Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Don't players usually get held out of games a day or two from being traded? DeMar isn't being traded.
    Not always. Pretty sure Harrison Barnes got traded in the middle of a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like some poster said. If they promised him Championship runs and we don't have that, he was misled and should request a trade. We don't know. So I won't judge this guy atm. We'll see in the future.
    Trey Lyles??? Muther in' Trey Lyles??!!!! No one wanted Trey Lyles. He was promised that he'd go another year being able to avoid eating 2 for $5 Whoppers. He was picked up off the scrap heap after he couldn't crack the rotation in Denver.

Jeezus. Maybe we can trade him for Demarre Carroll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing is, they have 6 less losses than the Pelicans with 32 games left, so they can have their cake and eat it too regarding the play in or possibly (I doubt it) playoffs, especially if they acquire a secondary creator/shooter like Bogdanovic or Fournier, in a DeRozan trade.

The same applies if they acquire a big wing in it, such as Gordon or Porter Jr., which would free up trading Gay too (I'd imagine he'd prefer to be moved if DeRozan is traded).

But I'll believe they're making a trade when I see it. They probably haven't even done their homework with regards to whether an upcoming cap space team (namely Raptors) has interest in signing DeRozan, which would obviously destroy their leverage on the sign and trade front.

Two string beans, who are mediocre and worse on the defensive glass, can't protect the rim and don't roll. Yikes.
    It just depends on the lineup they are up against. They can't play against just anybody but Lauri would be at least as good as Gay as a small ball 5 and the spacing they'd provide on the other end would open things up dramatically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the bulls rumors are true. Then you gotta think they want lauri markannen. Demar as a stretch 4 for them with lavine and Williams would be dirty.

The Knicks is an intriguing option too, a veteran scorer is what the Knicks need to solidify a playoff spot
    OPJ + Lauri + pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri isn't ideal at the 5, but you gotta think... he probably would have done a ton better job than the travesty that was Rudy Gay last night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OPJ + Lauri + pick
    I think it’s Lauri or a pick, hard to see both unless DDR is 100 committing to return to CHI this summer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s between Chicago and Atlanta and I think Derozz would sign off either one as long as they have a gentleman’s agreement on his next contract. And yeah I would definitely want a first from either trade that’s a no brainer
    Last edited by BackHome; 03-23-2021 at 06:06 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Don't players usually get held out of games a day or two from being traded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The constant reports would seem to be his agent trying to get an extension (previously) or getting another team to commit to him to get his extension. Everything the young players say about him, plus his body language around them, looks like he really enjoys playing here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lauri isn't ideal at the 5, but you gotta think... he probably would have done a ton better job than the travesty that was Rudy Gay last night.

Ehh, idk about that, tbh. Like sure, he probably would've done marginally better than Rudy, just for the fact that Rudy is old as balls and shouldn't be anything more than a bench player, nevermind a 4th Q closer; but everything I've read and seen of Lauri points to him being a solid negative on defense. It's exactly the reason most Bulls fans aren't really torn about potentially losing him, despite how well he theoretically fits into the modern game with his player archetype. He doesn't box out, gets picked on, doesn't set good screens, and doesn't read PnR defenses well.

Having said that, I'll gladly take him in place of DD but that's a given, and because I think the Spurs can develop him into something better than he is right now. If he can at least become a neutral defensive player, he can easily be hidden and complement Poeltl's game with his perimeter shooting. The Bulls' package is certainly the most enticing to me, if we were to trade DeRozan away...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think Bulls really want a star and DeMar is sort of a low budget Kobe. It would be a perfect fit as long as they keep Zach and don't gut the core of the team to much. I think for Spurs it's all about picks. How many future picks will the Bulls throw their way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't players usually get held out of games a day or two from being traded? DeMar isn't being traded.
    Usually being held out happens day of deadline which usually is mid-afternoonish. Spurs could get their money trade at the last second. Iirc Brent Barry for JR Smith did get agreed on but the paperwork didn't meet the cutoff time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That and Trey Lyles minutes are just ing schizophrenic insanity.

Start him. Play him heavy minutes off the bench. Play well in both spots. Get praised by Pop. Then fail to sniff the court for the last 3 or 4 games when we are in the midst of 5 games in 7 days and could use his legs.

It's just increasingly clear to me, dating back to the unserious way he used Bryn, that the game or his ego has been detrimental to the team.

I'm now all on board to see Will Hardy or Ime Udoka run this club.
    Bryn Forbes has value in this league. He has a superior skill that he's using in Milwaukee. As a starter? Probably not.

Trey Lyles has no appreciable skills whatsoever. He was given his shot once LMA was removed from the rotation and utterly failed to make an impact. He wasn't even remotely as good, on offense or defense, as a guy from Croatia trying to find his place in the league.

Trey Lyles was on his way out of the league when the Spurs picked him up because of the Morris debacle. Lyles failed in Utah, he failed in Denver, two teams that value players of his 'skill set.'

Give me a break. Trey Lyles trying to request a trade or a new situation is absolutely laughable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh God, I can't wait for this board to incessantly about what a disaster Markkanen is on defense for the next five years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Lyles isn't careful he may get let go for a buy out candidate, a player on a 10 day contract, or a G-leaguer with halfway decent stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody wants Derozen. We'll be lucky to a 2027 2nd round pick for him or Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are moving DeRozan we should definitely get a lottery pick out of it. I don't understand why the rumor is that he can be had for next to nothing. One would think with only 4 teams having cap space to sign him, the price should be a little higher. Anyway the Spurs should absolutely inquire about Myles Turner and John Collins. I think DeMar would make a lot of sense for Indiana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it time to tank now boys? We are like a game out of 10th place. LMA gone and now DDR. My spidey senses are tingling boys! It’s happening! Another Devin Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is more media drivel designed to disrespect the Spurs tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it time to tank now boys? We are like a game out of 10th place. LMA gone and now DDR. My spidey senses are tingling boys! It’s happening! Another Devin Vassell
    lmao

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh God, I can't wait for this board to incessantly about what a disaster Markkanen is on defense for the next five years.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like the organization is behind common consensus rather than ahead of the game these days.

We probably should have ripped the band‐aid last year. Oh well.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love watching demar play (offense)

i'll be a player fan of his wherever he goes

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Least to say, Demar still put up the numbers in these 3 years.

Kudos to him for his contribution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar was put in a ed up situation, forced to fit in a team that was originally built around Load Management...and he's given it his best. He has clear flaws on the court but he'd be a great fit for certain teams out there as a second or third option. Whatever happens (very unlikely he gets dealt by the deadline), I wish him the best.

Thread Information