Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rebuilding blues - so this is what it feels like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess mills and gay didnt like their rumored trade destinations? A combined 0-11 wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop getting a C when his rotations and in-game coaching were deplorable. Otherwise grades are spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So here’s the thing Timvp. Pop started Lyles against Orlando only to play him 12 minutes. Then he started Lyles this game only to play him 14 minutes. Isn’t that Pop literally admitting he is ing up our starting rotation but not actually learning from his mistake and repeating it over and over again? Pop should get an F as long as he himself admits that he is sucking at our starting rotation. Just my two cents

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what it will take for Pop to get a failing grade..

Starting Lyles, pulling a HOT Lonnie, over relying on Gay and Mills, was most likely watching MSNBC at halftime, worst loss in franchise history, getting embarrassed by Doc as he has been his whole career..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles sucks. Sad Pop can’t see it. He’ll catch on after the Spurs have played themselves out of the playoff chase.

He’ll probably have a good game against a sh!tty Pistons team and fool the coaches that he’s worth a damn.

Oh and Mills as a team leader is laughable. I love the guy, but if he’s not hitting shots his worth is practically zero. Not a facilitator, not a defender. I like him for 12 minutes of energy off the bench but that should be his role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the guys are still affected by the aftermath of the COVID. Those that were out were not as consistent and effective as pre-COVID in the last 2 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White finally looked comfortable in the first half ... hopefully he builds on that to get back to "Bubble Derrick". Lyles needs to get out of the SL ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garbage time positives:

Luka again showing off his potential on offense.
    Tre Jones looked good.

Jakob has had a tough stretch, maybe 4 games or so where he hasnt played all that well, defense and cant finish anything at the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles sucks. Sad Pop can’t see it. He’ll catch on after the Spurs have played themselves out of the playoff chase.

He’ll probably have a good game against a sh!tty Pistons team and fool the coaches that he’s worth a damn.

Oh and Mills as a team leader is laughable. I love the guy, but if he’s not hitting shots his worth is practically zero. Not a facilitator, not a defender. I like him for 12 minutes of energy off the bench but that should be his role.
    Pops philosophy is always shooters shoot and keep shooting. I think for most, that's fine. Watching mills for the last 9 or so seasons including international, when he gets cold, he stays cold. I would think Pop would pull him entirely when he goes cold, but here we are.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops philosophy is always shooters shoot and keep shooting. I think for most, that's fine. Watching mills for the last 9 or so seasons including international, when he gets cold, he stays cold. I would think Pop would pull him entirely when he goes cold, but here we are.
    Also when he has the turnover bug they seem to last the whole game.. again pop should know this by now about Patty. He should never be the creator or initiator on offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also when he has the turnover bug they seem to last the whole game.. again pop should know this by now about Patty. He should never be the creator or initiator on offense
    I mean, is the past Pop had no choice. There was this gap once Manu left where Mills became a point without success. There was one season he played both, he started in both and backup both. But a healthy current team, he shouldn't be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too good grades for this show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp. But I’ve already scratched that off and looking forward to a comeback on tonight’s game. I really hope Pop sees the potential of Luka helping physically over Rudy and Lyle, likewise Vassell with his long reach. Defense >>> offense. That means relying more on defense to get Spurs back in the game than Patty and Rudy to outscore the opponents. If Spurs lose I’m okay with it as long as they played great defense.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LJ must be grading on a curve. Should be lots more Ds and Fs for last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to pull the plug on the Trey Lyles experiment. He plays poorly off the bench and even worse with the starters.

Vassell and Samanic should get all of his minutes going forward. They are better at nearly every aspect of the game and actually have an NBA future unlike Lyles.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to pull the plug on the Trey Lyles experiment. He plays poorly off the bench and even worse with the starters.

Vassell and Samanic should get all of his minutes going forward. They are better at nearly every aspect of the game and actually have an NBA future unlike Lyles.
    imo it's quite possible that Pop is "showcasing" Lyles by starting him, for inclusion in a LMA trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo it's quite possible that Pop is "showcasing" Lyles by starting him, for inclusion in a LMA trade.
    Well all that is doing is dragging down his value, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well all that is doing is dragging down his value, tbh
    which at least is consistent with LMA then

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only other explanation on Lyles is that it's a soft 'tank'. Miss the playoffs but look like they're trying.

No real other explanation for why this scrub continues to get minutes and Samanic rots at the end of the bench after the run up to the all-star break he had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only other explanation on Lyles is that it's a soft 'tank'. Miss the playoffs but look like they're trying.

No real other explanation for why this scrub continues to get minutes and Samanic rots at the end of the bench after the run up to the all-star break he had.
    Agreed. The answer is usually more complex than the "he good he play, he bad he dont play" ideas thrown around on this website. Can't expect everyone to know what a professional environment is like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst loss in franchise history and TimVP gives out a bunch of C's and D's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst loss in franchise history and TimVP gives out a bunch of C's and D's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There are other explanations. Flopovich is an idiot is one of them. He ain't tanking and he wasn't tanking the last 2 seasons when he started Bryn Forbes for 150 games straight and played Belinelli over Walker. It's the classic Flopovich pecking order

Thread Information