View Poll Results: Do you want the Spurs to keep DeRozan after this season?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 48.89%
  • No

92 51.11%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've made the poll public, imo, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the game got tight the Spurs looked to their star and he led the flame out. The most telling moment was after White called time out and then there was a second timeout to advance the ball. The inbound went to DeChoker-who promptly fell down (he falls down a lot in crucial moments-remember in Toronto when he fell down and let #2 steal his lunch money?-I think he folds so bad under pressure that his brain just quits and he forgets how to stand up) anyway if DJM (was it him) was not there to bail DeChoker out-who knows what would have happened.

Hitching your wagon to DDR making him the man/highest paid player on this team is a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buncha ungrateful bas s on this board. Everyone was throwing a parade here when we beat DET and CHI without Demar and then he comes back and we win easily against another ty team and casuals are crying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better ways to spend the salary allotment than reupping DDR. PATFO need to pull it off though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan was solid tonight. Great job by him and his supporting cast against a scrappy Cavs team.

I'll add I'll take DeRozan all day over John Wall and Oladipo combined. 19 straight loss vs the frickin Pistons tonight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd sign DDR on a friendly deal...because imho all depends on the kind of role he will be allowed to play in our future. As one (maybe still the best one) of the team opposed to the "star" of the team. <i'd sign him only in the first case and pay him accordingly...also with a long term contract. Something that shows by numbers that 1)he's still considered the best one of all our players, but only by a little margin (reality check); 2) makes him a spur for the rest of his career.
    In this I'm not opposed to a possible 4 years contract but only at a price that shows his committment not only to the team but also to the "young road" the team taking. Something like a 20 millions flat for 4 years (80 total). I say this because this year's rumors were that he was meshing well with the young kids (probably, for a lot of reasons, differently from Alridge...and, by the way, I'm sorry to say that LMA will to part ways with he team and not accept his bench role is another evidence of his personality...in the sense he has a me first world and no team wiew).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People asking for "DeRozan on a lesser role", you do realize he's incapable of playing off ball right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People asking for "DeRozan on a lesser role", you do realize he's incapable of playing off ball right?
    A lesser role comes with less minutes that cames with older age...That would mean the opposite of not giving him the ball (and still now an alternative playmaker playing with White or Murray or both is, imho, a good idea). The point is just to understand if he wants to still be considered the only all star of the team or if is possible to let him realize, and accept by money contract, that he's going to be in time more and more a mentor than a one man show...that's, imho, what's already what's already happening on the court...His numbers are very good and from a basketball standpoint maybe are in line with the best of his life expecially because more than all are his assist numbers that shows improvement...what we need to understand is if that's a sign of a more team oriented player or just of a player that wants to enhance his numbers at his best only for his next market value...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that:

His USG% this year is the lowest it's been since his second year in the NBA. He's already been playing a lesser role. Tonight, for example, he took the 3rd most shots in the game. His USG% (as well as minutes) will only drop every year he's a Spur.

For comparison:
    DeMar's USG is at 24% (last year and the year prior were 26% and 28%, respectively)
    Harden is at 28%
    Doncic is at 35%

DeMar's USG% is decreasing as the season goes on and we might see that number drop further by the end of the season. In the game vs the Cavs, he only had a 20% USG (!!!).

He's no longer this ball dominant player who is in the way of other players, at least for the most part.

USG% -- Usage Percentage
    An estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while they were on the floor.

It's possible DeMar can age gracefully as a player who focuses on drawing the defense and finding other players.

Remember, I'm Team No-DeRozan. And that's only because I don't know how they will make it work with Keldon on the roster. If they figure that part out, I feel comfortable with DeMar on the team.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 03-20-2021 at 02:44 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that:

His USG% this year is the lowest it's been since his second year in the NBA. He's already been playing a lesser role. Tonight, for example, he took the 3rd most shots in the game. His USG% (as well as minutes) will only drop every year he's a Spur.

For comparison:
    DeMar's USG is at 24% (last year and the year prior were 26% and 28%, respectively)
    Harden is at 28%
    Doncic is at 35%

DeMar's USG% is decreasing as the season goes on and we might see that number drop further by the end of the season. In the game vs the Cavs, he only had a 20% USG (!!!).

He's no longer this ball dominant player who is in the way of other players, at least for the most part.

USG% -- Usage Percentage
    An estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while they were on the floor.

It's possible DeMar can age gracefully as a player who focuses on drawing the defense and finding other players.

Remember, I'm Team No-DeRozan. And that's only because I don't know how they will make it work with Keldon on the roster. If they figure that part out, I feel comfortable with DeMar on the team.
    That's not an off-ball player though. His usage can decrease, a whole different animal is him being useful whenever he doesn't have the ball in his hands, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not an off-ball player though. His usage can decrease, a whole different animal is him being useful whenever he doesn't have the ball in his hands, tbh.
    He can play offball the team is just better with him on the ball. He is decent off the ball inside the 3 point line but even more impressive is his efficiency and his playmaking. As long as he keeps the turnovers to a minimum like he is this year, he can grow into a mentor facilitator. Not everyone on the floor needs to be deadly from the three. He is pretty good at everything else. It will help a lot when the younger guys get even better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still vote for him not being on the squad next year. I’d like to see more of the younger guys play.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I change my vote here? I was probably 55-60% towards DDR staying "for the right price"... but now I'm changing to the "I think we can be better without him" team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'm also seeing that we have a fairly capable team without him. So, yeah, I'd be curious to see the results of a new poll. My guess is it would swing to the "no". No offense to Demar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team may have already reached their ceiling with the DeMar experiment...its time to try something else...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm torn, I understand the "let the younger guys play" mindset but that was the battlecry of all the teams the Spurs would always destroy back in the day, a strong veteran presence is what kept the Spurs at the top of the league; to go just the youngsters feels like an old Phoenix Suns mindset who were constantly in the lottery UNTIL they brought in the vet experience of CP3 and now they seem like a completely different team. I was quick to call Demar, DePression and was more of an LMA guy that a DeFrozen guy but a vet leader is necessary on this team beyond what Patty and Rudy can provide and Dijon isn't ready for that roll yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm torn, I understand the "let the younger guys play" mindset but that was the battlecry of all the teams the Spurs would always destroy back in the day, a strong veteran presence is what kept the Spurs at the top of the league; to go just the youngsters feels like an old Phoenix Suns mindset who were constantly in the lottery UNTIL they brought in the vet experience of CP3 and now they seem like a completely different team. I was quick to call Demar, DePression and was more of an LMA guy that a DeFrozen guy but a vet leader is necessary on this team beyond what Patty and Rudy can provide and Dijon isn't ready for that roll yet.
    We’re not at the top of the league. We’re likely in the lottery. That’s where head led us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enough of this _eRozan is a vet leader. The man melts down easily and sets bad examples. He’s not someone you want around unless pop is telling the young guys behind the scenes to look at _emar and do the opposite of what he does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar posted a cryptic message on IG: "Laugh now, cry later"

Probably a sign he's making the best of his time with people he's formed relationships with on the Spurs organization and then it's goodbye?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick is going to be 27 next year and Murray is going to go into his sixth year next year (well including the one year on the sidelines). There’s your vets, hand the reigns over already and sign cheap 30+ year olds if you want more veteran presence. What we need is more talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted yes (at the right price) but am leaning towards "no" now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably a sign he's making the best of his time with people he's formed relationships with on the Spurs organization and then it's goodbye?
    Cry later when he re-signs unfortunately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry later when he re-signs unfortunately.
    only if he is trolling ST, lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, "a strong veteran presence" isn't what kept the Spurs at the top. It was "hall of fame presence" that did. DeRozan isn't that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

could also be talking about his father. enjoy the memories and remember him fondly right now, and grieve during the offseason when there's time. i think that makes more sense tbh

Thread Information