My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh a science fiction article. Nice

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in favor of either trade honestly... Its interesting to me that Patty is worth more than LMA on the market though...

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ursula le guin-esqu science fantasy fiction tbh

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in favor of either trade honestly... Its interesting to me that Patty is worth more than LMA on the market though...
    Productive player with a good at ude vs unproductive with a bad one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, no trades are happening. Spurs are gonna buy out LMA and finish the season as is. They’ll try and low ball DeRozan in the offseason and he will decline and sign elsewhere. That’s when it gets interesting..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m hitching my cart to the Danny Ainge sign and trade for Demar in the offseason wagon

bonus points if one of Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum is disgruntled and wants out of Boston after the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No firesale for mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, no trades are happening. Spurs are gonna buy out LMA and finish the season as is. They’ll try and low ball DeRozan in the offseason and he will decline and sign elsewhere. That’s when it gets interesting..

Yup that cap space is going to demar,gay& mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good article.
    He's unlikely to go anywhere. The Spurs value"corporate knowledge" and community engagement. He's got both and he and Rudy have something to do with the success of the youth movement.
    From the ringer.com
    The Spurs are 5-5 this season in games that were close in the final minutes. This team will not stop competing. It’s an organization-driven mindset,

I'm good with his slightly overpaid contract and him staying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Productive player with a good at ude vs unproductive with a bad one.
    Also salary and skill sets, Patty slots in on almost any contender,
    LMA salary is difficult to move/match. That said, Patty is unlikely to leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Underrated comment tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmm... this article is the most confusing so far. Patty Mills commanding multiple players + first rounders? If that is any where near his real value. Spurs should trade him in a heart beat.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A variation that sends Gay to 76ers too.

https://tradenba.com/trades/JSLpEQzKF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really is no way to increase the minutes of Vassell, Lonnie, or both next year without Mills being gone.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There really is no way to increase the minutes of Vassell, Lonnie, or both next year without Mills being gone.
    Same is true of Samanic and Gay too.

I expect our '21 pick to be in Austin, but if we do pick higher than expected a rookie might need developmental minutes in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same is true of Samanic and Gay too.

I expect our '21 pick to be in Austin, but if we do pick higher than expected a rookie might need developmental minutes in San Antonio.
    Mills is on the Bryn Forbes train route out of San Antonio. When there's a clearly better player available, they usually let the lesser player go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is on the Bryn Forbes train route out of San Antonio. When there's a clearly better player available, they usually let the lesser player go.
    I’d put Mills a few grades above Forbes and Marco. We simply have too much overlapping talent and outside of his vet leadership he doesn’t really fit with our trajectory. Likewise, for a compe or like himself this team, in it’s current state doesn’t make sense. Patty could be a material role player on a contender in his current form.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [url

Would Pop ever willingly say goodbye?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate Mills at all but there are now better players on this team that play in his spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills' value off the court is beyond measure to the team. We all know this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not trading him and the only way they're not re-signing him for something like 3/$36M (contenders and pseudo ones alike will be bound by the MLE), is if he tells them he prefers to sign with one of said teams.

I get the sense he prefers the big man on campus role he could only really have here and that they didn't let Forbes, a personal favorite of theirs who wanted to stay, leave on an inexpensive contract if they thought they were a season out from losing Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's retiring a Spur, but nice to consider.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills' value off the court is beyond measure to the team. We all know this.
    No one doubts this but also no one thinks the Spurs should pay him an amount of money justified only for players expected to play 20+ minutes which the Spurs will not have for Mills, unless they're moving on from Lonnie or Vassell. And no one expects Mills to take a paycut either when this is his last chance to earn a big contract. So the Spurs have to make a decision between overpaying Mills for his off the court services or letting him go. I wouldn't be surprised by either option, but we both know one choice is worse than the other if we're looking at the big picture of things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one doubts this but also no one thinks the Spurs should pay him an amount of money justified only for players expected to play 20+ minutes which the Spurs will not have for Mills, unless they're moving on from Lonnie or Vassell. And no one expects Mills to take a paycut either when this is his last chance to earn a big contract. So the Spurs have to make a decision between overpaying Mills for his off the court services or letting him go. I wouldn't be surprised by either option, but we both know one choice is worse than the other if we're looking at the big picture of things.
    I could see Mills taking less for a longer-term deal. If he's truly trying to act in the mold of the Big 3, they all did that to help the overall team success. Who knows how much money Tim left on the table over the years, but I'd guess a solid 9 figures compared to what he'd of gotten if he had the mentality of today's superstar. Mills says he's all about the "Spurs way", so we'll see.

It will be interesting.

Thread Information