Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy Daylight Savings boys. We’re in Philly tonight to take on a Sixers teams who has won 4 straight, but will be without Embiid for the next 3 weeks. Tough matchup regardless with Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris, & co leading the way. Let’s get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game will be televised on NBATV tonight. Simmons returns tonight after missing the last 2 games with an injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leading scorer out again. Good game for experience for the others to pick up the scoring slack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to the young ones playing without their DDR security blanket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No DDR = Lonnie needs to show up and ball out. He’ll get his opportunities. Hopefully he capitalizes on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie beast mode, check. Luka needs minutes for Spurs to dominate the paint. Spurs by 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs pull out a win tonight without Derozan, and especially if it's a convincing win behind the DJ/Derrick backcourt leading the way in scoring, I'm pulling out the hot takes baby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ/DW/Keldon need to come out with a killer mentality. Concerning Yak; great opportunity to prove his spot and to show LMA he ain’t nuthin. Hopefully Pop got wine drunk last night and is too hungover to out coach himself. Tonight is for our young fellas!! GSG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No DDR = Lonnie needs to show up and ball out. He’ll get his opportunities. Hopefully he capitalizes on them.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

I like Lonnie, but this season has really soured me on his abilities.

The physical ability is there, but he completely lacks the "it" factor which made guys like Manu and Tony great despite not being supreme talents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is likely a loss. I’m pretty sure Lyles gets the start again

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The physical ability is there, but he completely lacks the "it" factor which made guys like Manu and Tony great despite not being supreme talents.
    Tony was so fast though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony was so fast though
    Lonnie is fast, too.

But whenever he gets 3 feet from the basket, he decides to bail out instead of taking upon himself to make a play.

That is the "it" factor I am talking about. Manu and Tony weren't afraid to try, win or lose.

Lonnie still seems like he is just trying to avoid making mistakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is fast, too.

But whenever he gets 3 feet from the basket, he decides to bail out instead of taking upon himself to make a play.

That is the "it" factor I am talking about. Manu and Tony weren't afraid to try, win or lose.

Lonnie still seems like he is just trying to avoid making mistakes.
    Part of that in on Pop imo. I think he still haunts the back of Lonnie's mind but I don't think that's a bad thing either. Once Lonnie shakes that short leash mentality, he will be a better player in the end because of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tony led the NBA in pg% amidst trees and despite his height. That’s supreme talent. And Manu had the wicked passes and the Eurostep. I think you meant not having freakish athleticism. Still TP was the fastest on the court. But agree Lonnie doesn’t have the alpha mentality, he’s okay with being a supporting cast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is likely a loss. I’m pretty sure Lyles gets the start again
    Agree. It’s frustrating that Pop insist on the Patty/Gay/Lyles approach despite the athletic long guards and mobile bigs who can run with the best of them. Defense and transition offense. And use Patty as spot shorter only never a closer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When you say "without being supreme talents" you mean "without being supreme athletes", right? Because these guys were ubber talented, tbh. Specially Manu. Shooting, passing, dribling, finishing, foot work.There wasn't much technically he couldn't do, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs pull out a win tonight without Derozan, and especially if it's a convincing win behind the DJ/Derrick backcourt leading the way in scoring, I'm pulling out the hot takes baby.
    I like it! Top 5 Backcourt perhaps? Philly's matchup zone with Thybulle, Simmons as the Spearheads can be absolutely devastating. DJ gotta to be ready to shoot some 3s tonight without hesitation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope we're showcasing Trey... it's not that I just want to move on from him it's that pop is being stubborn about his role vs Luka's role..
    Last edited by mo7888; 03-14-2021 at 05:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony led the NBA in pg% amidst trees and despite his height. That’s supreme talent. And Manu had the wicked passes and the Eurostep. I think you meant not having freakish athleticism. Still TP was the fastest on the court. But agree Lonnie doesn’t have the alpha mentality, he’s okay with being a supporting cast.
    When you say "without being supreme talents" you mean "without being supreme athletes", right? Because these guys were ubber talented, tbh. Specially Manu. Shooting, passing, dribling, finishing, foot work.There wasn't much technically he couldn't do, tbh.
    Yes, I should have clarified.

I think of "supreme talent" as being the greats....Timmy, Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Robinson, etc.

Tony wasn't a supreme talent, but he was bull-headed enough to affect any game he played and wasn't afraid to go into the paint and finish amongst the bigs.

Manu wasn't a supreme talent, but he was so confident in his ability that he didn't care if he made a bad play, because he would follow it up with a great one.

Lonnie needs more of that in him if he wants to be a star. Otherwise, he can be content being just another decent player in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why tf is Trey Lyles starting? How many games does he have to prove that he sucks and is useless? I’d rather start Rudy Gay over him tbh. Luka needs ALL of Lyles minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why tf is Trey Lyles starting? How many games does he have to prove that he sucks and is useless? I’d rather start Rudy Gay over him tbh. Luka needs ALL of Lyles minutes.
    Classic Flopovich. No surprise here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch out for Philly's 2-3 zone, their zone defense is elite. Should give our guys a ton of problems

Thread Information