2 4.17%
  • Patty Mills

19 39.58%
  • They all stay

26 54.17%
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After being informed that nobody uses beepers anymore, GM Brian Wrong is in line at Costco to purchase minutes for his brand new Blackberry. With Lamarcus Aldridge quitting on the team, we can expect the Spurs to do the "right thing" and lose him for nothing so he can go play with the Nets, Clippers, or Lakers. So this is the only sure fire person we know that is gone.

Rudy Gay has apparently been made available. I really like the way that Rudy Gay adapted to this more motion offense. Whenever he gets the ball, he motions it towards the basket instead of a teammate. There should be a lot of teams interested in the combo forward going forward. But I say he stays.

Patty Mills is another name that other teams have interest in. Sean Marks apparently wants him badly but he would also fit perfectly in Morey's 3 ball style on a Philly team that frankly needs his shooting. With Embiid in the post, Mills is the perfect person to kick out to when the double team comes in the playoffs. We have seen him hit big shot after big shot this year and it's no surprise that he is Pop's go to guy for a game winner/send to OT (even when Derrick White was like 5/7 in threes made).

And finally, our leader. Our captain. The guy who all the youngsters listen to and go to for advice. Who is respected through out the league for his game. A man who many true fans here said was robbed of an All-Star appearance. Mr. 4th quarter himself, Demar DeRozan. The guy has been nothing but a consummate professional ever since he got here from the Jack in the Box parking lot. He dragged a team that lost Dejounte Murray for the season and also started Bryn Forbes to the playoffs. He was ripped last year for not doing it a second time when basically Dejounte Murray didn't play. And now has his team 2 games out of 4th place. Reports have surfaced that we have made him available. Both Washington and CHI are interested. Can we get a 1st rounder from them? Can we get a player with some upside back for him? I don't know, but i do know that once Brian Wrong learns how to use a smartphone the entire NBA better watch out because we are going to be back!

Time to play: Which vet is here to stay or is off to LA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of them, Aldridge will be bought out though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you asking about this trade deadline or this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is the only one leaving and that'll be via a buy out. It isn't about "doing the right thing" and more about no one wanting to give up assets for a declining player. Or attaching (draft) assets to offload a terrible contract.

A similar situation played out in Detroit with Griffin and is playing out with Andre Drummond in Cleveland. Who is still in his physical prime, but again teams/GM's aren't dumb anymore trading for expiring contracts.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA gone.
    DDR gone.
    Patty stays.
    Rudy stays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the pets will stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not expecting any significant changes at all. Same roster, minus LMA.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty and Rudy will be resigned because of "culture". The notion of coaching a young team without a familiar vet probably scares Pop to death. Derozan leaves in the summer. LMA is comically bought out, Spurs doing him another favor he doesn't deserve after they already guaranteed him his 25 mil salary this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only LMA will leave.

I don't know why people freak the out about losing a player for nothing. Aldridge's contract, plus kicker, makes it hard to move him, unless the team wants to take back long-term contracts. It's unlikley they can find anything to improve the team for half a season of LMA. Better let him move. It's already a plus not having to cram him into a rotation where he no longer belongs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA will be bought out.

DDR will move on cause he's not really all that thrilled to be playing PF.

Gay will move on unless the spurs overpay and depending if we make the playoffs and make some noise they might.

Patty will get a crazy offer from somewhere and the spurs will probably stupidly match after striking out in free agency. 50 / 50 if Patty stays or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is a lifer, and probably would be an assistant coach someday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of them, Aldridge will be bought out though
    Prolly Gay too

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty is a lifer, and probably would be an assistant coach someday.
    Totally agreed or maybe a move into FO to replace Brian Wright to do whatever he does lol. Hopefully Aldridge and Gay are bought out but think the poll results are accurate unfortunately. I don't trust PATFO with any trade at this point without getting fleeced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agreed or maybe a move into FO to replace Brian Wright to do whatever he does lol. Hopefully Aldridge and Gay are bought out but think the poll results are accurate unfortunately. I don't trust PATFO with any trade at this point without getting fleeced.
    I think they will all stay. I think buyers are calling to package with Aldridge, but if ever I think it would be Rudy and a pick.
    Demar is such a major piece and could very well decide Spurs' fate, whether Spurs are going to the playoffs or be in a lottery pick.
    I don't mind getting into the lottery pick and trade for a 20/10 PF/C instead of 3 years development.
    Dumb move by Lyle and will not be bought out, but instead now stuck in the bench. Spurs tried to salvage his dying career, and wasted every opportunity. The guy has skills, but lazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only LMA will leave.

I don't know why people freak the out about losing a player for nothing. Aldridge's contract, plus kicker, makes it hard to move him, unless the team wants to take back long-term contracts. It's unlikley they can find anything to improve the team for half a season of LMA. Better let him move. It's already a plus not having to cram him into a rotation where he no longer belongs.
    agreed. and it's not as if LMA was going to be on this roster for more than the rest of this season. if we can't get anything of value for him, or would have to absorb a bad contract, just let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully no one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All will stay but LMA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We like what we have.

If there are no good offers, I'm fine with Demar staying. We can always do a S&T in the summer.
    But I don't want to see Rudy in Spurs uniform ever again. Give him away for free if there are no offers.

Patty will unfortunately never leave, not even after he retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If trades do occur, one of Gay/Lyles will still be here. Wouldn't be fair to Luka to have free reign.

Thread Information