Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this has been my concern all season. Not sure how the team can get an infusion of "cash rich" ownership without losing some integrity in the process.
    Oh , yeah. Didn't like a hedge fund or something buy into the team? Selling basketball assets to turn into cash is exactly the kind of that hedge funds do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a great look, to be sure.
    Reminds me of the time the Spurs traded an injured Tiago Splitter to the Hawks to make way for LaMarcus Aldridge. Well, the Spurs are not the Spurs of Tim, Tony, Manu & RCB anymore.. thats for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of the time the Spurs traded an injured Tiago Splitter to the Hawks to make way for LaMarcus Aldridge. Well, the Spurs are not the Spurs of Tim, Tony, Manu & RCB anymore.. thats for sure.
    What? No. This is very different. The Splitter trade was 100-percent justified. Heck, in retrospect, it would've been a great trade even if the Spurs hadn't signed LMA. It was a basketball trade. The goal was to make the team better. This, this is bad. Like there are dead canaries everywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So will we buy him out or hold on to him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? No. This is very different. The Splitter trade was 100-percent justified. Heck, in retrospect, it would've been a great trade even if the Spurs hadn't signed LMA. It was a basketball trade. The goal was to make the team better. This, this is bad. Like there are dead canaries everywhere.
    I agree. I meant to say that the Spurs are doing what the Hawks were doing then. If Bud was doing Pop a favor, its now Pop doing good for Kerr.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO taking it from the entire league

Poverty front office are bankrupting the Holts. I knew it was bad when FSSW said last night that they still had tickets available for tonight’s game. Can’t even sell out a Kawhi “revenge” game at limited ing capacity. Good lord. Didn’t think it was cash considerations bad...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So will we buy him out or hold on to him?

Spurs have no interest in his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs been dealing like a small market hovel for years now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the wants to go sit inside a stadium with a mask on?

Its a year of the pandemic and COVID, give ownership a break until there's a pattern of this at least. Maybe GS called and asked them to do a favor or something.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh , yeah. Didn't like a hedge fund or something buy into the team? Selling basketball assets to turn into cash is exactly the kind of that hedge funds do.
    Good point. We give Mark Cuban all the time but at least he's spending money to make his team better on the court. Spurs future is looking very grim without any reliable ownership or franchise player to lean on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The billionaires on the whole, and those who own businesses in logistics and fast food and the like got richer. Those like Tillman whose money is in hospitality lost their shirts. You're right that construction probably didn't take that big of a hit. But I'm not sure if the pandemic helped it on the whole.
    Road construction did well. Quicker progress due to less competing existing traffic was the main reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSW just used us as dead hooker storage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep framing this as a "favor"? That's not what it was. It was a transaction. The Spurs sold salary space they could've used for other players for a small bit of money that goes straight into the owners' pockets. They sold a basketball asset for a personal asset. Sure, we can wait until it becomes a pattern, but what if it's ALREADY a pattern, and we just haven't seen it until now? What if SA has been bypassing trades for a while now trying to save money? What if they didn't trade Aldridge because the owners valued getting his buyout over getting folks who could actually play for the team? We could easily see the Spurs passing up both on signing guys and on taking back bad money for picks because the owners want to save as much money as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep framing this as a "favor"? That's not what it was. It was a transaction. The Spurs sold salary space they could've used for other players for a small bit of money that goes straight into the owners' pockets. They sold a basketball asset for a personal asset. Sure, we can wait until it becomes a pattern, but what if it's ALREADY a pattern, and we just haven't seen it until now? What if SA has been bypassing trades for a while now trying to save money? What if they didn't trade Aldridge because the owners valued getting his buyout over getting folks who could actually play for the team? We could easily see the Spurs passing up both on signing guys and on taking back bad money for picks because the owners want to save as much money as possible.
    We might be getting close to "old lady Greta publicly ranting about how bad the FO is" territory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really expect much from people who don't know how a business operates?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really expect much from people who don't know how a business operates?
    Enlighten us, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder how much cash the Spurs received?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me put it this way: I am more disappointed in this trade than I was in the Miluntinov pick, and blood vessels in my eyes still burst whenever I think about that draft. Not to be dramatic, but this is the kind of thing that might actually affect my enjoyment of the team for the rest of the season. It's that bad, and that scary for what it could mean for the team going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure wasn't trolling with my comments. I don't think the Spurs will be in SA by the end of the decade.
    good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enlighten us, got.
    Not worth explaining to failures like yourself whose greatest achievement in life is this forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's NBA accounting for you. The rich pay less taxes, the poor get screwed slowly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me but it this way: I am more disappointed in this trade than I was in the Miluntinov pick, and blood vessels in my eyes still burst whenever I think about that draft.
    You should jump in on that bet with ATL Spur. He still thinks Milutinov is coming over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably a move for next year as he is out for this season. But still not a bad get, he's only 23, and was finally starting to turn a corner last year with the Warriors. He'll never be all-start but has the potential to be a solid bench player.
    No. He’s a jerk. GS would have sent the cash for us to cut him and pay off his contract. He has no role or future here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Las Vegas Spurs back on the menu boys! Woo!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me put it this way: I am more disappointed in this trade than I was in the Miluntinov pick, and blood vessels in my eyes still burst whenever I think about that draft. Not to be dramatic, but this is the kind of thing that might actually affect my enjoyment of the team for the rest of the season. It's that bad, and that scary for what it could mean for the team going forward.
    It’s a nothing burger. We have a roster spot. GS needs to shed ANY salary. They send us the cash to pay him off, we cut him, and that’s it. Nothing to have a meltdown about.

Thread Information