Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Not saying. But easily the worst throwing up experience of my life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Orange chicken is the

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nah. One of the less popular ones. I would never give up Mexican (or Italian).
    indian or thai if i had to guess

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    indian or thai if i had to guess
    So you're saying the soy boy can't handle heat?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Glad that trash isn't gluten free whatsoever.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    If I were to throw up from Indian food, it wouldn't be because of y food. It would be because curry is nasty.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    If I were to throw up from Indian food, it wouldn't be because of y food. It would be because curry is nasty.
    Which reminds me... COVID might be the best thing to happen to my life. Because before that I'd be forced into 40 hours of week in an office that pungently smelled of Indian curry.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Mexican- very high in cholesterol and saturated fat between all the oil, cheese, beans and various meat. Not the iest unless you want it to be, but all the fat and cholesterol can give you a bad stomach if you're not careful, used to it, or prepared (I take cholestoff with such meals, they're quite handy and they work)... but otherwise, very delicious and you definitely miss it if you're in a northern place for awhile that doesn't have good Mexican.

Italian- high carb, lower fat, generally lighter and daintier than Mexican, unless you're talking about a takeout pizza, which is more American than Italian. But still, lighter and delicious and unlikely to cause gastro issues, unless of course you eat a whole American pizza.

Chinese-
    high sodium, high protein, variable in fat, but can be nutritious if you select certain items with more vegetables. Doesn't have to be super y. It's hard to find good Chinese food outside of the major metro areas. The Panda Express's and Chinese buffets of the world are no good.

Indian-
    is actually good every once in awhile, but you really have to be in the mood for it, and working in IT makes you generally not in the mood for it. Generally high in saturated fat and cholesterol, similar to Mexican food. Can be on the y side, but, scarcely has it ever given me a bad stomach.

Thai-
    can be healthy if you get the right things, generally healthier than Chinese food, but you have to know what to get and don't ever get "Thai hot". The Thai green curry is disgusting, though. I stick to pork key mow and occasionally a pad-thai type of dish with medium e and don't have gastro issues with it.

Mediterranean / Middle Eastern- again, you have to know what to get. This can be the healthiest and leanest food you can eat if you know what to get. With falafel specifically, don't take it lightly, just because it's not meat- it is a very dense food and eating too much of it can and will upset your stomach. One is generally fine. Greek Salad is amazing and I've never had issues when eating a Gyro or Shwarma.

Did I miss anything, tbh? Other than American, which is well, American. Yeah there's Japanese/sushi but it generally falls under the category of Chinese because sushi is available in most Chinese restaurants in the USA. There's Vietnamese which is basically just that bone-broth soup (pho) which is benign or you can get a Vietnamese sandwich with a bunch of veggies on a very soggy bread. There's Korean BBQ/korean food, had it a couple times in 2013, bulgogi and ramen; it didn't give me an issue. I don't know what's left? There's not really any Russian food, East Europe isn't considered a food haven, nor is Africa or South America.. although for I've read people that do actually eat in Africa, it's quite similar to like Louisiana/Jamaican cuisine.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I've never had issues when eating a Gyro.
    Learn how the Muzzies kill animals and then try saying that.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Learn how the Muzzies kill animals and then try saying that.
    They pray to 'Allah' and then decapitate them swiftly. Doesn't sound specifically inhumane.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    They pray to 'Allah' and then decapitate them swiftly. Doesn't sound specifically inhumane.
    You're better off believing that's how it goes down if you're gonna keep eating their meats.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I totally empathize. I went to ToGos on (best mainstream OTC sammich joint not named Scholtzky's) Saturday because I was hankering a meatball sub and there's is very ing tasty.

ONLY two people in front of me. 30 minutes to get my sammich, no lie. I get to the POS to pay and it crashes. I'm standing there for 10 minutes for the system to restart. It never does and the meantime my sammich is just getting cold, soggy and unpalatable .

I've waited 40 minutes and it's now just a mush marinara fest of a sammich. POS system not up still. What would y'all do if you're the manager?

Well, they didn't. Even worse, the group of 5 who saw me walk out beat me to the Subway after I left.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i havent been to panda since moving here though. one of the best food places we've found here is a small mom and pop chinese joint. food is better than panda. well-priced too. about once a month or so we'll order ~50 worth of takeout, have it for dinner on friday, and then for a meal on each of Sat and Sun.
    Most sit down Chinese restaurants are better than Panda Express. It's amazing how many good sushi and Asian food joints I find in unlikely towns.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Most sit down Chinese restaurants are better than Panda Express. It's amazing how many good sushi and Asian food joints I find in unlikely towns.
    haven't found a good sushi place in this city, but yeah... really good chinese food and even a half decent middle eastern kabob joint

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    haven't found a good sushi place in this city, but yeah... really good chinese food and even a half decent middle eastern kabob joint
    There's gotta be one. I was in Little Rock and stumbled across some of the best sushi I ever had.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There's gotta be one. I was in Little Rock and stumbled across some of the best sushi I ever had.
    there's one place that reviews well here called Ten but i didnt think it was that good. im probably spoiled coming from LA though. some really good sushi places all over the place

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    there's one place that reviews well here called Ten but i didnt think it was that good. im probably spoiled coming from LA though. some really good sushi places all over the place
    yeah...that makes sense. And unless there are multiple decent sushi places, it may be too expensive for any one place to get fresh fish.
    Still...you're in Nashville right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah...that makes sense. And unless there are multiple decent sushi places, it may be too expensive for any one place to get fresh fish.
    Still...you're in Nashville right?
    charlottesville

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh ...have you tried, "Ten"?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ha! We probably were talking about the same spot. It's on the west side?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh ...have you tried, "Ten"?
    Lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ha! We probably were talking about the same spot. It's on the west side?
    No idea. My kid had a soccer tournament and it was pretty close to the hotel. It was pretty packed. This was a couple of years ago.

I just checked and we were staying downtown. But it seems like it was not downtown. Was part of a small strip.
    Last edited by SpursforSix; 04-02-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rock and Roll Sushi?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Rock and Roll Sushi?
    definitely not.

Thread Information