Get Dieng if Memphis buys him out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj claims 5.8

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A little less but still a lot more than typical, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get Dieng if Memphis buys him out
    Probably going to the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It keeps getting worse

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's enough now to where SA could potentially look to Europe to sign a player for the rest of the season ala Baynes. Isn't there some Greek big folks were talking about a while ago?
    Dinos Mitoglou? He can shoot from the outside meaning he can stretch the floor but he provides nothing else on both ends plus he's slow, not good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aaaaand there's the Sniffvp we all know and love.... Knew it couldn't last long

Inb4 Spurs do nothing with the money lmao
    That'd near break me as a fan, I think. Imagine hearing that SA actually did have offers for picks and expirings for Aldridge, but ownership made PATFO turn them down because they preferred to save money they already knew would come from an Aldridge buyout. In my mind, that would be straight unforgiveable. And even though a scenario like that is unlikely, this is the kind of we have to consider now because of the Chriss trade. A fundamental amount of trust in the Spurs' character was lost because of that trade, and a lot of folks I don't think fully appreciate that and think this is typical "edge-lords vs sniffers" . This would be like being a Republican or Democrat and hearing the White House was nuked -- way beyond the normal ty banter on ST.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true - there's value in having the old guys show the young guys how to completely miss the playoffs the last few years and then ask for a buyout so you ring chase on an actual team
    This must be the Spurs culture that PATFO covets so much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh - guys getting bought out likely aren’t great for rebuilding teams, right?

Losing Ddr + Rudy + Lyles + LMA for nothing is incompetent. I’m sorry.
    Losing Lyles no he's garbage, let 33 yrs old rudy walk after this year no too.
    Aldridge is a different case, could have been traded before, imo they don't have good offer last year but don't forget that he is a 35 yrs old big with a big contract.

Derozan is the only one i agree with you but we'll see that next summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd near break me as a fan, I think. Imagine hearing that SA actually did have offers for picks and expirings for Aldridge, but ownership made PATFO turn them down because they preferred to save money due to an Aldridge buyout. In my mind, that would be straight unforgiveable. And even those that's unlikely, this is the kind of we have to consider now because of the Chriss trade. A fundamental amount of trust in the Spurs' character was lost because of that trade.
    Yeah, I've heard some spin trying to paint this as a typical cap maneuver. But it's not. It's a straight cash grab, tbh. Even the terrible Scola trade was done to legitimately duck under the luxury tax. This trade was done to profit.

It may become a moot point if the Spurs have someone in mind who costs ~$4 million but, otherwise, it's at the very least worrisome going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant believe people still talk about him like he's viable
    People did the same thing with Adam Hanga lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People did the same thing with Adam Hanga lol.
    hanga actually looked like a good player. milutinov does nothing but a bunch of 2 handed gorilla dunks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd near break me as a fan, I think. Imagine hearing that SA actually did have offers for picks and expirings for Aldridge, but ownership made PATFO turn them down because they preferred to save money they already knew would come from an Aldridge buyout. In my mind, that would be straight unforgiveable. And even though a scenario like that is unlikely, this is the kind of we have to consider now because of the Chriss trade. A fundamental amount of trust in the Spurs' character was lost because of that trade, and a lot of folks I don't think fully appreciate that and think this is typical "edge-lords vs sniffers" . This would be like being a Republican or Democrat and hearing the White House was nuked -- way beyond the normal ty banter on ST.
    Do you think there is any possibility the Spurs brought him in because:

A) He’s close to DJ
    B) Can assist with his rehab, sneaky look at him before he is a FA?

Granted it seems unlikely, but is that a hypothetical?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A) He’s close to DJ

Granted it seems unlikely, but is that a possibility?
    I highly doubt it. Chriss has been available for peanuts over the last couple years. If they wanted him, he was a minimum contract or even a 10-day contract away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what happened and that's painting a very vivid picture of this team's future

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hanga actually looked like a good player. milutinov does nothing but a bunch of 2 handed gorilla dunks
    Yeah but even when he was 28, people were still talking like he stood a chance in coming over here instead of being the EuroLeague lifer that he was always destined to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh - guys getting bought out likely aren’t great for rebuilding teams, right?

Losing Ddr + Rudy + Lyles + LMA for nothing is incompetent. I’m sorry.
    Lyles = wasn’t going to get you anything

LMA = clear the market wasn’t there and they had this in their back pocket. This opens up almost the full MLE and keeps them well outside of the tax. Buyout market and international players now become an option.

Rudy = maybe he actually wants to stick around, and has a vets role to play. He’s one of team leaders on a team fighting to make playoffs. Remember Rudy didn’t sniff playoffs until arriving in SA. He could even sign a team friendly deal in offseason. Even if he goes for nothing, he’s a good vet to have around.

Demar = you assume he’s walking. I think he will, but will also open up S&T possibilities for Spurs. He’s not going to go to a team just because they have cap space at this point in his career. He’s going to want to go to a team that is compe ive, and that almost certainly means they won’t have $20mm+ of space to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A) He’s close to DJ

Granted it seems unlikely, but is that a hypothetical?
    I agree with the others that this is unlikely. My guess/hope is that they cut him and use his spot on someone they could evaluate. I'm not even sure if Chriss and Murray are (still) close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That'd near break me as a fan, I think. Imagine hearing that SA actually did have offers for picks and expirings for Aldridge, but ownership made PATFO turn them down because they preferred to save money due to an Aldridge buyout. In my mind, that would be straight unforgiveable. And even those that's unlikely, this is the kind of we have to consider now because of the Chriss trade. A fundamental amount of trust in the Spurs' character was lost because of that trade.
    Oh, absolutely, hearing that the ownership overrode the FO to make a business-only decision would be a big blow to the FO's (little current) credibility in terms of getting the team back on the map in the near future. It'll be interesting to see whether Pop makes any comments before or after tonight's game regarding the trade deadline, tbh. Also, I don't really see the Chriss trade as much of a trust deal-breaker or something, it's surprising that you're so preoccupied with it. For sure something to keep an eye on though, regarding future moves by the FO, but a bit inconsequential in the grand scheme of things IMO. We'll see what happens the next few weeks I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt it. Chriss has been available for peanuts over the last couple years. If they wanted him, he was a minimum contract or even a 10-day contract away.
    Thanks for the response. Appreciate all the efforts on keeping everyone updated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even the terrible Scola trade was done to legitimately duck under the luxury tax.
    Scola Thread!!

(Sorry, wanted to do that for years!)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read the two tweets as slightly different. One says he gives back $7.25mm. The other says cash buyout of $5.8 million (seems like amount Spurs paid instead of what LMA gave up).

I’m not exactly sure how the contract is paid out throughout the year, but probably ratably. So maybe there’s a chance he has received less than half his salary of $24 million so far, and he had about $13mm remaining. He gave up $7.25mm and the Spurs paid $5.8mm.

Thread Information