Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for this info. Any chance they wanted to just get a look at Chris? Any chance they like him? I doubt it but who knows. He’s an athletic big and the team needs prospects... otherwise this whole thing doesn’t make sense to me...
    I'm not sure how much they can glean from Chriss looking like this at the moment tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

Pop covering for ownership. This is a for profit move. Might fool the gullible morons on reddit and twitter tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a terrible FO wouldn't have anything to do with this move. This would be a move initiated by ownership.
    and MJ is a terrible owner. Regardless of how you spin it what SA did is what bad teams have done in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

OMG, sounds like the Spurs can't waive him. The source was right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exhale, my dude. Let out all the stank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Undeniably a profit motive now, if insurance covers his contract when he’s injured and won’t be waived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I can't come up with a positive angle other than the ownership made money. It's not even like the Spurs could have profited so much money in this trade that they could use that extra money to sign a player. The only thing restricting them is their room below the luxury tax ... and, no matter how you slice it, they have less room under the luxury tax after this trade.

For the sake of the fans, hopefully there's a domino we don't quite see yet like Aldridge giving back more than expected ... but even that doesn't really alter the match of this trade
    Aldridge left out more tHan I would have expected. Does that change your analysis here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are going to be in the Minn and Sacramento area pretty soon. I expected it after Duncan retired but was spoiled we had Kawhi. But now it’s official, our front office is now bottom 5 in the WC and that is where we are going to sit unless we luck out and get our Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

so can we even sign anybody off the buy out market?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a premature reaction but why would Pop talk to Kerr about a player the Spurs would insta-waive? That doesn't make any sense. If the Spurs have to keep Chriss around to cash the insurance check, that's a bad, bad joke, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone check on my boy Chinook, he might be blind by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are going to be in the Minn and Sacramento area pretty soon. I expected it after Duncan retired but was spoiled we had Kawhi. But now it’s official, our front office is now bottom 5 in the WC and that is where we are going to sit unless we luck out and get our Luka
    Bottom 3 tbh. Only teams worse at this point are the two you mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone check on my boy Chinook, he might be blind by now.
    RIP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for this info. Any chance they wanted to just get a look at Chris? Any chance they like him? I doubt it but who knows. He’s an athletic big and the team needs prospects... otherwise this whole thing doesn’t make sense to me...
    No. He's been easily available for a long time. This is only money related.

Aldridge left out more tHan I would have expected. Does that change your analysis here?
    $7.2 million changed it. $2.7 million? Eh, not really. $2.7 million and stuck with Chriss the rest of the season? Makes the deal even worse, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He's been easily available for a long time. This is only money related.

$7.2 million changed it. $2.7 million? Eh, not really. $2.7 million and stuck with Chriss the rest of the season? Makes the deal even worse, tbh.
    I saw your Marquese Chris article was removed from Spurs Reddit but the Trey Lyles almost-trade wasn’t, are they trying to suppress any info regarding the move being a money grab?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw your Marquese Chris article was removed from Spurs Reddit, are they trying to suppress any info regarding the move being a money grab?
    I don't go on Spurs Reddit; wouldn't know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just looks like propaganda at this point. Pop can barely keep a straight face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is he blinking in Morse code?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how much they can glean from Chriss looking like this at the moment tbh
    Yeah.. I didn’t know about him being a FA in the summer... thought maybe they’d get bird rights or something... thanks for the colorful picture though some guys have forgotten the sense of humor this place used to make more jokes and I missed that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"It was a money trade" Cool so far

"We just need to get him healthy and see what happens" OMG, they really traded for insurance money, didn't they

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "It was a money trade" Cool so far

"We just need to get him healthy and see what happens" OMG, they really traded for insurance money, didn't they

Yes they did and that's official with what pop said

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw your Marquese Chris article was removed from Spurs Reddit but the Trey Lyles almost-trade wasn’t, are they trying to suppress any info regarding the move being a money grab?
    Spurs reddit is an echo chamber of the most diehard optimists. The mods there won't allow you to criticize the players, coaches, front office, or ownership. Ironically, they whine about Spurstalk being a hole that needs better mods when they're the ones censoring information to push a narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs reddit is an echo chamber of the most diehard optimists. The mods there won't allow you to criticize the players, coaches, front office, or ownership. Ironically, they whine about Spurstalk being a hole that needs better mods when they're the ones censoring information to push a narrative.
    Yeah I don’t use Spurs Reddit at all, I hate that place. Too much of a “Spurs can do no wrong” at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Pop admitting it was a money transaction. You know what’s bad? That this is the money transaction, not trading some over the hill vets before the wheels came off the radiator busted and the engine blew up. Compared to those other lack of moves, this seems like a pea in the pod.

Thread Information