Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if white keeps ting the bed, and lonnie cant be counted on for consistent offense, then we're going to have no choice but to go back to Derozan to be a viable team, but while he raises the floor of the team, he also limits the ceiling. sad...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it is really going to get ugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, night fellows. Have a goodweekend.
    See ya 'round the bend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he also looked amazing in that playoff series against the nuggets a couple years back. his flashes last for multiple games at a time, then he just vanishes
    He was great for the second half of that season tbh. Last season Pop kept ing with his role until the bubble when he put him back in SL and he dominated, and now this season he can't stay healthy. If he can stop getting injured I expect him to get back to a high level, but avoiding injury is a big question mark.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan has registered a +/- of -65 in the last 4 games.
    A good reminder that his presence is overvalued. You can’t build around him. I’m fine with letting him go and let Devin get those minutes. In the longterm, on average, we’d probably do about the same when you consider DDR’s long awful spells.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m considering this as a 9-man rotation from our current squad:

DJ
    Devin
    Keldon
    Luka
    Yak

White
    Walker
    Rudy
    Eubanks

We’d need playmaking and outside shooting. We’d still be a lottery team. We’d likely have to sign a free agent to meet salary requirements, though perhaps not. Regardless, I’m fine to let DJ continue to be lead ball handler. It’s a direction. Keep developing, getting picks, and eventually make a trade move. Ironically, cheap Holts would be fine with this in the short term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Spurs have elite defensive guards, Murray and White." "Jakob Poetl is an elite defensive big." The team proceeds to get upon by every guard they come across culminating in the corpse of Reggie Jackson handing us a 4th loss in row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m considering this as a 9-man rotation from our current squad:

DJ
    Devin
    Keldon
    Luka
    Yak

White
    Walker
    Rudy
    Eubanks

We’d need playmaking and outside shooting. We’d still be a lottery team. We’d likely have to sign a free agent to meet salary requirements, though perhaps not. Regardless, I’m fine to let DJ continue to be lead ball handler. It’s a direction. Keep developing, getting picks, and eventually make a trade move. Ironically, cheap Holts would be fine with this in the short term.
    Prolly the best thing they can realistically do going forward, while adding in a draft pick to take Gay's spot while adding in Mills who the Spurs will overpay to keep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did Luka play 3 mins?
    Did he make a bone headed play?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prolly the best thing they can realistically do going forward, while adding in a draft pick to take Gay's spot while adding in Mills who the Spurs will overpay to keep.
    I prefer Rudy over Patty due to positional need. And maybe Tre plays more for playmaking. But yeah something like this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are exactly where we want to be...compe ively losing. We need to lose as many games as possible so we can increase our odds of a good lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are exactly where we want to be...compe ively losing. We need to lose as many games as possible so we can increase our odds of a good lottery pick.
    Agreed, but they need to play the youngins along the way. There's no reason they should've held on to DePression/Gay/Mills, albeit we all know Mills is off limits to Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oof the state of this team in just a weeks time . Time to embrace the lottery again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers basically gifted us the win by sitting all of their guys, but Spurs were to classy to accept it
    Gotta' do right by the other team. It wouldn't be fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another team (Kings) reaches 20 wins

#11thSeedHereWeCome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly should we really be upset tho? Of course I want the spurs to succeed but it’s obvious we’re still a lottery team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly should we really be upset tho? Of course I want the spurs to succeed but it’s obvious we’re still a lottery team
    I have accepted the Spurs are going to be bad for a while but the conflict is Pop believes this team can still be compe ive by playing veterans at the expense of young guys when in reality they are still going to lose and miss the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worst part is that even if we do tank the best we will get this late in the game is the 8th pick. Another Devin Vassell ain’t gonna do for us. We need to luck out out in both free agency AND the draft at this point. Like Collins and a top 4 pick. Plus trade White for Bogdon in the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another team (Kings) reaches 20 wins

#11thSeedHereWeCome

Didn't realize the Kings were that close. If they manage to take both games from the Spurs the Spurs will miss the play-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs did nothing to improve their team and managed to look even worse now. I don’t think the team even needs to try that hard to tank lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't realize the Kings were that close. If they manage to take both games from the Spurs the Spurs will miss the play-in.
    Yep that is why it is frustrating Spurs reverted back to pre-bubble level of play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without a good backup Center we all but guaranteed a lottery pick just pray those bouncing balls land us another first round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he also looked amazing in that playoff series against the nuggets a couple years back. his flashes last for multiple games at a time, then he just vanishes
    He was absolutely horrid by the end of that series, too. Let's not forget he was a deer in headlights in Game 7 and got benched for Forbes, who at least showed heart in that game. When he's bad, he's really, really bad...and then he has flashes of a jack of all trades player. Rinse, wash, repeat. So frustrating he can't put it together entering his 27th year of age.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good reminder that his presence is overvalued. You can’t build around him. I’m fine with letting him go and let Devin get those minutes. In the longterm, on average, we’d probably do about the same when you consider DDR’s long awful spells.
    Ya his lack of D is frustrating.. he seems lost and always off balance on that side of the ball but on offence he looks smoothe as fuk.

If spurs resign him, surely they taking this into account on deciding his value.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not one for defending Derozan, or anyone who gets more than 15 minutes a night at this point, but let me just say that it's probably difficult to win with guys who don't know how to run a 3-man fast break on pure instinct. Have you guys noticed how often we up a 3-on-1 fast break? It's insane.

These guys literally need to practice.

I'm talkin' bout practice.

Thread Information