Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ecstatic.
    good news for grandpa!
    In two weeks we go somewhere with his dog. IM dragging him out.

Did you get the appointment on a mobile device or PC? Just curious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC first time, team effort.

Second was autoscheduled by APH.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For that particular video, I skipped past all their weather bs, listened to the t-cell expert, and then stopped watching.
    No I get it.
    I would stop also.
    I really dont want to state this. I have the background to understand this. And if snake is taking this all in, he is pretty damn good in doing this as a hobby.
    But reading is much... ahhh... in this format its good having the back and forth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC first time, team effort.

Second was autoscheduled by APH.
    I think they're finally setting up something like APH in San Antonio. It has been ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when I was away, the mobile device absolutely sucked.
    Absolutely the PC.

The buttons in all the right places easy to navigate v. the mobile
    I just did it whenever I posted it. Had to be luck with some speed and ease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I get it.
    I would stop also.
    I really dont want to state this. I have the background to understand this. And if snake is taking this all in, he is pretty damn good in doing this as a hobby.
    But reading is much... ahhh... in this format its good having the back and forth.

I usually only watch the clinical update with Daniel Griffin, but I stopped after he discussed that ty Ivermectin study published by JAMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when I was away, the mobile device absolutely sucked.
    Absolutely the PC.

The buttons in all the right places easy to navigate v. the mobile
    I just did it whenever I posted it. Had to be luck with some speed and ease.

Cool. I wasn't having luck with either earlier today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool. I wasn't having luck with either earlier today.
    I did not think it would sink in like it has but this is gonna open things up for relatives.
    Im totally at ease now. Weird stuff. I honestly thought I was invincible anyways.
    But it was leading to so many other problems concerning other people and boundaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not think it would sink in like it has but this is gonna open things up for relatives.
    Im totally at ease now. Weird stuff. I honestly thought I was invincible anyways.
    But it was leading to so many other problems concerning other people and boundaries.
    Glad you got it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they're finally setting up something like APH in San Antonio. It has been ridiculous.
    what are governments good for, eh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiosyncrasy, I hate watching videos.

Can you net it out for me, or is it too complicated?
    Idiosyncrasy, I hate watching videos.

Can you net it out for me, or is it too complicated?
    Nothing too complicated on the astrazeneca vaccine. It probably does cause this rare type of brain clotting but it's very rare and the virus causes more clotting risk than it. It's probably associated with some type of immune response triggered by the az vaccine not using a stabilized pre-fusion e. Then they say there are treatments for that type of clotting and now the Docs know to look for it. Benefits outweigh the risk. Well, for Europe. Doesn't apply to us because I think the FDA is going to pass on the astrazeneca.

T Cells more complicated. Short simplistic version, picture this as your immune response after vaccination....

B cells make virus specific antibodies. Antibodies block the virus from entering cell. We all make the same antibodies. When the virus escapes those antibodies it escape them on a population level (i.e. everyone's antibodies).

but you also get a virus specific t cell immune response...

t cells recognize an infected cell and kill it to stop the viral reproduction. It's t cells that actually clear an infection. Simplified, we all make a unique t cell response. So the virus cannot escape t cell response on a population level.

So when the virus escapes antibodies, which it will, you still have significant protection from disease. Then you go get your booster shot to get new antibodies. It's not that big a deal...in this country at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Setting the first appointment was a tedious, infernal exercise. The APH site was all janked up at first.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might.

If you can't explain in your own words, you haven't mastered it yourself, that's all.
    Science hasn't master it yet tbh. Our immune systems are amazingly complicated.

Did you know you have a virome? That's right, you are teeming with billions of viruses. Can't live without them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Setting the first appointment was a tedious, infernal exercise. The APH site was all janked up at first.
    Getting the first one is a chore -- no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing too complicated on the astrazeneca vaccine. It probably does cause this rare type of brain clotting but it's very rare and the virus causes more clotting risk than it. It's probably associated with some type of immune response triggered by the az vaccine not using a stabilized pre-fusion e. Then they say there are treatments for that type of clotting and now the Docs know to look for it. Benefits outweigh the risk. Well, for Europe. Doesn't apply to us because I think the FDA is going to pass on the astrazeneca.

T Cells more complicated. Short simplistic version, picture this as your immune response after vaccination....

B cells make virus specific antibodies. Antibodies block the virus from entering cell. We all make the same antibodies. When the virus escapes those antibodies it escape them on a population level (i.e. everyone's antibodies).

but you also get a virus specific t cell immune response...

t cells recognize an infected cell and kill it to stop the viral reproduction. It's t cells that actually clear an infection. Simplified, we all make a unique t cell response. So the virus cannot escape t cell response on a population level.

So when the virus escapes antibodies, which it will, you still have significant protection from disease. Then you go get your booster shot to get new antibodies. It's not that big a deal...in this country at least.
    Thank you for your detailed and expertly organized reply!

I do not pretend to understand the diagram, but the rest I could sort of follow with my very fuzzy private school AP Biology.

Hilariously, I think I placed out of all of the college biology I was (maybe) capable of passing as an undergraduate -- 9 credit hours, I think.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-30-2021 at 11:40 PM. Reason: (maybe)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did you know you have a virome? That's right, you are teeming with billions of viruses. Can't live without them.
    They are indeed but it’s incredibly cool.

The way our cells mix and match different pieces of DNA in critical areas to make totally unique proteins that recognize viruses and almost anything else as foreign is absolutely amazing.
    If other cells behaved this way it would be awful.
    Biology on the whole is so freaking complicated.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only minor annoyances for me last week. Web link in an email wasn't a hyperlink and had to type ".aph" after my email address to login but everything else was smooth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only minor annoyances for me last week. Web link in an email wasn't a hyperlink and had to type ".aph" after my email address to login but everything else was smooth.
    site had the slows really bad at first, but the .aph was indeed the first hurdle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have heard that.

Is the brain-gut connection still news?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One reaction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a death via peanut allergy photo, would you like to see it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a death via peanut allergy photo, would you like to see it?
    whataboutery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the qchrisy who still posts after giving his word he would leave.

Thread Information