Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess there are degrees. DD didn’t melt down when he didn’t reach an extension agreement, and he’s been pretty with the program and mentoring the young guys.
    I was talking more about on-court than off-court. Off the court, yes, DeMar has been a great leader. On court, not being able to discipline DeMar when he plays selfishly or plays poor defense impacts wins and losses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It takes a warrior or an alpha to go through and back. Aldridge doesn’t have it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get how a lot of people here were wishing him well. this guy. He could have really helped the team in a bench role the rest of this season. He could have just left as a free agent next off-season, so no, I don't think I want to wish him well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get how a lot of people here were wishing him well. this guy. He could have really helped the team in a bench role the rest of this season. He could have just left as a free agent next off-season, so no, I don't think I want to wish him well.
    You can’t really blame him for ring chasing at his age. And the Spurs are not at that position, yet. He was still a part of the Spurs, and I could only wish him the best.
    Last edited by John B; 03-23-2021 at 10:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there some reason he can't be helping out these past 3-4 weeks with his $24 million salary still being paid?

While the cutesy "mutually agreed" PR spin was given by woke Pop, it's got to be true that this was LMA prompting 100% right?

Some reason he can't continue to play productive spot minutes and actually up his value?
    Thats exactly what I’ve been thinking since trade talks stalled. He probably did get his feelings hurt and quit. Seems like a dude that would do that.

Also think Pops wokeness is total bull way too often.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how nobody is bashing him for not sitting on the bench like they were doing for Kawhi
    Probably because it’s expected coming from him. It’s his MO. The guy always sits at the end of the bench an seemingly away from the “acrimony”. Also two completely different situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think players are tired of Popovich and his dictatorship we know as the San antonio spurs. We're gonna continue to suck as long as he's here. What worked in in the 90s and 2000s does not work in 2021. And I'm tired of seeing the Mills/Derozen 4th quarter combo..
    Probably a lot to what you’re saying. Pops a hall of fame but we need a changing of the guard pretty soon. (A year or 2)

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar's another dude who I feel Pop tip toes around his feelings.

I mean, I get it. Not everyone can take it, especially today.

Pop yells at DJ but holds back with DeMar. I think if/when the torch is passed to DJ, we'll see a mentally tougher team.
    Absolutely agree. Aldridge wanting out the first time changed Pop in some way, and then Kawhitter's horrendous drama made it more so. Then we get DDR who is getting technicals constantly and feels betrayed. Yeah, Pop had to bite his tongue and that has had an effect. I joke that Pop just yells at the younger players more to get it out of his system. The irony is that when LMA and likely DDR are off the team, then Pop will be too, most likely retired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a lot to what you’re saying. Pops a hall of fame but we need a changing of the guard pretty soon. (A year or 2)
    I love Pop and what PATFO have helped brought to the city of San Antonio. And I get frustrated also with Pop and his calls. But always at the end of the day, it seems that the Spurs are in a better position. You have to admit Spurs lost a franchise player in the worst way, and Spurs only missed the playoff once. We don't even know if by design to land a Vassell . And all the while we curse Pop. We have a young athletic core at every position, and 4 expiring contracts that could net us the 20/10 PF/C. PATFO seems to be always a few moves ahead, and we're just too simple minded to realize at the moment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar's another dude who I feel Pop tip toes around his feelings.

I mean, I get it. Not everyone can take it, especially today.

Pop yells at DJ but holds back with DeMar. I think if/when the torch is passed to DJ, we'll see a mentally tougher team.
    Completely agree...glad someone else noticed that too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably because Kawhis trade request came after the season and all year he pretended like he was coming back. LMA and spurs have already parted ways, why would he sit on the bench? It's funny how you post this and act like you don't understand the difference because you simp for Kawhi 3 years later
    I genuinely think Kawhi was gonna come back until the Spurs lowballed him...all reports said he and Pop made up, then the hit the fan after the lowball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I genuinely think Kawhi was gonna come back until the Spurs lowballed him...all reports said he and Pop made up, then the hit the fan after the lowball
    I thought we offered him the supermax. I just think he was always going to leave. But yes LMA is a quitter and f the quitter. I hate this whole I can just sit and do nothing and get paid 24 million just bc I whine about my minutes. It's like this that makes me hate player en lement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA quited when asked to play C
    LMA quited when #2 was our first offensive option
    LMA quited last year with soulder debridement surgery before the bubble
    LMA quited when sent to bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you got your time lines messed up bro. Dude said he was coming back all year. Showed up to the team photo shoot like all was cool and dipped. Team confronted him and he ghosted the Spurs after that. I don't think it was ever about the money tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I think it's more complicated than that. I believe the Spurs wanted to move him and that played a role in his effort. That then made it harder for them to justify keeping him and so on. "Quitting on" to be implies that the team wants the player but the player is gone mentally.

It's not a good look for either side, though, LMA more than the Spurs
    The whole reason why the spurs wanted to move him was because he quit...

He came off the bench all of what...2 games...and then boom..."mutual agreement"...

Do we really need to list all the nba players who hear there names in trade rumors or are on the verge of being traded and still play ?

I mean Harrison Barnes found out he was getting traded from the mavs WHILE he was playing in the game...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you got your time lines messed up bro. Dude said he was coming back all year. Showed up to the team photo shoot like all was cool and dipped. Team confronted him and he ghosted the Spurs after that. I don't think it was ever about the money tbh

I believe what actually happened was Kawhi camp thought the spurs would fold and supermax him anyway, and ownership sent Pop to tell him he was going to have to play out the last year of his deal and there would be no extension talk until after the season, in which his team said trade me...

Lets not give Kawhi to much credit here where he would be the person to say anything...uncle dennis probably still changes his diaper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Pop and what PATFO have helped brought to the city of San Antonio. And I get frustrated also with Pop and his calls. But always at the end of the day, it seems that the Spurs are in a better position. You have to admit Spurs lost a franchise player in the worst way, and Spurs only missed the playoff once. We don't even know if by design to land a Vassell . And all the while we curse Pop. We have a young athletic core at every position, and 4 expiring contracts that could net us the 20/10 PF/C. PATFO seems to be always a few moves ahead, and we're just too simple minded to realize at the moment?
    Probably. All I know is that the man is getting older AND we should be starting to transition away from Pop. Soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah bro...ur wrong...after pops wife died there were reports after the season ended that he and Kawhi mended the relationship...the media even stopped trying to push the narrative that Kawhi wanted out... everyone expected he would be back...this was in the offseason...then when contract extension time came, he was lowballed and the hit the fan from there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's not a huge physical talent gap between a guy like LMA and someone like Tim Duncan, but there is a giant difference in what's between the ears. Timmy had the focus, and the burning desire to win that LMA never had. As Tim aged, he did everything he could, physically, to stay compe ive. LaMarcus (without Tim's knee issues) just let himself become irrelevant.

It's too bad, because I'm an LMA fan. Sliding back into being a role player is something LMA just can't mentally handle, even though that's all he can do, physically, at this point.
    Last edited by Ed Helicopter Jones; 03-23-2021 at 12:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. All I know is that the man is getting older AND we should be starting to transition away from Pop. Soon.
    It's off topic and should be on Pop thread, but I would hold on to Pop for the longest. We never realize what we have until we lose it.
    I think the PATFO are best in scouting, drafting, and developing unknown players. But it takes somewhat a "jerk" to be a savvy salesman, to trade players without emotional attachment. Whether it's the best way or not in the long run. That's what always differentiate the Spurs as a classy organization from top to bottom.

Aldridge quit, and I don't blame him for ring chasing at his age. This is every basketball players dream, to get a championship by the end of the day. It's tough nephew jumped ship, or Aldridge could've won a ring or two. Just the same, I wish him well.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Nah bro...ur wrong...after pops wife died there were reports after the season ended that he and Kawhi mended the relationship...the media even stopped trying to push the narrative that Kawhi wanted out... everyone expected he would be back...this was in the offseason...then when contract extension time came, he was lowballed and the hit the fan from there
    revisionist history big time. there was no mended relationship. regardless of how Kawhi felt about Pop he had an issue with the Spurs, not pop himself. Pop's wife dying wasn't going to guilt Leonard into staying. and if the price was paying him a supermax which would have completely hamstrung the franchise because he cant even carry a team by himself - then so be it.

i think if anything - Spurs told him we will pay you the supermax but we want to see that you're healthy on the court. which is not an unreasonable request. I guarantee if they felt he was healthy and would've stayed they probably would've given him the supermax. the issue is he balked and demanded a trade before we ever got to see his on court play

seriously, find these reports of Pop and Kawhi making him and him willing to re-sign and post them because I don't remember seeing anything remotely like that during the summer of 18

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge quit, and I don't blame him for ring chasing at his age. This is every basketball players dream, to get a championship by the end of the day. It's tough nephew jumped ship, or Aldridge could've won a ring or two. Just the same, I wish him well.
    Why in your view does "quitting" and "chasing a ring" have to be one and the same?

The whole reason why the spurs wanted to move him was because he quit...

He came off the bench all of what...2 games...and then boom..."mutual agreement"...

Do we really need to list all the nba players who hear there names in trade rumors or are on the verge of being traded and still play ?

I mean Harrison Barnes found out he was getting traded from the mavs WHILE he was playing in the game...

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    in regards to the OP - LMA definitely quit, dude can off tbh. I appreciate him putting in work in 18 and 19 but he has been a diva his entire time here and i won't miss him one bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in your view does "quitting" and "chasing a ring" have to be one and the same?

"Quit" on the Spurs and did not stay as a role player instead. I said I would understand him "ring chasing" that's why I don't blame him. I think the language is fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the bubble hes totally quit on sa

Thread Information