Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More I think about it should be natural for Spurs fans to berooting for New Jersey at this point. Firstly, Spurs have history with them as fellow ABA member and they did the honors on ring #2.

Current Spurs alums:
    GM - Sean Marks
    Coaches - Tiago Splitter, Ime Udoka, Jacque Vaughn

Their uniforms are homages (rip-offs?) To the Spurs silver and black.

Most importantly they should accomplish what matters most and that's to keep LA from winning a championship. The fact that Jersey has three top 10 players, Joe Harris, and the Griffen, Aldridge former franchise guys will not catapult any of these guys legacy. They'll be remembered the same as the Durant Warrirors teams - a ho-hum ring. But it will be good for a new fan base to get a le and especially in NYC area for the 1st time in 50 years.

Once the Gregg-Derozan 2021 campaign ends in late May, we can switch our vote to the lesser evil up in the Northeast.
    If they ring, then 1) The Clippers Don't 2) The Lakers Don't and 3) The Knicks look even more pathetic in their own backyard. All good. Also, those 3 assisant coaces (Ime, Tiago and Jacque) are good guys. So I'd be fine with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really wanted value for LA at the deadline, all they would’ve had to do was dump the ball into the post and let him go to work a.k.a. showcasing him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they ring, then 1) The Clippers Don't 2) The Lakers Don't and 3) The Knicks look even more pathetic in their own backyard. All good. Also, those 3 assisant coaces (Ime, Tiago and Jacque) are good guys. So I'd be fine with it.
    Excellent points...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Common sense points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA's time in SAS was wasted and I blame Pop. His coming to the franchise should/could have been the catalyst for drawing interest from other potential stars in destination signing but I believe that was a bust. I didn't really enjoy LMA's time here as a whole but I hope he wins in Brooklyn

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really wanted value for LA at the deadline, all they would’ve had to do was dump the ball into the post and let him go to work a.k.a. showcasing him
    In retrospect, it’s a good point. I’m trying to remember what was happening at that time… I guess we were actually winning and didn’t want to screw that up by playing him? Also, they we’re probably afraid to play him and have him look worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect, it’s a good point. I’m trying to remember what was happening at that time… I guess we were actually winning and didn’t want to screw that up by playing him? Also, they we’re probably afraid to play him and have him look worse.
    He was getting run off the floor defensively every moment he was on the floor and the team had no time to set aside for 15 seconds of Aldridge post ups when at times his legs looked so shot he couldn’t even back down guards on the low block

I don’t doubt he was out of shape and dogging it to some degree but he definitely benefitted from the time off to get himself in actual condition to play nba games. Kinda sad for a 15 year vet in a contract year with no plans to retire but that’s Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can absolutely hate nephew and Jax, but objectively speaking, both of those guys also did way, way more for this franchise than LMA ever has. They were both integral parts of championship teams and part of the reason Seattle will have some banners up there after the move.

LMA brought his loser at ude with him, and failed to ride both Duncan and Nephew to a le. Malik Rose did more for this franchise's legacy than this loser, tbh, at 1/4 of the talent and price...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can absolutely hate nephew and Jax, but objectively speaking, both of those guys also did way, way more for this franchise than LMA ever has. They were both integral parts of championship teams and part of the reason Seattle will have some banners up there after the move.

LMA brought his loser at ude with him, and failed to ride both Duncan and Nephew to a le. Malik Rose did more for this franchise's legacy than this loser, tbh, at 1/4 of the talent and price...
    Remind me again when he was put in position to do what they did? They were role players on teams that were clearly championship material (not really in '03, but Duncan singlehandedly made them so). He was a star on one team that was kind of, sort of championship material, then mostly carried them through a transitional period.

His "loser at ude" has amounted to his teams basically maxing out or exceeding expectations virtually his entire career. Unfortunately for him, he hasn't lived the charmed existence in this league that S bag's affluenza ass has.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi choked in '16 and then Zaza took him out in '17 so LMA never got the chance to ride Kawhi. Can't compare LMA to Jax. Jax was a good role player that benefited from playing with peak Duncan in '03. Prime Jax would have lead the Spurs to multiple lottery appearances if he switched places with LMA from '17-'19. You are trying hard to justify your hate for LMA but it's ok to just admit that you just hate him without any logical reasoning.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was getting run off the floor defensively every moment he was on the floor and the team had no time to set aside for 15 seconds of Aldridge post ups when at times his legs looked so shot he couldn’t even back down guards on the low block

I don’t doubt he was out of shape and dogging it to some degree but he definitely benefitted from the time off to get himself in actual condition to play nba games. Kinda sad for a 15 year vet in a contract year with no plans to retire but that’s Aldridge.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remind me again when he was put in position to do what they did? They were role players on teams that were clearly championship material (not really in '03, but Duncan singlehandedly made them so). He was a star on one team that was kind of, sort of championship material, then mostly carried them through a transitional period.
    His "loser at ude" has amounted to his teams basically maxing out or exceeding expectations virtually his entire career. Unfortunately for him, he hasn't lived the charmed existence in this league that S bag's affluenza ass has.
    Kawhi choked in '16 and then Zaza took him out in '17 so LMA never got the chance to ride Kawhi. Can't compare LMA to Jax. Jax was a good role player that benefited from playing with peak Duncan in '03. Prime Jax would have lead the Spurs to multiple lottery appearances if he switched places with LMA from '17-'19. You are trying hard to justify your hate for LMA but it's ok to just admit that you just hate him without any logical reasoning.
    This is bull , he had Kawhi before the injuries and TD at the tail end but coming from back to back finals, all he had to do was get out of the way. What do you mean he wasn't put in position to win a ring?

Instead he started ing about "muh touches", what his role was, how he'd like to go back to Portland. It's not like he even left money on the table for the team to improve. Kawhi dragged ing Kyle Lowry and a very modest Toronto team to a championship the very next year he left.

Even in Portland, have you seen him ever pissed off about losing a game? TD, who was the ultimate chill guy and well past his prime, rolled out his big in '14 and said straight to the camera "we're getting it this year", and we did. LMA doesn't care.

So Zaza took out Kawhi, ok, and where was LMA? Where was that guy that elevates his game when a teammate goes down? Did we even put up a fight in that series once Kawhi went down? We looked like the Bobcats. LMA curled in fetal position and started booking his vacation.

Heck, that same playoffs, if Manu doesn't bail his sorry ass against the Rockets with that block on Harden after Kawhi went down, I don't even know if we're even talking about Zaza.

What's even worse is the Spurs waited until he was 35 years old to let him go chase a ring instead of ejecting him while he still had some trade value. He's the big man version of Carmelo Anthony, tbh, supremely talented but absolutely loser at ude. All about himself.

And this is not even revisionist history, I'm basically repeating what I said back when we signed him. I've been calling him Carmelo Aldrige since those days, it absolutely sucks I was completely correct about this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is bull , he had Kawhi before the injuries and TD at the tail end but coming from back to back finals, all he had to do was get out of the way. What do you mean he wasn't put in position to win a ring?

Instead he started ing about "muh touches", what his role was, how he'd like to go back to Portland. It's not like he even left money on the table for the team to improve. Kawhi dragged ing Kyle Lowry and a very modest Toronto team to a championship the very next year he left.

Even in Portland, have you seen him ever pissed off about losing a game? TD, who was the ultimate chill guy and well past his prime, rolled out his big in '14 and said straight to the camera "we're getting it this year", and we did. LMA doesn't care.

So Zaza took out Kawhi, ok, and where was LMA? Where was that guy that elevates his game when a teammate goes down? Did we even put up a fight in that series once Kawhi went down? We looked like the Bobcats. LMA curled in fetal position and started booking his vacation.

Heck, that same playoffs, if Manu doesn't bail his sorry ass against the Rockets with that block on Harden after Kawhi went down, I don't even know if we're even talking about Zaza.

What's even worse is the Spurs waited until he was 35 years old to let him go chase a ring instead of ejecting him while he still had some trade value. He's the big man version of Carmelo Anthony, tbh, supremely talented but absolutely loser at ude. All about himself.

And this is not even revisionist history, I'm basically repeating what I said back when we signed him. I've been calling him Carmelo Aldrige since those days, it absolutely sucks I was completely correct about this guy.
    Jesus christ I've never read so much truth in my life.

It's so nice to see someone who actually has a memory of events, big events too.

This guy was a diva and quitter...there's no rose colored glasses with him.

The way he quit when Zaza happened was so God damn pathetic for a player earning that sort of money.

And also 'ma touches' was what should have got that b1tch sent packing by our FO....

Then again, put himself over the team when he was too garbage to play as a starter...
    Didn't work harder to fix it, just pouted and quit on us all like an absolute little

The way he now ran to get carried to the easiest ring possible just sums up everything this en led, weak is

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LMA brought his loser at ude with him, and failed to ride both Duncan and Nephew to a le. Malik Rose did more for this franchise's legacy than this loser, tbh, at 1/4 of the talent and price..
    1This is bull , he had Kawhi before the injuries and TD at the tail end but coming from back to back finals, all he had to do was get out of the way. What do you mean he wasn't put in position to win a ring?

2Instead he started ing about "muh touches", what his role was, how he'd like to go back to Portland. It's not like he even left money on the table for the team to improve. Kawhi dragged ing Kyle Lowry and a very modest Toronto team to a championship the very next year he left.

3.So Zaza took out Kawhi, ok, and where was LMA? Where was that guy that elevates his game when a teammate goes down? Did we even put up a fight in that series once Kawhi went down? We looked like the Bobcats. LMA curled in fetal position and started booking his vacation.

4. Heck, that same playoffs, if Manu doesn't bail his sorry ass against the Rockets with that block on Harden after Kawhi went down, I don't even know if we're even talking about Zaza.

5. What's even worse is the Spurs waited until he was 35 years old to let him go chase a ring instead of ejecting him while he still had some trade value. He's the big man version of Carmelo Anthony, tbh, supremely talented but absolutely loser at ude. All about himself.

Your original post said LMA could have rode Duncan and Kawhi to a le. When I countered by saying Kawhi choked in '16 and he wasn't available in '17 due to Zaza you went into deflection mode and spewed your hatred for LMA. Your second post makes no sense since it goes away from the original argument. I'm still going to address your idiocy in the second post.

1. He did get out of the way. His scoring dropped drastically during his two year stretch playing with Kawhi. TD also became a cripple during the playoffs. Kawhi could have easily won the Thunder series for the Spurs but he disappeared in 3 games during that series which all resulted in losses. The most telling game was game 6 where both LMA and TD had good games but Kawhi was complete garbage. If Kawhi shows up in that game then the Spurs would have gotten a game 7 and won the series.

2. Like I said before his scoring went down in SA during his 2 years with Kawhi. You can say he ed about his touches but he was a team player and could have pulled a Kobe and decided to get his touches anyways but he didn't. He could have easily rebelled and caused dysfunction in the locker room but he didn't. You have to grow up and accept that 99 percent NBA players that are all-star caliber don't want to sacrifice their scoring. Not even the Warriors when they had their big 3 of Klay-Curry-Durant were willing to sacrifice scoring hence why Kerr played them in garbage time to get their stats. TD,Manu,Tony were the exceptions to the rule. That's never ever going to happen again. Pop also lied to him that he would be a 20 point scorer when recruiting him. So a lot of it is on Pop for not being truthful. It could have saved us the drama since LMA would have then not signed with the Spurs.

3. I don't care that he quit in that series. There was no chance of winning that series once Kawhi was out and you know it. It happens to even the greats from time to time that they check out of a series that they feel is not winnable. How many times did we see Lebron quit a series? It happened a few times early on when he was with the Cavs during his first stint and then he had that embarrassing moment in '11 where he quit against the Mavs. Duncan also had his moment of giving up when he did quit against the Lakers after going down 0-2 in '01. Duncan didn't show up the next two games in LA and was broken. Also I'm not saying he's on the same levels as Lebron,Duncan just to clarify that up with you.

4. Manu was instrumental in winning game 5 but the Spurs don't win game 6 without Lamarcus 34 points on 61 percent shooting and his 12 rebound. If the Spurs lose game 6 they probably lose the series. Manu was also dog in that game 6 getting only 2 points on 20 percent shooting. Like always you have Manu's up your mouth.

5. Confirming that you hated LMA from day 1 and were determined to hate LMA no matter what. I actually give spur fans a pass for hating him if they hated him because he came into camp out of shape which I did believe was unprofessional but your reasons having nothing to do with it. You are the equivalent of that idiotic racist that tries to find reasons to justify his racism. With that being said I do believe the Spurs should have traded him 2 years ago while his value was still high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW he started today and got toweled up by the ing Bulls hahah

-12 and 3 rebounds plus the L

3 rebounds for a centre who can't even shoot the 3 ball much or do anything athletic really

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3. I don't care that he quit in that series. There was no chance of winning that series once Kawhi was out and you know it. It happens to even the greats from time to time that they check out of a series that they feel is not winnable. How many times did we see Lebron quit a series? It happened a few times early on when he was with the Cavs during his first stint and then he had that embarrassing moment in '11 where he quit against the Mavs. Duncan also had his moment of giving up when he did quit against the Lakers after going down 0-2 in '01. Duncan didn't show up the next two games in LA and was broken. Also I'm not saying he's on the same levels as Lebron,Duncan just to clarify that up with you.
    I don't disagree with this at all, but I just want to stick up for TD a little bit here. Tim did everything he could do to win games 1 and 2 for the Spurs in the '01 series, but the Spurs just fell short. It was such a tall task missing Derek Anderson who was either the Spurs 2nd or 3rd best player that whole year (I don't know if you guys considered him the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team? I am also not sure how limited he was coming back from the separated shoulder as I didn't have access to watch the games, just followed them online live and live chat info from people watching). Anyway, The Lakers confidence would have been sky high going home after taking two in SA in what was billed as one of the biggest series ever before game 1 started, so I don't blame Tim for packing it in at that point. He had a pretty darn good game 1 and 2, and really didn't have a lot of help offensively that whole series. I think it was a little different there.

Going to the '17 series, LMA didn't play well in any of the Spurs' games in the Warriors series. Maybe because the series started on the road, it was harder for him to get going, but I at least expected huge games from him at home. IMO Manu tried hardest on the team to win a game for the Spurs. LMA was the best equipped to do so, though, but he was unable to get anything going/done in that Warriors series. I don't blame him for checking out after Kawhi went out, but I wonder if he could have given much better effort throughout that series to at least win a single game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He had one complete playoff run with S bag, who underwhelmed during it, then quit during the following one because of a routine ankle injury. Duncan was unfortunately finished the season he arrived.

S bag rested 95 games over 2 seasons, then unwittingly ended up on an iteration of a team that became the league's most complete (top 15 regular season player, tons of 3 and D, secondary creation, size, athleticism, experience, continuity and unmatched urgency given that they knew they had one chance with him) and would have never formed had he not intentionally tanked his value, then had the best team in the league become decimated by injury in the Finals.

Judging his give a level by outward emotion and thinking he had any chance against an unfair team, who with the rules of this era could essentially zone him before he caught the ball, play off of various non shooters and take advantage of the closest thing to a reliable creator being a pushing 40 year old.

He was obviously terrible during '16-'17, but had a heart ailment that prevented him from being in tip top shape entering it, which the genius president/coach neglected to mention until after the season, while his reputation nationally took a beating that it never recovered from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know everyone and their mother ed that he slowed the game down and was the reason we were getting outscored because he was getting beat on the perimeter.

The reality is we've been getting housed without him. The lane is almost always wide open. He clearly lost a step on perimeter D but was still a very real presence inside. And his primary responsibility isn't perimeter defense anyway.

This has been therapeutic for me to see all these LMA haters having their pushed in because everything they said was going to happen has not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great post tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some pretty good takes from different perspectives and angles when you're not looking at it from a biased point of view. I mean, I've probably been too harsh on him myself. It's good to read these takes/perspectives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your original post said LMA could have rode Duncan and Kawhi to a le. When I countered by saying Kawhi choked in '16 and he wasn't available in '17 due to Zaza you went into deflection mode and spewed your hatred for LMA. Your second post makes no sense since it goes away from the original argument. I'm still going to address your idiocy in the second post.
    Well, guess what? We're not talking Kawhi, we're talking LMA, so if there's somebody that's been deflecting from the get go is you not me.

1. He did get out of the way. His scoring dropped drastically during his two year stretch playing with Kawhi. TD also became a cripple during the playoffs. Kawhi could have easily won the Thunder series for the Spurs but he disappeared in 3 games during that series which all resulted in losses. The most telling game was game 6 where both LMA and TD had good games but Kawhi was complete garbage. If Kawhi shows up in that game then the Spurs would have gotten a game 7 and won the series.
    No he didn't get out of the way. He took the most shots for that entire series. He was full on 4 more 2PA than the second guy (nephew) for the entire playoff run. I dare you go look it up and tell me I'm wrong. Don't give me revisionist history.

And back to deflecting to nephew and giving this guy a pass. This guy was the big addition in the offseason that was going to put us over the top. I get that nephew was made, but that doesn't mean giving this loser a pass.

2. Like I said before his scoring went down in SA during his 2 years with Kawhi. You can say he ed about his touches but he was a team player and could have pulled a Kobe and decided to get his touches anyways but he didn't. He could have easily rebelled and caused dysfunction in the locker room but he didn't. You have to grow up and accept that 99 percent NBA players that are all-star caliber don't want to sacrifice their scoring. Not even the Warriors when they had their big 3 of Klay-Curry-Durant were willing to sacrifice scoring hence why Kerr played them in garbage time to get their stats. TD,Manu,Tony were the exceptions to the rule. That's never ever going to happen again. Pop also lied to him that he would be a 20 point scorer when recruiting him. So a lot of it is on Pop for not being truthful. It could have saved us the drama since LMA would have then not signed with the Spurs.
    Go look up the 15-16 playoffs. He took the most ing shots in the playoffs by a mile. More than nephew, more than Duncan.

I get that a lot of players are prima-donnas, LMA included. But that's exactly why this loser now has to go beg/chase for a ring elsewhere. And I have every right to point it out.

It wouldn't been nice to show some fight, and at least that you care. I get that he was never in the mold of the big 3. Which is exactly why this team stuck too long with this loser.

4. Manu was instrumental in winning game 5 but the Spurs don't win game 6 without Lamarcus 34 points on 61 percent shooting and his 12 rebound. If the Spurs lose game 6 they probably lose the series. Manu was also dog in that game 6 getting only 2 points on 20 percent shooting. Like always you have Manu's up your mouth.
    We can all play that game. If the Spurs lose that game 5 at home they probably lose the series as well. See how easy it is? Now you're trying to deflect to Manu, and I'm not going to bite. The point is that this guy had to be constantly bailed out or carried, because he never owned the role he was supposed to have.

I see the constant ing and deflection about Zaza (some of it is fair), but I want to make sure people don't forget that LMA was ready to fold in the previous series as well.

5. Confirming that you hated LMA from day 1 and were determined to hate LMA no matter what. I actually give spur fans a pass for hating him if they hated him because he came into camp out of shape which I did believe was unprofessional but your reasons having nothing to do with it. You are the equivalent of that idiotic racist that tries to find reasons to justify his racism. With that being said I do believe the Spurs should have traded him 2 years ago while his value was still high.
    Sorry, got spoiled with the big 3, actual winners that understood what was to sacrifice to win, and made sure you knew they were going to fight for it.

You keep deflecting to racism and what not (I have a few posts here in case you didn't notice, people know who I am), what you can't spin is this loser came and went just like we thought he would: empty handed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree with this at all, but I just want to stick up for TD a little bit here. Tim did everything he could do to win games 1 and 2 for the Spurs in the '01 series, but the Spurs just fell short. It was such a tall task missing Derek Anderson who was either the Spurs 2nd or 3rd best player that whole year (I don't know if you guys considered him the 2nd or 3rd best player on the team? I am also not sure how limited he was coming back from the separated shoulder as I didn't have access to watch the games, just followed them online live and live chat info from people watching). Anyway, The Lakers confidence would have been sky high going home after taking two in SA in what was billed as one of the biggest series ever before game 1 started, so I don't blame Tim for packing it in at that point. He had a pretty darn good game 1 and 2, and really didn't have a lot of help offensively that whole series. I think it was a little different there.

Going to the '17 series, LMA didn't play well in any of the Spurs' games in the Warriors series. Maybe because the series started on the road, it was harder for him to get going, but I at least expected huge games from him at home. IMO Manu tried hardest on the team to win a game for the Spurs. LMA was the best equipped to do so, though, but he was unable to get anything going/done in that Warriors series. I don't blame him for checking out after Kawhi went out, but I wonder if he could have given much better effort throughout that series to at least win a single game.
    1. I remember the series with Lakers really well since I was a senior in hschool. I don't blame Tim for quitting after the first two games since he gave it his all and it still wasn't good enough to beat the Lakers which definitely wasn't his fault since the team didn't have the talent especially with Derek being injured. With that being said I do remember Tim giving up after those first two games because he was complete trash the next two games and it had nothing to do with the Lakers defense. He just checked out which I still don't blame him for. It has to be a mind to give your all the first two games and still lose especially when you have the best playoff game of your career and still lose. Tim learned from that series and became mentally tougher the next year and nearly took out the Lakers in '02. I remember Tim being embarrassed from that series because he did say in the '02 series that he wasn't going to go down this time without a fight.

2. Lamarcus was good the first game against the Warriors. That game was the first time I had seen Kawhi and Lamarcus play good together at the same time in the playoffs. It seemed like they had finally figured out how to play with each other. They were running plays for each other and it kind of reminded me of the synergy Kobe-Shaq had when they played against the Spurs in game 1 in '01. I felt we were heading for the biggest upset of all time up until Zaza took it away from us. Once Zaza took out Kawhi the team quit because they knew the series was over. Also Pop really didn't have any fight in him in that series. Pop's stupid ass didn't even bother to call out Zaza for his cheap shot. I remember him first saying it wasn't a dirty play and then the dip acknowledging it a few days later it was dirty. By then it was too late and I felt Lamarcus and some guys on the team felt why the should we fight hard to win 1 game when our coach isn't fighting hard enough for us. You better believe if Kerr,Riley,Phil jackson was in that situation they wouldn't have let up on Zaza and would have called him out from the beginning along with getting him suspended.

3. Winning 1 game against the Warriors without Kawhi was impossible the way they were set up. This Warriors team only got 1 loss in the whole entire playoffs and it took Lebron and the Cavs a team that is more talented than the Kawhi-less Spurs playing out of their ass to get that game.
    Last edited by daslicer; 04-05-2021 at 12:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had one complete playoff run with S bag, who underwhelmed during it, then quit during the following one because of a routine ankle injury. Duncan was unfortunately finished the season he arrived.
    Yet, he was the big addition. He never embraced it. Here we go putting on Kawhi a responsibility that was largely shared.

I get the hate for S bag, but that shouldn't give this guy a pass. Agree about Duncan though, wheels fell off, but he did put a valiant effort.

S bag rested 95 games over 2 seasons, then unwittingly ended up on an iteration of a team that became the league's most complete (top 15 regular season player, tons of 3 and D, secondary creation, size, athleticism, experience, continuity and unmatched urgency given that they knew they had one chance with him) and would have never formed had he not intentionally tanked his value, then had the best team in the league become decimated by injury in the Finals.
    You mean the team that never won anything before or or since he left? That team?

Look I don't like nephew anymore than you do, but pretending that he wasn't integral to two championship runs is just being silly, tbh.

Judging his give a level by outward emotion and thinking he had any chance against an unfair team, who with the rules of this era could essentially zone him before he caught the ball, play off of various non shooters and take advantage of the closest thing to a reliable creator being a pushing 40 year old.
    I agree with you about being the wrong guy at the wrong time. I don't know what Pop was thinking building big when the whole league was going small, and I'm not pinning that on LMA.

He was obviously terrible during '16-'17, but had a heart ailment that prevented him from being in tip top shape entering it, which the genius president/coach neglected to mention until after the season, while his reputation nationally took a beating that it never recovered from.
    There's another discussion to be had on why we kept him for as long as we did, that's not on him. Don't want to be told I'm deflecting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

, TD battled on a bum knee to the bitter end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know everyone and their mother ed that he slowed the game down and was the reason we were getting outscored because he was getting beat on the perimeter.

The reality is we've been getting housed without him. The lane is almost always wide open. He clearly lost a step on perimeter D but was still a very real presence inside. And his primary responsibility isn't perimeter defense anyway.

This has been therapeutic for me to see all these LMA haters having their pushed in because everything they said was going to happen has not.
    Lma is a little and quit on us...why are you being such a cuck?

He quit on you too...yet here you are sucking his .

Stfu

Thread Information