Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Criticisms of Tucker typically amount to "Here's what he's lying about" or "Here's how he's manufacturing outrage around a non-story."

Criticisms of John Oliver are usually "He's just not funny."

Everyone's en led to their opinion, and humor is certainly subjective, but let's tap the brakes on saying they're basically two sides of a different coin.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    John Oliver is capable of being funny, even if he does miss quite often.

I have yet to crack a smile at anything Trevor Noah has ever done. He’s insufferable and the worst possible choice to replace Jon Stewart.

Also Oliver at least mocks the fact that he’s a British guy lecturing Americans. Trevor pretends like his South African roots somehow make him smarter than Americans when it comes to American politics.

Samantha Bee is better than either of them.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criticisms of Tucker (by soy boys) typically amount to "Here's what he's lying about" or "Here's how he's manufacturing outrage around a non-story."

Criticisms of John Oliver (by people who like humor) are usually "He's just not funny."

Everyone's en led to their opinion, and humor is certainly subjective, but let's tap the brakes on saying they're basically two sides of a different coin.
    Tap those brakes, Sadbert.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you saw him once and made you uncomfortable and you're basing your opinion off that one instance. I have seen Oliver's show for years now. It's not just about being funny. Him and his team really do their research. It's not just a hit piece for the sake of being funny.
    All's he's doing is soy raging about Tucker clips, tranny.

His team's research consists of digging up possom pictures and joining in on the group therapy session when they're writing this dog .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you saw him once and made you uncomfortable and you're basing your opinion off that one instance. I have seen Oliver's show for years now. It's not just about being funny. Him and his team really do their research. It's not just a hit piece for the sake of being funny.

On the other guy, I dont watch Noah on a regular basis but have seen a few of his stand ups and he's not that bad either in terms of being a comic.
    See, you're making assumptions like others here do when someone doesn't agree with them. No. I've seen his show, I've seen his specials back when he looked more like Steve Carrell with Down's syndrome. I've watched him enough to know he isn't funny and I don't care for his show. I'll be fair, he's better at doing this (again, when you have million dollar writing teams, hard to completely fail) than he is being a comic. But, again, I measure he to Stewart and Colbert and he's not as entertaining or funny in his role as a fake news anchor as they were.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have yet to crack a smile at anything Trevor Noah has ever done. He’s insufferable and the worst possible choice to replace Jon Stewart.
    Yeah...tried, REALLY tried. He's damn near insufferable.

And, the best fake news show of the last decade has been Sports Show with Norm McDonald. #fact

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also Oliver at least mocks the fact that he’s a British guy lecturing Americans. Trevor pretends like his South African roots somehow make him smarter than Americans when it comes to American politics.

Samantha Bee is better than either of them.
    Noah is crap, giving him Stewarts spot after Wilmore crashed and burned on Colbert's old spot is a real head scratcher. Prime Colbert report Colbert was better than all of em, it's why he got the late show job.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noah is crap, giving him Stewarts spot after Wilmore crashed and burned on Colbert's old spot is a real head scratcher. Prime Colbert report Colbert was better than all of em, it's why he got the late show job.
    He's black, has a British accent, and is a system wanker. It's not a head scratcher. They don't give a about entertaining you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's black, has a British accent, and is a system wanker. It's not a head scratcher. They don't give a about entertaining you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You neckbeards like to think you're above the mean in intelligence. It is what it is.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    to think that this guy objects to being called Derp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just about being funny. Him and his team really do their research. It's not just a hit piece for the sake of being funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    daily show hasnt been worth watching since stewart left. the only redeeming factor is they put together good clip compilations/montages

oliver's comedy mostly feels like family guy. its just a completely random out of nowhere joke that has nothing to do with the context of the discussion. his segments are usually decently researched though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are so many American talk show hosts British, slob?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    daily show hasnt been worth watching since stewart left. the only redeeming factor is they put together good clip compilations/montages

oliver's comedy mostly feels like family guy. its just a completely random out of nowhere joke that has nothing to do with the context of the discussion. his segments are usually decently researched though.
    This again? It's him watching clips and crying about them. Stop making it sound academic.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why are so many American talk show hosts British, slob?
    Why do you think Trevor Noah has a British accent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This again? It's him watching clips and crying about them. Stop making it sound academic.
    he uses tucker's own clips and quotes... instead of pulling a tucker and making broad statements like "the left wants to cancel women" and then crying about that for 15 minutes

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he uses tucker's own clips and quotes... instead of pulling a tucker and making broad statements like "the left wants to cancel women" and then crying about that for 15 minutes
    That's a real feather in his cap.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think Trevor Noah has a British accent?
    He's from South Africa

He has the accent. Don't be dumb.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HBO and Oliver taking a wet dump after they won their lawsuit against Bob Murray remains a high point of the show.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's from South Africa

He has the accent. Don't be dumb.
    How does someone have a British accent if they’ve never lived anywhere near Great Britain? Derp gonna derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does someone have a British accent if they’ve never lived anywhere near Great Britain? Derp gonna derp
    Okay. You don't know about the history of South Africa.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HBO and Oliver taking a wet dump after they won their lawsuit against Bob Murray remains a high point of the show.
    A notch above what you see at your tranny cabarets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one cares about Bob Murray

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one cares about Bob Murray
    lol still posting here.

Thread Information