My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams are sagging in the paint because they know our starting line-up lacks elite 3 point shooting. They know we are good at driving to the basket and slashing though so they sag in the paint. My suggestion would be that we put Luka, Lonnie (once his wrist is ok), and Devin Vassell out there with DJ at the point and Jakob at the 5, and green light Lonnie, Vassell, and Luka to shoot 5-7 threes each per game, and focus on defense at the other end. And they each need 20 minutes a game like this so we could get a good sample of this strategy. I think the spacing could really stretch out the defense and then we could bring Keldon off the been to eat in that new found spacing. That's what the fans seem to want. that's what I want to see anyway.

I'm not sure who would play what position in that line up other than DJ at the point and Jakob at the center, but all three of those other guys are versatile and athletic.
    Thoughts on this strategy?
    Last edited by 3&D_TBH; 03-27-2021 at 04:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DDR to some sucker who will give us a good draft pick or some 6’ 8” dudes who are not stiffs or a muscle dude who is 6’10” and can guard

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams are sagging in the paint because they know our starting line-up lacks elite 3 point shooting. They know we are good at driving to the basket and slashing though so they sag in the paint. My suggestion would be that we put Luka, Lonnie (once his wrist is ok), and Devin Vassell out there with DJ at the point and Jakob at the 5, and green light Lonnie, Vassell, and Luka to shoot 5-7 threes each per game, and focus on defense at the other end. And they each need 20 minutes a game like this so we could get a good sample of this strategy. I think the spacing could really stretch out the defense and then we could bring Keldon off the been to eat in that new found spacing. That's what the fans seem to want. that's what I want to see anyway.

I'm not sure who would play what position in that line up other than DJ at the point and Jakob at the center, but all three of those other guys are versatile and athletic.
    Thoughts on this strategy?
    Anything that gets Luka and Devin on the court shooting 3's I'm in favor of...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of our players shoot the ball better when it’s moving. A moving ball moves the defense around, leading to vulnerabilities. Ball movement has been in short supply, recently. DDR has been pounding the air out of it. He’s not remotely playing like he did in the bubble, and he needs to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan won't get benched man. Not with Pop being the head coach. I'd say start Poeltl/Luka/DDR/Walker/DJ but Pop will never start Luka so he might start Lonnie for Derrick or Keldon and that's it. That means we are still starting 4 non-shooters and teams can still pack the paint, but I think that's about as far as the old man will go. Maybe he will start Mills or Gay if we lose 15 in a row who knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan won't get benched man. Not with Pop being the head coach. I'd say start Poeltl/Luka/DDR/Walker/DJ but Pop will never start Luka so he might start Lonnie for Derrick or Keldon and that's it. That means we are still starting 4 non-shooters and teams can still pack the paint, but I think that's about as far as the old man will go. Maybe he will start Mills or Gay if we lose 15 in a row who knows.
    For a man who prides himself on his politics being progressive, his approach to line-ups and strategy is quite the opposite. I like Pop, but man he needs to try some line-up with shooting. smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie and Luka havee the highest upsides on the team even though they could both still bust. Devin's ceiling may not be quite as high but his floor is probably a really good NBA rotational player. KJ is KJ and just need to diversify his game.

All 4 need minutes, and we have to hope at least 1 changes into a franchise player. I kind of feel we know what we have with White, DJ, and Jakob. They're NBA players, yes, but they won't move the needle as the main piece.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need to tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAR too late for that.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAR too late for that.

still can be those few spots higher in the draft thanks to tanking right now. Better this than play off/play in and no lottery.

Thread Information