Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random but crazy. How the do you miss a 7’6 guy on a bicycle.... Feel terrible for him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s horrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sucks for Bradley and his family. Too young and is now stuck in a wheelchair for his foreseeable future. Such a pity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to be funny, but would he even fit in an ambulance? Must be crazy hard to be that big with a major injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, that sucks. Probably texting and driving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely sucks, especially given how down to earth the guy was. He left the limelight of the NBA to be a school teacher I think. Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prayers for Shawn and his family.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    awful news

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dang - no more joking about him getting posterized when he was playing. Awful news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel bad for the guy. Not your typical tall white guy-center. Had a mean-streak to him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was at fault? Second player I have heard who got paralyzed. Rodney Rogers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was at fault? Second player I have heard who got paralyzed. Rodney Rogers.
    Oddly same draft class also. Horrible stuff

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they say what are his chances of recovery? Hoping for the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hit by a car while riding his bicycle a block from his house. Very sad, Shawn Bradley was always a compe or and class act. Hard to imagine being paraplegic, much less with legs as long as his. Hope to see him achieve success in rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A horrible accident. Wishing Shawn and his family all the best moving forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brutal. Spinal / nerve damage is no joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the do you hit a 7ft3 guy on a bicycle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texting while driving needs to be upgraded to same as DUI.
    Only put some teeth in the penalty.

Not like these numb nutts who acquire 7 DUIs and are still given a license.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oddly same draft class also. Horrible stuff
    were they in the same class? Damn.

Rodgers was and is one of my favorite NCAA players of all. I used to love Wake Forrest with him and Randolph Childress back in the day. They were the only other ACC team I actually didn’t hate outside my UVA cavaliers.

The way Rodgers got paralyzed was sad also. Dude wreaked his 4 wheeler.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    were they in the same class? Damn.

Rodgers was and is one of my favorite NCAA players of all. I used to love Wake Forrest with him and Randolph Childress back in the day. They were the only other ACC team I actually didn’t hate outside my UVA cavaliers.

The way Rodgers got paralyzed was sad also. Dude wreaked his 4 wheeler.

I'm in my late 30's but I moved to NC when I was eleven and also hated all the ACC teams except for Wake Forest. I missed out on seeing Rodney/Childress playing but I got to see Duncan/Childress which obviously was pretty exciting to watch.

My younger brother lives around the area in which Rodney lives and actually had met him a few times prior to him getting paralyzed. My brother told me his interactions with Rodney were always positive and that he was a good guy and very approachable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note I remember in hschool watching Mavs-Spurs game 1 in the '01 playoffs and seeing Duncan having a confrontation with Bradley and yelling at Bradley after he got caught with a sharp elbow from him. One thing that took me off guard is how different Duncan's voice sounded when he was angry because they showed an audio clip of him yelling and being sarcastic with the refs when it came to the way they were calling that game and allowing Bradley to get away with hacking him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note I remember in hschool watching Mavs-Spurs game 1 in the '01 playoffs and seeing Duncan having a confrontation with Bradley and yelling at Bradley after he got caught with a sharp elbow from him. One thing that took me off guard is how different Duncan's voice sounded when he was angry because they showed an audio clip of him yelling and being sarcastic with the refs when it came to the way they were calling that game and allowing Bradley to get away with hacking him.
    I hated how Don Nelson sandwiched Duncan between Dirk and Bradley. I always wondered how he could score when he had to shoot over the top of Bradley. Bradley played good defense on him, but of course, Duncan being Duncan, he figured it out for most of the series.

I met Bradley once before the Mavs became a rival. He was on the Mavs. Very approachable guy and not at all stuck on himself. He certainly stood out in a crowd. He even acknowledged that the Mavs sucked at the time and was cool about the Spurs. It's really sad that this happened to him because he was a good dude and he had a good sense of humor about everyone in the league trying to dunk on him, especially given that he blocked lots of those dunks. For every highlight dunk he got, he gave a lot of blocks in return. I remember him blocking Barkley like 6 times in one game.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad news. Really glad he's paraplegic and not quadriplegic though, which is what I was initially fearing from the le.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hated how Don Nelson sandwiched Duncan between Dirk and Bradley. I always wondered how he could score when he had to shoot over the top of Bradley. Bradley played good defense on him, but of course, Duncan being Duncan, he figured it out for most of the series.

I met Bradley once before the Mavs became a rival. He was on the Mavs. Very approachable guy and not at all stuck on himself. He certainly stood out in a crowd. He even acknowledged that the Mavs sucked at the time and was cool about the Spurs. It's really sad that this happened to him because he was a good dude and he had a good sense of humor about everyone in the league trying to dunk on him, especially given that he blocked lots of those dunks. For every highlight dunk he got, he gave a lot of blocks in return. I remember him blocking Barkley like 6 times in one game.
    Bradley was a great shot blocker. I think he did lead the league in blocks at least once in his career. All great shot blockers get dunked on but I think why it stood out for Bradley was because he looked like a giant awkward stick figure plus he as the tallest guy in the league so it just stood out more. I do remember him blocking Duncan's shot a few times in the '01 playoffs in a game but like you said Duncan being who he was figured him out and eventually got his but it was still amazing how for small stretches he was able to frustrate Duncan.

Bradley struck me as a good guy whenever I saw his interviews. I remember watching some old high school interviews he had as a senior a year ago that YouTube randomly recommended to me. Even at his young age he seemed pretty mature about what he wanted to do in life and knew who he was which is rare when your 17. Even after his career was over from what I saw of him working as a school teacher it seemed that he was a well adjusted person who was happy with his life. Granted it's easy to be happy when you have millions in the bank but you tend to see a lot of these athletes unhappy and directionless once their careers are over.

Thread Information