Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't able to watch.

What....the happened?
    Got blitzed and embarrassed in the 3rd quarter. Players played badly and Pop went with the usual suspects (Gay & Mills) that played like .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't able to watch.

What....the happened?
    More of the same bull from Pop, Lyles, and Mills. Gay looked 100 years old and Murray had a poor showing. Spurs also desperately need another big that can rebound and defend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely dreadful comparison, homie. Pop has his issues but he still has this team over .500 & treading water, while that Bob Hill led team was dog (without key players).

Again, the old guy can be stubborn and infuriating but he's better than 80% of the retread coaches in the NBA.

It'll be hilarious once he's gone and the team is stuck with Jim Boylen, Tim Floyd & Ryan Saunders - level coaches and pining for the old man.

Been obvious since forever, yet people on this message board won't appreciate him & his era of the Spurs (led by Duncan who he gives a majority of the credit) until it's over.
    Last season I'd rather have had Jim Boylen than Pop. And I said that multiple times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liked what I saw tonight from White

Lyles, Poeltl, Gay were all garbage

Their (Sixers) pick and roll was unstoppable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely dreadful comparison, homie. Pop has his issues but he still has this team over .500 & treading water, while that Bob Hill led team was dog (without key players).

Again, the old guy can be stubborn and infuriating but he's better than 80% of the retread coaches in the NBA.

It'll be hilarious once he's gone and the team is stuck with Jim Boylen, Tim Floyd & Ryan Saunders - level coaches and pining for the old man.

Been obvious since forever, yet people on this message board won't appreciate him & his era of the Spurs (led by Duncan who he gives a majority of the credit) until it's over.
    I’ll take a chance on Becky if he retires. Would be good PR for the Spurs too.

At the end of the day, Pop is arguably the GOAT coach and we will all look back thankful he was here. But his best days are also clearly behind him. He’s really had a lot of questionable moves in the last few years that I sometimes believe last year was an intentional but not confirmed tank season. . I can admire him not going out a chump like Phil Jackson did though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m convinced that whoever says that clearly never watches the Spurs and just uses whatever TNT, brainless analysts say.
    There are actually a lot of dumb ass casual fans that actually believe Pop has the magic stuff and that he made Duncan great. There are fans that are so in awe of Pop they believe he can take any scrub off the streets and make them into a legit star. I didn't realize how bad it was until a few years ago when I got into debates with fans on reddit, realgm about Duncan's legacy. To my surprise they were a lot of idiots discrediting Duncan's success and giving Pop the credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team's floor is the same as what I said 15 games into this season: 0.500

If the team continues to lose (I don't think they will), maybe it sparks FO to pull the trigger on a trade by the deadline or this offseason. I think they'll be less hesitant to include any player they don't believe is part of their future. The positive part about this is there's a lot of flexibility and they can go any direction they like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are actually a lot of dumb ass casual fans that actually believe Pop has the magic stuff and that he made Duncan great. There are fans that are so in awe of Pop they believe he can take any scrub off the streets and make them into a legit star. I didn't realize how bad it was until a few years ago when I got into debates with fans on reddit, realgm about Duncan's legacy. To my surprise they were a lot of idiots discrediting Duncan's success and giving Pop the credit.
    Sadly I feel Duncan’s career will always be underrated and overlooked because of the era he played in. I also see especially after his death fans will rate Kobe ahead of Duncan. But any true fan would know how impactful Duncan was. I guess we should just be happy we had him in the first place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need DDR to be compe ive against good teams. They can’t generate good offense against first units without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last season I'd rather have had Jim Boylen than Pop. And I said that multiple times
    No thanks. He did an absolutely terrible job in Chicago and all his players hated playing for him

Spurs need DDR to be compe ive against good teams. They can’t generate good offense against first units without him.

Right, which is why we need White & Murray to get a lot better in creating for other players. Or we'll need to acquire a combo forward that can do it at an elite level to compensate for Murray, White, Johnson & Walker IV's deficiencies.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is fast, too.

But whenever he gets 3 feet from the basket, he decides to bail out instead of taking upon himself to make a play.

That is the "it" factor I am talking about. Manu and Tony weren't afraid to try, win or lose.

Lonnie still seems like he is just trying to avoid making mistakes.
    agree with lonnie on the 'it' factor -- i just pointing out tony was supremely fast

tony had 'it' and manu had 'IT'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I didn't watch this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll take a chance on Becky if he retires. Would be good PR for the Spurs too.

At the end of the day, Pop is arguably the GOAT coach and we will all look back thankful he was here. But his best days are also clearly behind him. He’s really had a lot of questionable moves in the last few years that I sometimes believe last year was an intentional but not confirmed tank season. . I can admire him not going out a chump like Phil Jackson did though.
    Exactly...GOAT coach...but past his prime...that's like asking MJ to suit up because he is the goat...father time affects the mind too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We had him and lost to the Twolves...he isn't some savior

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the 1st and 3rd quarters that this team always has problems, and the athletic 2nd unit bailing them every time. This time it’s too much to overcome.
    yeah the bench always has to bail the starters out.

I didn’t watch the game due to work but at the half they were only down 8. The 3rd quarter they got killed!!! What happened? I know you will at least explain better than some who will just say a generic answer or say how much they hate Pop. Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurms
    spurm fans
    kawhi haters
    but we don't need kawhi!!
    gots
    will never win again
    blown out by an embid-less sixers team
    thinking dj or any scrub on this team is a star
    not even close to being on Kawhi's level
    tbh
    gots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers lost...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad I didn't watch this one.
    Smart move.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan won 5 championships despite having Pop as the coach. Truly amazing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan won 5 championships despite having Pop as the coach. Truly amazing
    Casual NBA fans "But it was Pop that made Duncan great. He taught Duncan how to win and made him into a superstar."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is clear that poop is a big part of the problem.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think anyone on the team has all-star potential realistically?

Should be selling a young guy or two off for picks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all depends on what is being offered but for the right pick I would be open to trade anyone on this team - but for the right pick. And yeah I would be shopping the out of Rudy, and Mills to see if we can nab an extra pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think anyone on the team has all-star potential realistically?

Should be selling a young guy or two off for picks?
    No. Zero dynamic shot creation, play making or shooting among the youth. White is the closest thing to it, but even at his best he's probably a third best player on a good team.

Forget about the future being bright; there's not even a roadmap to it until they find a centerpiece. Even then, Murray and Johnson have to make quantum leaps from 3.

All of these complimentary pieces will be exposed the second DeRozan isn't holding their hand, which is why I wouldn't put it past them to attempt to re-sign him or at least sign someone in his stead who can create (Fournier?).

Thread Information