Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that’s true why sign Jakob and eat into what could have been near 2 full vet max slots? You can also trade and not take on long salaries.

Spurs front office is completely inept outside of the draft. I’ve never seen such a fall from grace. They are a laughing stock and should be embarrassed.

Yeah yeah, I do like the youth and they still have solid space but that’s not the point. They are not sharp, behind most NBA front offices in terms of creativity and have absolutely mis managed the majority of assets and are completely stuck in no mans land organizationally
    Because Poeltl was signed on a good and tradable contract. Also, I don't think Spurs are going after a max..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    preserving cap space to maximize ownership profits
    We will see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classy move my ass. Appreciate that he gave some money back but the classy move woulda been to accept his role and play out his contract
    This ! Very simple.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like a huge failure today. But can’t tell who is making all these bad choices. Ownership? Pop in trying to compete when we should be rebuilding? Between the owners, Pop, and Brian Wright, I see Wright having the least amount of influence, but if someone knows otherwise then I’d love to hear.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance we can bring in Milutinov?
    He sucks. We already have one big man that can't shoot outside of point blank range at the basket. And Jacob is much more versatile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to see what their plan really is moving forward.
    Seems very confused and/or conflicted internally. It may be difficult to put people in seats once things open up.
    It doesn't make sense to me.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, another epic fail by Pop and his merry simulator crew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah....I trust the system and all, but this is a fail on PATFO. They are just giving away money at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Poeltl was signed on a good and tradable contract. Also, I don't think Spurs are going after a max..
    Spurs and trading

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO: we won’t tank. It’s not in our ethos. We are trying to win and make playoffs and that’s our goal. We are asking all the guys to buy in and put in the work.

*Guys see PATFO trade for a broken leg player and let LMA go for nothing to another competing team*

PATFO: we can assure you we are serious about winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO: we won’t tank. It’s not in our ethos. We are trying to win and make playoffs and that’s our goal. We are asking all the guys to buy in and put in the work.

*Guys see PATFO trade for a broken leg player and let LMA go for nothing to another competing team*

PATFO: we can assure you we are serious about winning.
    Forgot to add in RC's slurring and Pop dozing off/breaking off into a rant about current events but otherwise spot on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish we never got this quitting diva

Seattles Biggest Spurs Fan suitedkings's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoulda traded him the first time he quit on the team several seasons ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I called all this months ago, except the trading for an injured player to save ownership money (back to the cheap Red McCombs days we come), but ST acting like the writing wasn't on the wall.

It sucks they are "standing pat" and didn't offload LaMarcus or Rudy (clearly they had little trade value), yet they also didn't absorb any ty contracts and might have another lottery pick in tow (free fall in the standings imminent)....

It sucks but all the success and fun went out the door with Nephew, now we all gotta hope the Spurs don't end up like the Bulls, Jazz or Knicks...

This is reality punching everyone in the face and letting use know how the rest of the league has felt like (look at all the obnoxious celebrating by LAC).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s time for new ownership, management, and coaching. Top to bottom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Need to start over fresh. The current guys have no plan at all besides letting pop stay until he gets the all time wins record. Oh and arguing over pancakes and waffles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread le reads like Marv Albert's commentary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, that doesn't guarantee anything either. The Kings went from the cheapskate Maloof family, almost being moved to Seattle, the NBA blocking the move then finding a suitor that would keep them in Sacramento, getting new everything and they still suck.

The team needs to keep drafting well, somehow find a superstar and hope/pray that another coach/GM duo surrounds them with enough talent to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the whole notion of having money left to sign a FA is predicated on the notion that there is actually a FA out there that is worth signing. if LMA is considered one of the most coveted FAs out there, and we just dumped him because of how bad he is, then how can there be another FA out there that's worth a damn? i'm not going to judge this until we get to the end of the summer and see where we're at with any FA signings and transactions made in preparation for the 2021-22 season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the whole notion of having money left to sign a FA is predicated on the notion that there is actually a FA out there that is worth signing. if LMA is considered one of the most coveted FAs out there, and we just dumped him because of how bad he is, then how can there be another FA out there that's worth a damn? i'm not going to judge this until we get to the end of the summer and see where we're at with any FA signings and transactions made in preparation for the 2021-22 season.
    Gotta put other factors into consideration. A post-buyout Aldridge of course is enticing. Most these type of guys sign for the vet. min. however, Aldridge might be seeking a long-term contract for money. Let's see what type of contract he gets before making those statements. We released him because he could've gone to LA, NY, Phoenix pretty much all the places most guys like him could've gone but he chose the Spurs and did his best here. Buying him out at this stage of his contract should be a little surprising but not when you consider he was going to leave in free agency afterward anyway and we want the cap space to replace him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are no good free agents. Collins, Holmes and Jarrett Allen are the best FAs out there and they most likely will resign with their team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are no good free agents. Collins, Holmes and Jarrett Allen are the best FAs out there and they most likely will resign with their team
    Restricted free agent Markkanen, Olynyk, Montrez, you can add to the list of players that would help our team. Also Maybe Spurs do not need to spend this summer. Save millions and plan for a big splash next summer and the eventual money you have to pay the young guys. With the pandemic, I imagine budgeting for the future has become a big priority as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see what happens with cap space. They say it's worth less now that players sign shorter deals. But the NBA propped up the salary cap this year. What happens going forward? Surely, the cap will drop and that will hurt some teams that are over the cap. It's possible that the Spurs can use their cap space to buy draft picks. So even if they can't land the best free agents, they can still use their cap space for other things. Or they can save it and use it for the extensions of the players that they are investing to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Restricted free agent Markkanen, Olynyk, Montrez, you can add to the list of players that would help our team. Also Maybe Spurs do not need to spend this summer. Save millions and plan for a big splash next summer and the eventual money you have to pay the young guys. With the pandemic, I imagine budgeting for the future has become a big priority as well.
    Spurs are obviously targeting injured players. Make sure you are checking the disabled lists and injury reserve. #3dchess #ciapop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olynyk or Montrez on a 2 year deal (even if it's a PO in year two) would help in different ways. Lauri on an $18M/yr would be fine... We should also get involved at the draft in the trade market with either White or Murray and in FA trying to S&T DDR.... of course we don't do trades here so I guess that's out...

Thread Information