Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow. That's certainly more than the $3.50 DeMarre Carroll gave back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do we celebrate or wat?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How soon before the Holts start a GoFundMe and start trading picks for cash considerations?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA must have really wanted the out of town then, damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's enough now to where SA could potentially look to Europe to sign a player for the rest of the season ala Baynes. Isn't there some Greek big folks were talking about a while ago?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's enough now to where SA could potentially look to Europe to sign a player for the rest of the season ala Baynes. Isn't there some Greek big folks were talking about a while ago?

Its happening!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yes, this should do a lot toward securing LMA's legacy as a Spur. He basically took a straight contract termination in order to move on. That's a far cry from Leonard getting paid to sit. Really, even if he hated it in SA, LMA had the leverage to give back way less. This shows why SA didn't jump on just any trade for him and why they were willing to announce he was leaving no matter what so early. This probably isn't (just) a "touches" thing. He seems to want his ring if he's willing to give up about $6 Million to get it. It's like a David West-esque sacrifice.

God speed, Aldridge. Classy move at the end. Hopefully PATFO can do something with the money besides line the owners' pockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classy move my ass. Appreciate that he gave some money back but the classy move woulda been to accept his role and play out his contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any chance we can bring in Milutinov?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is obviously why spurs werent taking bs offers for lma

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Classy move my ass. Appreciate that he gave some money back but the classy move woulda been to accept his role and play out his contract
    Not really. If we're real-talking, the Spurs should've not guaranteed his last year and waived him if they didn't like what he could bring in a trade. Dude's giving back five times as much as someone like Drummond is likely to. It's probably close to the max he could. SA has a chance to do something good with the savings (though they aren't off to a great start), and that is worth more than whatever they could get back in a trade probably could've been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We love you LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There goes another capillary in my eye. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. If we're real-talking, the Spurs should've not guaranteed his last year and waived him if they didn't like what he could bring in a trade. Dude's giving back five times as much as someone like Drummond is likely to. It's probably close to the max he could. SA has a chance to do something good with the savings (though they aren't off to a great start), and that is worth more than whatever they could get back in a trade probably could've been.
    I agree in a sense and I get it but the fact remains LMA quit on the Spurs and I refuse to label anything resulting from that as "classy"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We love you LMA
    Clearly this video was done by Spurs organization and not Spurstalk. But regardless if he sulked, he was a good player that did the best he could to keep the Spurs compe ive until this year. At least he didn't fake an injury and go hide in NY while cashing checks. At least he gave $7 million back.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We love you LMA
    Thanks for quitting on us and forcing a buyout...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LMA must have really wanted the out of town then, damn.
    Meh, he likely just wanted South Beach and only South Beach so he pushed them for a buyout since MIA would not give SA what they wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick thoughts:

-Yeah, if the Spurs knew this was an option, it's no wonder they didn't trade him. Unless they got back a first rounder for him, this was a superior move.

-The Spurs did Aldridge a solid by guaranteeing his final season even though they didn't need to. Aldridge returned the favor by giving back a lot more than he needed to.

-The Spurs still have their MLE and at least one roster spot.

-After this move, they could become buyers on the buyout market.

-The Spurs could also look to Europe/China now with quite a bit of money to spend.

Interesting turn of events

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I start to think that buying out LA instead of trading him was Holts call and not PATFOs complete ineptness. Trading meant that no salary would be shed, if we were getting young players, we were keeping them, and if it were washed up vets even on expiring contracts pending buyout, they will not accept any less than full amount. So I think they had some offers on their hands but decided not to pull the trigger and mortgage the future a little so save the 7.5m.

Now I won't be surprised to see a Rudy Gay buyout, even though there had been offers of 2 seconds for him, which were declined for the same reason. Unless Rudy prefers to keep chilling till the end of this short season while getting payed in full, rather than sweating his ass off in playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. That's certainly more than the $3.50 DeMarre Carroll gave back.
    Wow. 24 million a year salary is certainly more then 6 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick thoughts:

-Yeah, if the Spurs knew this was an option, it's no wonder they didn't trade him. Unless they got back a first rounder for him, this was a superior move.

-The Spurs did Aldridge a solid by guaranteeing his final season even though they didn't need to. Aldridge returned the favor by giving back a lot more than he needed to.

-The Spurs could also look to Europe/China now with quite a bit of money to spend.

Aaaaand there's the Sniffvp we all know and love.... Knew it couldn't last long

Inb4 Spurs do nothing with the money lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick thoughts:

Bruh - guys getting bought out likely aren’t great for rebuilding teams, right?

Losing Ddr + Rudy + Lyles + LMA for nothing is incompetent. I’m sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There goes another capillary in my eye. Thanks.
    cant believe people still talk about him like he's viable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that enough for Milutinov? Who can Spurs get for 7.25 mil?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh - guys getting bought out likely aren’t great for rebuilding teams, right?

Losing Ddr + Rudy + Lyles + LMA for nothing is incompetent. I’m sorry.
    Not true - there's value in having the old guys show the young guys how to completely miss the playoffs the last few years and then ask for a buyout so you ring chase on an actual team

Thread Information