My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the player empowerment thing.

I mean, PJ Tucker demanding a trade to a contender and sitting out games now?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...kets-uncertain

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tucker's tenacity is admirable but I feel like people conveniently overlook how Anthony Davis had a field day against Houston in the playoffs last year, and put up insanely efficient percentages. Tucker had some success against bigger players over the course of the year, but the small ball center idea was a complete flop against the Lakers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw this coming a decade plus ago when players started pulling this stuff and the leagues/teams tolerated it. Once you open that door...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see some people start getting released when they "sit out" after demanding something. Just fire them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see some people start getting released when they "sit out" after demanding something. Just fire them.
    Nobody wants to be that team. All the good players will avoid them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nobody wants to be that team. All the good players will avoid them.
    All teams should do it. At least Rockets should suspend PJ Tucker without pay.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All teams should do it. At least Rockets should suspend PJ Tucker without pay.
    It would have to be implemented at a league level.
    And since that would take away some of Silverstein's ability to manipulate matters, I don't see it happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league has always been led by the dumbest GMs. 90s were so bad with crazy contracts and rookie deals the league had to implement max rookie salaries. Free agency got so bad there had to be lockouts and hard caps. The teams continuously runs itself to death until the league implements something to stop the teams to kill themselves. Some stupid GM would give so much that it sets the standards for the players and other teams are forced to follow.

Right now silver doesn’t have that authoritarian dictator streak in him like stern to right the ship before it runs ashore.

Thread Information