wouldn’t mind him at 11. Wingspan and size shows he can be a pretty good center.
    He makes Jackie Butler look nimble, I'm afraid. Impressive power and high-quality kid in terms of character but I don't love him in the modern NBA. In years gone by, yeah, he'd be safely in the first round but now it'd be really easy for other teams to play him off the court.

That said, I'd be decently happy with him at 41 if he freefalls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting comments on Bane and the spurs interest in him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "All in all, I’d say there’s a 30 to 40 percent chance the Spurs make a trade tonight or line up a deal that will be completed over the next week."

That's pretty damn high for you, bruh. That probably means it's closer to the 60-70% range

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All aboard the Bane train.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vomit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad you moved Wiseman up. In your other thread you asked who was too high or low and I commented that Wiseman was the one that seemed too low.

But all in all good list. Was good to see my top 4-5 be at least something in line here:

Patrick
    Toppin
    Neismith (different than your list)
    Vessell
    OO

In no particular order for me at 11

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice--I'll be hoping for anyone in that top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bane, a lot.
    But for me he is, current Eric Gordon with better passing ability - valuable to the right team at the right time in their contention.
    My interest is piqued though because I surmised that Golden State brought him in for a “secret workout” ( based on geo-location and time meeting took place), The interest may be for that #11 to be included and Bane picked for that #2 deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also I believe it’s at least 50/50 we see a trade. I heard this before rumors really started making their way to headlines and if that’s true it’s a sign to me Sa knows the correct path to take.

So I’m less concerned about Sa being half assed In desire than before so it comes down to other teams willingness. 50/50 for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand the logic of putting LaMelo and Anthony in your top two and then at the same time say that the Spurs won't draft them even if they trade up. Doesn't make sense. If they were that good, they would draft them regardless of fit. If this is just an overall board of who you think will succeed with players at the top having the best chance, then that would make better sense. Other than that, the board lacks boldness and seems to just follow any big board out there. Just my two cents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Hayes seems to still be a darling of this draft so very surprised to see that level of concern here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if the board IS tailored to who's likely to be drafted by the Spurs first, what's the point of putting those top two up there. And if not, then what's the point of the commentary. Just contradicting at multiple levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, I appreciate the effort and 7PM can't get here soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m glad you moved Wiseman up. In your other thread you asked who was too high or low and I commented that Wiseman was the one that seemed too low.

But all in all good list. Was good to see my top 4-5 be at least something in line here:

Patrick
    Toppin
    Neismith (different than your list)
    Vessell
    OO

In no particular order for me at 11
    Yeah, Wiseman has been a difficult read. I had him in the top two, dropped him way down and now he's back in the top five. If the Spurs trade to No. 2 and take Wiseman, I'd be perfectly fine with that, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bane, a lot.
    But for me he is, current Eric Gordon with better passing ability - valuable to the right team at the right time in their contention.
    My interest is piqued though because I surmised that Golden State brought him in for a “secret workout” ( based on geo-location and time meeting took place), The interest may be for that #11 to be included and Bane picked for that #2 deal.
    Good stuff. Bane at 11 is a bit much but he'd be the classic "WTF did the Spurs just do?!?!?" and then a half hour later there will be draft pundits calling it the steal of the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the idea of the Spurs picking at 11.

But you nailed Nesmith pretty well -- could do worse at 11. (Although Achiuwa may be undervalued a bit on your list.)

We used to get a pretty good feel about who the Spurs should pick (or would pick) later in the first round. But now all I see is overpriced merchandise on the shelves at #11 -- guys who would be revelations at say #20.

Still hope they trade up for Wiseman (probably out of reach) or Okongwu or Avdija.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maledon and Bane are right up their alley, but only in the highly improbable event they pulled something like a 3 way with the 76ers and Warriors, whereby White was involved and they acquired 21 as part of it.

Also I believe it’s at least 50/50 we see a trade. I heard this before rumors really started making their way to headlines and if that’s true it’s a sign to me Sa knows the correct path to take.

So I’m less concerned about Sa being half assed In desire than before so it comes down to other teams willingness. 50/50 for me.
    I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm not giving them an out with cliches like "it takes two to tango", "you don't make a trade just for the sake of it" and "sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make".

No more excuses or waiting: Get something of significance done. I don't even particularly care what, just find a way to do it. It's a results oriented business, not a try hard one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont understand the logic of putting LaMelo and Anthony in your top two and then at the same time say that the Spurs won't draft them even if they trade up. Doesn't make sense. If they were that good, they would draft them regardless of fit.
    The issue with those two has always been character questions. From the outside, it's impossible to know if the Spurs think those questions are too much to overcome. If the Spurs are okay with Ball and Edwards and can overlook the Ball-family drama and the various issues with Edwards, I think they'd be the top two picks. If it's too much to overlook, they'd erase their names and keep going down the list. Factoring them into a Big Board by estimating what I think the Spurs will think of their character wouldn't make much sense, IMO.

For the record, if I did try to estimate it, I'd probably still keep Ball #1 but then move Edwards down to #6 or so.

Other than that, the board lacks boldness and seems to just follow any big board out there. Just my two cents.
    That's okay. It doesn't look like any Big Board I've seen but I've appreciated your bold takes during the run up to the draft. Made it an entertaining ride

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Hayes seems to still be a darling of this draft so very surprised to see that level of concern here
    The Spurs could be doing a superduper smokescreen and actually like Hayes. I don't know. But usually there's at least some indication the Spurs are interested in an international player. Over the last two months, I've come across nothing that would lead me to suspect the Spurs like Hayes or Poku.

I'd actually be pretty happy with Hayes. I like him as a prospect and it'd be a good sign that the front office still has some CIA elements. If it's Saddiq Bey, on the other hand, we can go ahead and bury the CIA idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp : I know you said 30-40% on a trade. But in your own personal opinion if there are going to be trades tonight rank these in order of most likely to be moved:

DDR
    LMA
    Mills
    Rudy

And then maybe list a sneaky candidate to be traded outside of those 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could be doing a superduper smokescreen and actually like Hayes. I don't know. But usually there's at least some indication the Spurs are interested in an international player. Over the last two months, I've come across nothing that would lead me to suspect the Spurs like Hayes or Poku.

I'd actually be pretty happy with Hayes. I like him as a prospect and it'd be a good sign that the front office still has some CIA elements. If it's Saddiq Bey, on the other hand, we can go ahead and bury the CIA idea
    Lol same with all the trade rumors. May be a new age and more open and friendly Spurs FO.

I haven’t seen anything with Hayes to SA either but lots of mocks and scouts “seem” to be very high on him and talk about him as best value. We will see - was just something that stood out to me on yours vs more mainstream boards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol same with all the trade rumors. May be a new age and more open and friendly Spurs FO.

I haven’t seen anything with Hayes to SA either but lots of mocks and scouts “seem” to be very high on him and talk about him as best value. We will see - was just something that stood out to me on yours vs more mainstream boards.
    On my personal Big Board without factoring in a team, I'd probably still have Killian 6-to-8 range, FWIW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The issue with those two has always been character questions. From the outside, it's impossible to know if the Spurs think those questions are too much to overcome. If the Spurs are okay with Ball and Edwards and can overlook the Ball-family drama and the various issues with Edwards, I think they'd be the top two picks. If it's too much to overlook, they'd erase their names and keep going down the list. Factoring them into a Big Board by estimating what I think the Spurs will think of their character wouldn't make much sense, IMO.

For the record, if I did try to estimate it, I'd probably still keep Ball #1 but then move Edwards down to #6 or so.

That's okay. It doesn't look like any Big Board I've seen but I've appreciated your bold takes during the run up to the draft. Made it an entertaining ride
    But you haven't been online with this username for a couple months... I'm curious now what's your alternative username. bluebellmaniac seems to think I'm you. That would be a mind if I was indeed you and I'm talking back and forth with myself right now.... Wouldn't that be a twist? Huh...

Thread Information