Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still like a trade to ATL. Makes sense for both sides.
    That is my hope as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan and lma both wanting out of sa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report articles have the journalistic integrity of most posts on Spurstalk, so I'm not necessarily inclined to believe DeRozan is asking to be traded. Now, whether the Spurs are shopping him a bit...that could be happening for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe DDR wants to leave. But I can't imagine he is in a rush to leave S.A. He's revitalized his career by putting up some of his best numbers. SA makes him the centerpiece of the offense. He gets as many shots as he wants and the ball is in his hands whenever he is on the court. He's in the perfect showcase situation and so I don't know that he is in a rush to leave to another situation where he becomes the 2nd or 3rd best player and his shots get limited. The only way I would see him really wanting out would be if he had a chance to play somewhere with Lowry again and contend.

Leave as a free agent? Sure. But want out this season, I'm not so sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe DDR wants to leave. But I can't imagine he is in a rush to leave S.A. He's revitalized his career by putting up some of his best numbers. SA makes him the centerpiece of the offense. He gets as many shots as he wants and the ball is in his hands whenever he is on the court. He's in the perfect showcase situation and so I don't know that he is in a rush to leave to another situation where he becomes the 2nd or 3rd best player and his shots get limited. The only way I would see him really wanting out would be if he had a chance to play somewhere with Lowry again and contend.

The Knicks are going to make a strong push for him. He will get plenty of shots with them since they don't have a legit perimeter scorer. NYC is also only a 30 minute flight from Toronto and we all know how much Demar misses Toronto.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only reason I could see him pushing out is because of the contract situation. I'm guessing he would only agree to be traded to a particular situation if they are promising a contract extension he wants.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan, not culture was the glue that held this franchise together for 20 years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have Demar walk than take on a bad contract. He would be a great addition to a team that is the cusp of the playoffs. His offensive efficiency is through the roof. To average less than 2 turnovers a game and more than 7 assists is impressive. Atlanta and Chicago are logical destinations, but not for peanuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it would make more sense for DDR to just wait until the off-season.

This looks like the Spurs see the writing on the wall that DDR is walking and now they are scrambling to get something.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id say get a 1st round pick, but i also know that pick will be wasted on a player that needs 3 years to start playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id say get a 1st round pick, but i also know that pick will be wasted on a player that needs 3 years to start playing.
    Yeah, because that's what happened with Keldon (who is averaging 30 minutes in his second year, 3rd highest on team) & Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff. Now just need to ditch Rudy, Patty, and the old man this offseason and this organization can finally move on and start looking towards bigger / better things than the last 3 garbage years tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that gives us a legitimate, ring-worthy, #1 option... That's a price you pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan, not culture was the glue that held this franchise together for 20 years.
    even duncan almost went to the magic. Thank david for really buying in and keeping sa legitimate

demar has been a good teammate and is def coachable . If i were him id be worried sours havent got an extension done with him yet. Spurs should move him for a big and balance the roster if they dont plan to resign him,unless that "cap space" is going to bring back something this off season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way Spurs cap space does anything is to absorb bad contracts attached to 1st round picks ...no FA signing here

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as it keeps us better.

It's plausible. But spurs usually is quite picky with returns.

It maybe contract talks didn't go well. But then again he will.be one of the better free agents next season. So he don't need to rush

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have Demar walk than take on a bad contract. He would be a great addition to a team that is the cusp of the playoffs. His offensive efficiency is through the roof. To average less than 2 turnovers a game and more than 7 assists is impressive. Atlanta and Chicago are logical destinations, but not for peanuts.
    Nah if Demar wants out, you trade him now for a good haul. There is no top FA who will be knocking on Spurs door anytime soon, especially without a Star to play with.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey lyles wants out too.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need him way more than he needs us. We are over here losing to CHA without LaMelo (and would've gotten blown out ifhe wasn't here) and people want him gone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to target the Knicks. The Knicks want to get in the playoffs badly and have had interest in Demar for a while. See if you can trade Demar to them for a first rounder and some solid role players. The knicks have 2 first round picks this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need him way more than he needs us. We are over here losing to CHA without LaMelo (and would've gotten blown out ifhe wasn't here) and people want him gone
    Spurs are definitely a lottery team without him but if he doesn't want to be here they might as well trade him and just start the official rebuild. Maybe you can package him and LMA together and get some interesting offers from a desperate team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading DDR now would mean the Spurs are giving up on making the playoffs. I'm all for it if they can get a good lottery pick. Lots of talent in the upcoming draft. But I also enjoy watching DDR play. I wouldn't even mind if they signed him for two more years if the money was reasonable for the dropoff. But I'm sure he wants a big contract and he has probably earned one. No way the Spurs make the playoffs with him getting traded.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Excellent point. We have rehabilitated his playing style in a way that should be helpful for a lot of teams, at least ones with outside shooting. And yeah, going to another team could potentially lower his market value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading DDR now would mean the Spurs are giving up on making the playoffs. I'm all for it if they can get a good lottery pick. Lots of talent in the upcoming draft. But I also enjoy watching DDR play. I wouldn't even mind if they signed him for two more years if the money was reasonable for the dropoff. But I'm sure he wants a big contract and he has probably earned one. No way the Spurs make the playoffs with him getting traded.
    I think Spurs would be willing to max him out for 2/3 years? But DDR wants 4 year max... do you sacrifice this year for one last run at playoffs? Stuff we aren't privy too in the discussions internally.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to target the Knicks. The Knicks want to get in the playoffs badly and have had interest in Demar for a while. See if you can trade Demar to them for a first rounder and some solid role players. The knicks have 2 first round picks this year.
    Knicks would be good, but theyre probably targeting him and Lowry together this off-season with all their cap-room.

Chicago is interesting though with that Porter contract. DDR/Trey for Porter/Markenen works on paper. Unclear who would have to add the picks to make it work.

Thread Information