Page 10 of 171 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good start for Gonzaga

God I hope we don't draft Kispert
    He's going to be a good solid pro....but his upside is capped at that.... Korver clone... we need someone who has a chance to be great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For anyone else looking for a stream: http://6stream . xyz/video/nca1/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to be a good solid pro....but his upside is capped at that.... Korver clone... we need someone who has a chance to be great
    Yeah I don't doubt he'll be a good role player.

As much as the Spurs NEED 3 pt shooting, Kispert won't get those looks on this team. Not without someone getting him those looks by breaking down the defense. We need someone who can pull them in away from shooters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't doubt he'll be a good role player.

As much as the Spurs NEED 3 pt shooting, Kispert won't get those looks on this team. Not without someone getting them those looks by breaking down the defense. We need someone who can pull them in away from shooters.
    Agreed... I will say the Tre's speed getting in the lane has surprised me the last two games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, should we really be thinking about drafting a player that fills a position of need or do we simply get the best player available?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, should we really be thinking about drafting a player that fills a position of need or do we simply get the best player available?
    Get the best player with upside available..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching these games where the stakes are high and when you're not emotionally invested in either team is a blast.

Spurs are making me forget how much I love basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a personal preference of mine to not draft another PG. People are welcome to have their own preferences. I just know that the Spurs have this age old philosophy of taking years to train a point guard that replacing Murray is basically starting over completely from scratch. I feel that they're simply not going to do that. Couple that with the fact that we passed up on Tyrese.....just makes me think it's highly doubtful we draft a PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the best player with upside available..
    I agree. But let's say we get lucky and get #1 overall, do we get Suggs over Mobley? Or does Cunningham have a higher ceiling?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But let's say we get lucky and get #1 overall, do we get Suggs over Mobley? Or does Cunningham have a higher ceiling?
    From my perspective... Cunningham...then Kuminga...then Mobley...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a personal preference of mine to not draft another PG. People are welcome to have their own preferences. I just know that the Spurs have this age old philosophy of taking years to train a point guard that replacing Murray is basically starting over completely from scratch. I feel that they're simply not going to do that. Couple that with the fact that we passed up on Tyrese.....just makes me think it's highly doubtful we draft a PG.
    But if we're faced with a miracle option of choosing Suggs or Cunningham, then I'm sorry Murray or especially White but peace out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But if we're faced with a miracle option of choosing Suggs or Cunningham, then I'm sorry Murray or especially White but peace out!
    IMO, Suggs doesn't look all that special. I think Morant looked better in college.

Cunningham on the other hand, yeah. But I also believe he can play with our guards (probably not both). He can take the DeMar mantle. He's big enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we should trade White or Murray regardless...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to agree but one of White or Murray should be dealt I hate to say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed... I will say the Tre's speed getting in the lane has surprised me the last two games...
    In the gubble , he was doing that, and dunking in traffic. He could be really, really good if he gets himself a jump shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player available, we need a true franchise player, we currently have none.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we should trade White or Murray regardless...
    I'd keep Murray who still has room to grow. He likely won't reach the level I thought he'd reach but his defense can still be elite. White, on the other hand, he's more expendable, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the gubble , he was doing that, and dunking in traffic. He could be really, really good if he gets himself a jump shot.
    Getting a consistent jump shot will determine his career trajectory without a doubt..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baylor hounding guys on defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd keep Murray who still has room to grow. He likely won't reach the level I thought he'd reach but his defense can still be elite. White, on the other hand, he's more expendable, IMO.
    I think Murray is the better player but, I also think he brings more back on a trade..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player available, we need a true franchise player, we currently have none.
    We do and there's still hope for a miracle in the lottery selection. Number #10 pick is the most realistic though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only eight teams in the NBA have true franchise players who have stayed with them.
    75% of these players were drafted in the top 10.
    Remaining 25% of these players were drafted after the 14th pick.

Seven teams currently have borderline franchise players.
    Of these borderline franchise players, 37.5% of them were drafted in the top 12 of the lottery.
    The remaining 62.5% were drafted after.

Keep in mind: a lot of these teams have drafted in the top 10 for a very long time.

True franchise players don't grow on trees.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-05-2021 at 09:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usman Garubu looks intriguing. Could be there where the Spurs draft in the late lottery. Might shoot up the draft like Patrick Williams did last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usman Garubu looks intriguing. Could be there where the Spurs draft in the late lottery. Might shoot up the draft like Patrick Williams did last year.
    Do we need more zero offense guys?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we need more zero offense guys?
    Might be the best player we can get with the highest ceiling unless this team embraces the tank. Which I don’t think is happening with Pop as coach.

Thread Information