My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Aldridge is old and softer than ever. Making Drummond look like prime Shaq

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you guys mad?

He wants a ring, and let's be real it's not happening anytime soon in San Antonio

"tRaItOr"

STFU you would have done the same thing

smh
    Spoken like a cuck with no integrity.

You always take the easy path and quit in life?

Pathetic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaSharkus quit on the Spurs, multiple times. How is this even debatable?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaSharkus quit on the Spurs, multiple times. How is this even debatable?
    ok, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder signing Deck to a multi-year deal is basically what I was wanting the Spurs to do with some of the huge savings they got from Aldridge's buyout. I wasn't hoping for Deck specifically, but that kind of sideways thinking is what I really want SA to use to fill that 15th spot. I don't know who'd be available, but I imagine there are some decent candidates out there.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is the right place for this stat, but I never realized that LMA has the second-lowest individual career TOV% in NBA history, behind Ryan Anderson. I would have guessed that all the leaders would be spot-up shooters, but the top 20 includes LMA, Al Jefferson, Dirk, and AD.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ct_career.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoken like a cuck with no integrity.

You always take the easy path and quit in life?

Pathetic
    Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Thunder signing Deck to a multi-year deal is basically what I was wanting the Spurs to do with some of the huge savings they got from Aldridge's buyout. I wasn't hoping for Deck specifically, but that kind of sideways thinking is what I really want SA to use to fill that 15th spot. I don't know who'd be available, but I imagine there are some decent candidates out there.
    One of the main reasons OKC signed Deck was to cross the salary floor threshold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs make a signing for a 15th man that gives them less flexibility this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs make a signing for a 15th man that gives them less flexibility this summer?
    Why would the Spurs spend some of their 2020 salary space to reduce the amount of 2021 salary space they'd have to pay for a player? It's actually pretty obvious. This isn't the NFL -- free space doesn't roll over. Obviously, the Spurs shouldn't sign guys they don't want for the of it. But they definitely should be looking to target international players who have a chance to be in the rotation next season by using their relatively rare salary space at this time of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the main reasons OKC signed Deck was to cross the salary floor threshold.
    Eh, if you don't cross, you just have to cut checks to the guys already on the team in order to reach the floor. It's not actually a big deal not to reach it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if some Thunder players got pissed off when the team signed Deck, which effectively denied those players extra money. The same used to happen with the Process Sixers iirc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To whichever mod deleted my thread, go yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is the right place for this stat, but I never realized that LMA has the second-lowest individual career TOV% in NBA history, behind Ryan Anderson. I would have guessed that all the leaders would be spot-up shooters, but the top 20 includes LMA, Al Jefferson, Dirk, and AD.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ct_career.html
    That's an interesting stat. I looked up Tim Duncan on there and he was like 10 slots away from being in last place. Really insane how LMA was arguably the best of all time at not being turnover prone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an interesting stat. I looked up Tim Duncan on there and he was like 10 slots away from being in last place. Really insane how LMA was arguably the best of all time at not being turnover prone.
    They only show the top 250. Search for any point guard and they’re not on the list, which makes it telling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They only show the top 250. Search for any point guard and they’re not on the list, which makes it telling.
    I would say Point Guards are not on there because by default they would have a higher turnover rate due to handling the balling more so than any other position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs spend some of their 2020 salary space to reduce the amount of 2021 salary space they'd have to pay for a player? It's actually pretty obvious. This isn't the NFL -- free space doesn't roll over. Obviously, the Spurs shouldn't sign guys they don't want for the of it. But they definitely should be looking to target international players who have a chance to be in the rotation next season by using their relatively rare salary space at this time of the season.
    But signing a multiyear deal now reduces the amount of space they have this summer? Free space certainly isn't going to roll over but you were talking about a multiyear deal. I assume if they wanted to do that they could have just signed Dieng to a multiyear deal but I think in their eyes the reduced space this summer isn't worth a lower tier rotation player. Now, that may or may not be the case, but as they've put a lot of plans into motion to have maximum flexibility this summer I don't think they're going to change that for a lower tier rotation player (and honestly they shouldn't).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But signing a multiyear deal now reduces the amount of space they have this summer? Free space certainly isn't going to roll over but you were talking about a multiyear deal. I assume if they wanted to do that they could have just signed Dieng to a multiyear deal but I think in their eyes the reduced space this summer isn't worth a lower tier rotation player. Now, that may or may not be the case, but as they've put a lot of plans into motion to have maximum flexibility this summer I don't think they're going to change that for a lower tier rotation player (and honestly they shouldn't).
    If the Spurs cared about maximum flexibility, they would not have extended White. When push comes to shove, there's little functional difference between the $50 Million they are currently slated to have and the $46 Million or so they'd have after this deal. You could easily make the argument that using their buying power now gives them a better shot at international free agents (since most NBA teams don't have the salary space to offer players mid-sized multi-year deals until the off-season) and that using some salary space this year, the team could save on future years. Like they could offer a $22M/4 deal that'd basically be a $21M/3 with a million for a signing bonus. They'd end up saving something like $1.5 Million a year in salary by using space that was going to expire anyway.

I'm not saying there's a player who's worth that and who is also willing/able to come over. I am saying that if such a player exists, the Spurs should strongly consider making a move like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Point Guards are not on there because by default they would have a higher turnover rate due to handling the balling more so than any other position.
    Right, what I was saying is the fact that no PGs are on the list = shows you that Duncan wasn’t near “bottom” of list. He’s still top 250 in lowest career TO percentage.

The Aldridge stat blew me away though - didn’t realize his turnovers were so low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't wish injuries on anyone but... Jamal Murray

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, what I was saying is the fact that no PGs are on the list = shows you that Duncan wasn’t near “bottom” of list. He’s still top 250 in lowest career TO percentage.

The Aldridge stat blew me away though - didn’t realize his turnovers were so low.
    Yes I get what you are saying in him being top 250 in lowest career TO's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't wish injuries on anyone but... Jamal Murray
    Nah. He’s not an asshole like so many top players. Sucks for Denver. There was a time a couple of years ago that the two man lineup of Jokic/Murray+3 was better than the GS death lineup.

When I saw the video,I knew it was an ACL. It was the same, contactless, awkward landing and instant agony that DJ had. Some moron actually asked if he could be back for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did this in clown even thank the fans or anything after he quit on us all and departed? (Legit wondering, I don't follow the )

Thread Information