Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs cared about maximum flexibility, they would not have extended White. When push comes to shove, there's little functional difference between the $50 Million they are currently slated to have and the $46 Million or so they'd have after this deal. You could easily make the argument that using their buying power now gives them a better shot at international free agents (since most NBA teams don't have the salary space to offer players mid-sized multi-year deals until the off-season) and that using some salary space this year, the team could save on future years. Like they could offer a $22M/4 deal that'd basically be a $21M/3 with a million for a signing bonus. They'd end up saving something like $1.5 Million a year in salary by using space that was going to expire anyway.

I'm not saying there's a player who's worth that and who is also willing/able to come over. I am saying that if such a player exists, the Spurs should strongly consider making a move like that.
    There's a big difference between Derrick White and some dude that might play. I'd say that for a end of the bench type of player, that 4 million IS a big functional difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the Nyets with injury faking Blake Griffin (Pistons) etc is reminding me of what a joke the

classy buyout

of Softridge was.

Thread Information