Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    San Antonio is not a foodie town, full stop.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I munched at Oolong in Helotes this weekend. The beef in the triple delight dish I ordered tasted kinda weird. I stopped eating it and just finished the shrimp and fried rice. Too late!!! I had catastrophic, projectile, uncontrollable flaming diarrhea less than 4hrs later. I will not be going back there for damn sure.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Correct. Mexican food dominates the food scene in SA because of how Hispanic the city is. BBQ is big too I supposed. San Antonio is actually not a very diverse city the way a Houston is with people from so many different backgrounds and cultures.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I disagree. SA is one of the best places to get all sorts of ethnicity food. And it doesn't stop at Mexican. Due to all the military bases in SA you can find high quality ethnic food from all over the world. Also reasonably priced compared to most of the rest of the USA. Try getting SA prices in California or the East coast, lol.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The Oriental help is always sweeping & mopping as you're trying to eat.

Me: "Please stop, I'm eating."

Them: "Okay." as they keep sweeping & mopping.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    They can tell you're a piece of .

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    They can tell you're a piece of .
    Grudge posting in the club. Thread must've really grabbed your pussy today.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Grudge posting in the club. Thread must've really grabbed your pussy today.
    Rugs are oriental, derp. People are Asian. That's why he's a piece of in the club.

You grudge post everywhere, derp.

We must really grab your pussy every day.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    The y beef is good. But they'll never recover from canceling the barbecued pork.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Panda Express isn't trying to be truly "authentic" Chinese food just the way Taco bell isn't trying to be truly "authentic" Mexican food. To complain about it is silly. I'm not a huge fan of this place but I'll go maybe once every few months.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Panda Express isn't trying to be truly "authentic" Chinese food just the way Taco bell isn't trying to be truly "authentic" Mexican food. To complain about it is silly. I'm not a huge fan of this place but I'll go maybe once every few months.
    That wasn't really the complaint. Most Chinese food Americans eat isn't authentic. My point was that if you're willing to get out of the car and walk in a Chinese restaurant, you can usually find better food at a cheaper price. Of course, this is probably heavily dependent on where you live.

Even for average food, I can go into a buffet and get some of everything for the same price. Even if you load up a takeout box, you're better off.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Rick and Morty sugar chicken scene scrubbed from Youtube, probably as part of their deal with Wendy's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    That wasn't really the complaint. Most Chinese food Americans eat isn't authentic. My point was that if you're willing to get out of the car and walk in a Chinese restaurant, you can usually find better food at a cheaper price. Of course, this is probably heavily dependent on where you live.

Even for average food, I can go into a buffet and get some of everything for the same price. Even if you load up a takeout box, you're better off.
    I think the buffet is a little more authentic which turns the American locals off. Also I can't remember the last time I ate inside a Panda. I did it years ago at the Mall food court but if I'm doing sit down then it will be Chins (not sure if you have that). I stopped doing buffets some years ago because I just found myself paying to get more full. At a point that wasn't necessary. In America I have a nice sized fridge and take advantage. I don't stuff myself with the big portions in one sitting.

Good point about the takeout box. Before Covid there was a Pick Up Stix here and although more expensive I preferred to Panda. But when I was younger my mother really loved the Panda skinny noodles. Even though she would enjoy Thai, Viet, Indian and "authentic" Chinese with me, she still really liked those noodles

Sidenote: here in California the Mexicans don't really eat Asian food but Panda is packed with them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think the buffet is a little more authentic which turns the American locals off. Also I can't remember the last time I ate inside a Panda. I did it years ago at the Mall food court but if I'm doing sit down then it will be Chins (not sure if you have that). I stopped doing buffets some years ago because I just found myself paying to get more full. At a point that wasn't necessary. In America I have a nice sized fridge and take advantage. I don't stuff myself with the big portions in one sitting.

Good point about the takeout box. Before Covid there was a Pick Up Stix here and although more expensive I preferred to Panda. But when I was younger my mother really loved the Panda skinny noodles. Even though she would enjoy Thai, Viet, Indian and "authentic" Chinese with me, she still really liked those noodles

Sidenote: here in California the Mexicans don't really eat Asian food but Panda is packed with them
    I guess it depends on the buffet. Around where I live, it's mostly different variations of Panda. Five kinds of fried chicken in various sauces (orange, sesame, etc.), a few types of beef, some fried shrimp stuff.
    But in any event, I can load up a take out box with several types of food and get a bowl of soup as well for around $10. And other than the Crack Orange Chicken, the buffet is better.

Thread Information