Page 101 of 171 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man some of y’all have severe PTSD from Kawhi leaving lmao acting like every star will leave because we’re a small market
    Maybe.
    Let's see what the future shows us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who follow draftees, are there any forwards at 12 that Spurs should target, or are the best players available guard's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those who follow draftees, are there any forwards at 12 that Spurs should target, or are the best players available guard's?
    Sure -- Franz Wagner, Josh Giddey, Ziaire Williams, Keon Johnson, Corey Kispert, Jalen Johnson. Some of them should be available in that area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The video I've posted earlier contained 50% lowlights.

Here's a full game for people's reference.

IMO, Manu himself didn't develop his passing until later in his career.

People ignoring his ball handling ability is perplexing to me. I get the shot comparisons with Klay, but everything else? Nope.
    Ignoring? I don't see anyone ignoring it. Its basketball...dribbling is expected, especially if your selling point is offense. He can dribble and get to the basket. He has that CP3 type sense of moving his body in position to shield his shot especially downlow. This is where the decision making becomes an issue. He dribbles himself into trouble quite a bit for a no.1 option on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally the draft is earlier, too. You can't start FA season when some of the FAs may still be playing. Tha just doesn't work.
    You aren't understanding. In a normal year the season ends around June 23. Start FA on July 1. Then, have the draft near the end of July. Then, do the Summer Leagues in August.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You aren't understanding. In a normal year the season ends around June 23. Start FA on July 1. Then, have the draft near the end of July. Then, do the Summer Leagues in August.
    Hey, big guy, the draft was June 20 in 2019. It was June 21 in 2018. June 22 in 2017. June 23 in 2016...

Is there anything else you want to be wrong about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun reminds me of a modern day Luis Scola.

Murray,White
    Vassell, Lonnie
    Keldon, FA (Kelly Oubre?)
    Sengun, FA (Lauri?)
    Jokob, Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun reminds me of a modern day Luis Scola.

Murray,White
    Vassell, Lonnie
    Keldon, FA (Kelly Oubre?)
    Sengun, FA (Lauri?)
    Jokob, Eubanks
    Sengun doesn’t play like Scola at all. He’s strictly a center. If anyone’s drafting him to play him closer to the perimeter he’ll bust. All of his strengths are when he gets the ball around the rim or top of the key from where he can pass pretty well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember Scola being a low post beast. Sengun has already shown high level low post moves and decent IQ. Your right doesn't have a perimeter game yet but he's also only 18 and by all accounts he has the work ethic to.be something special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/hornets/video/te...sduarte-365529

Hornets have been uploading interviews with prospects they have worked out.

- As has been discussed already, Chris Duarte’s next workout is in San Antonio. He confirmed it in this interview too.

- Jaden Springer interview also up. Just previously worked out with the Pacers. Pick #11 and pick #13. Hmmm…

- Keon Johnson and James Bouknight also worked out for them. Bouknight interview is the only one not posted.
    ‘Keon coy on where his next workouts are.
    Springer vs Duarte is an interesting discussion, though I still find it kind of mind boggling that Springer won't be Duarte's age until 2026! That's two years after the next presidential election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Furthermore, cultural fit is a massive concern for the Spurs right now. They need a player who doesn't mind staying in San Antonio, indeed will thrive there. Plus, someone who will fit in with the young core. As mentioned, team chemistry is a major plus right now. By most accounts, Duarte loved playing in Oregon, is a Spanish-speaker, is a well-rounded individual who just wants to play basketball. He has the makings of a great teammate. Again, once White was drafted, he quickly became the key player in the rotation -- the team suffered when he was out (and still does). With Duarte you have an analogue, a guy who does many of the same things, if in different ways, and has the polish that Dejounte Murray only started achieving this last year.
    I would add, a player who can immediately contribute on a Rookie contract!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember Scola being a low post beast. Sengun has already shown high level low post moves and decent IQ. Your right doesn't have a perimeter game yet but he's also only 18 and by all accounts he has the work ethic to.be something special.
    Is it possible Scola was just 6’9” and Sengun 6’10” and both 240 lbs? Wikipedia must be ting me

Scola could’ve been one of Spurs favorite players. The guy’s a beast. It still hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring? I don't see anyone ignoring it. Its basketball...dribbling is expected, especially if your selling point is offense. He can dribble and get to the basket. He has that CP3 type sense of moving his body in position to shield his shot especially downlow. This is where the decision making becomes an issue. He dribbles himself into trouble quite a bit for a no.1 option on offense.
    My point was when comparisons were being made to strictly Klay, it undersells Duarte’s dribbling skills because Klay never dribbles the ball as much as Duarte does nor does he have the same dribbling skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see people bring up the Suns on how to build a team, but not the Bucks. How convenient.

People need to realize how their brain works. It’s always about readily being able to accept one truth that suits their views, than the full truth, which is displayed right in front of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see people bring up the Suns on how to build a team, but not the Bucks. How convenient.

People need to realize how their brain works. It’s always about readily being able to accept one truth that suits their views, than the full truth, which is displayed right in front of them.
    Maybe because the core of Sun’s roster is from their own draft, plus a big trade to acquire CP3, and added around him to complete. While with the Bucks, only Giannis was their pick from your list, 8th years ago and the rest they picked throughout the years. It wasn’t as simple nor a direct result of a big trade, and it took them years.
    Last edited by John B; 07-04-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Springer vs Duarte is an interesting discussion, though I still find it kind of mind boggling that Springer won't be Duarte's age until 2026! That's two years after the next presidential election.
    I am ok with either one, with the naive hope that picking one of them would prompt a trade to balance the roster. Springer seems ready enough to get some sparse early minutes. Otherwise, it feels like Moody, imo, will be the likely target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m torn between Wagner and Jalen Johnson. Wagner seems like a low-risk, medium-reward prospect, while Johnson is medium-risk, high-reward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scola thread!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe because the core of Sun’s roster is from their own draft, plus a big trade to acquire CP3, and added around him to complete. While with the Bucks, only Giannis was their pick from your list, 8th years ago and the rest they picked throughout the years. It wasn’t as simple nor a direct result of a big trade, and it took them years.
    I think the bigger picture is that you don't need top five lottery picks to get a championship team. Only one of them was drafted higher than the spurs have picked the last two seasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m torn between Wagner and Jalen Johnson. Wagner seems like a low-risk, medium-reward prospect, while Johnson is medium-risk, high-reward.
    I don't see it that way at all.... I see JJ as high risk-hogh reward and Wagner as low risk-high reward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the bigger picture is that you don't need top five lottery picks to get a championship team. Only one of them was drafted higher than the spurs have picked the last two seasons.
    I get it and that’s astonishing. But the process of assembling that team was nothing every other team has not done, each year bringing someone. Can you really pinpoint exactly when they envisioned that roster? With the Suns, it was more decisive. They drafted wisely with Booker and Ayton, then made a big move to bring CP3 to push it to the next level.

But not to discredit both teams, they were lucky with teams having injuries with key players. More likelihood, it would be the Clips/Lakers vs Nets in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see JJ as high risk medium reward and I see Wagner as low risk medium reward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it and that’s astonishing. But the process of assembling that team was nothing every other team has not done, each year bringing someone. Can you really pinpoint exactly when they envisioned that roster? With the Suns, it was more decisive. They drafted wisely with Booker and Ayton, then made a big move to bring CP3 to push it to the next level.

But not to discredit both teams, they were lucky with teams having injuries with key players. More likelihood, it would be the Clips/Lakers vs Nets in the Finals.
    And there are many times other teams have done what the Suns have done and failed. See how your brain works?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Bucks, it was having an MVP and surrounding him with key players to compliment. With Suns, having 2nd tier players (I mean 1st tier as LeBron, KD, Kawhi, Giannis and a resurgent CP3 ), then add that MVP caliber.

The Spurs don’t have both . We have a lot of good role players, maybe a budding star in DJ. A lot of work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there are many times other teams have done what the Suns have done and failed. See how your brain works?
    I did mention “both were lucky”. And championship teams come with a little bit of luck.

Thread Information