My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idgf

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Aaron Gordon, 2016, 2020. Officially never won the dunk contest. But giving him the 2020 contest that he would have had were it not for Duane Wade being the Russian judge. Frankly, he deserves more than that. Also making him co-winner with Lavine for 2016. This dude has the best dunks if we're being honest with ourselves.
    2. Dominique Wilkins, 1985, 1988, 1990. Giving the 88 le that was stolen by Dad Killer.
    3. Vince Carter, 2000. Apropos that he ushered in the new millenium.
    4. Josh Smith, 2005. Amazing leaps and power. And the southpaw style.
    5. Zach Lavine, 2015, 2016. Best running dunker ever.
    6. Terrance Ross, 2013. First real exciting dunker in some years, maybe since Gerald Green but even better.
    7. Spud Webb, 1986. Inch for inch, easily the best dunker ever, tbh.
    8. Hamidou Diallo 2019. I don't think this dude is what people think when they think of the dunk contests. But the air this guy was catching was sick.
    9. Harold Miner, 1993, 1995. The power, the finesse, the southpaw, the baby Jordan hype.
    10. Nate Robinson, 2006, 2009, 2010. A beneficiary of a lull; but still a fun dunker. Spud Webb-esque.
    11. Jason Richardson, 2002, 2003. Off the heels of Vince Carter. Tough act to follow.
    12. Dwight Howard, 2008. The two rims, his smiling face on the backboard, the Super Man costume to trigger Shaq. He put some real effort into his showmanship.
    13. Glenn Robinson III, 2017. Lots of misses. But the finished product was improvements on existing dunks.
    14. Larry Nance, 1984. Big guy bias tends to go against him. But his pretty long arm dunks were good. He carried Dr. J's torch and inspired the likes of Dwight Howard.
    15. Dee Brown, 1991. Small guard coming out of nowhere. The Reebok Pumps pumping up the crowd. The graceful dunks and the cherry on the top with the no look dunk.
    16. Gerald Green, 2007. Good time to hold the dunk contest in Vegas.
    17. Fred Jones, 2004. Rating him higher than he would be for stopping Jason Richardson from threepeating. We don't need that absurdity.
    18. Brent Barry, 1996. White dude coming out of nowhere and as a Clipper no less. And his HOF dad wasn't known for dunking at all. A lot of a grace in his dunks too.
    19. Michael Jordan, 1987. Some iconic dunking. But the free throw dunk was overdone; and he was repeating his in-game dunks frankly. Maybe he deserves to be higher for inspiring Kobe to do a sh** dunk contest that he would've lost any other year and having such lore that Lebron chickened out from competing.
    20. Blake Griffin. Dude put on a show. A lot of bells and whistles. But we don't look back fondly on this dude though.
    21. Jeremy Evans. Probably should be higher. But having a forgettable career does that.
    22. Desmond Mason, 2003. A poor man's hybrid of Terrance Ross and Harold Miner.
    23. Isiah Rider, 1994. The first to do the between the legs dunk (how was that so overdue?) His dunks otherwise are meh. But rating higher than would cos good power on them.
    24. Kenny Walker, 1988. Perhaps a sentimental rating for Sky Walker. But you wanted to see him dunk in games after this contest.
    25. Cedric Ceballos, 1992. The gimmicky blindfold dunk actually overshadowed what had been a solid dunk contest for him IMO.
    26. Anfernee Simons. Catching air. The Obi Toppin dude he beat had the better dunks frankly.
    27. Donovan Mitc , 2018. A lot of flare; but not feeling the dunks so much.
    28. John Wall, 2014. The jump over the mascot dunk was new IIRC. But otherwise a forgettable performance.
    29. Derrick Jones Jr, 2020. Keeping him on the list despite giving away his le to Aaron Gordon. Reminiscent of Jeremy Evans. Pretty graceful but a one trick pony.
    30. Kobe Bryant, 1997. This was never meant to be his platform. He was actually bricking dunks and rolling them in. But he was so desperate to get that checkbox checked for next Michael Jordan status.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about this.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A change of scenery for Aaron Gordon may be good.
    Seems like a waste of talent so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad list just wish real stars did these days you

Thread Information