Page 103 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4270
    Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone here talking about Zaire Williams,?? seems to had a good combine. Has great length on the wing, a ton of upside to develop into two-way star. He has ball handling skills, he can shoot, already solid in defense. Has been compared to Paul George. 2 years in the Gleage and people could be looking back wondering how did people overlook him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get it and that’s astonishing. But the process of assembling that team was nothing every other team has not done, each year bringing someone. Can you really pinpoint exactly when they envisioned that roster? With the Suns, it was more decisive. They drafted wisely with Booker and Ayton, then made a big move to bring CP3 to push it to the next level.

But not to discredit both teams, they were lucky with teams having injuries with key players. More likelihood, it would be the Clips/Lakers vs Nets in the Finals.
    I don't think it was too decisive on the sun's. They missed on picks, traded others. They also missed on quite a few free agents. They had max cap a few years but kept missing on their plans.

Booker and ayton were great hits but like I said, they've been living in the lottery and until Chris Paul and Monty showed up, didn't have much tl show for it.

I'm not downing them or anything. They've done a great job recently.
    I just think the people who feel dependent on high draft picks don't realize how little they play out in reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it was too decisive on the sun's. They missed on picks, traded others. They also missed on quite a few free agents. They had max cap a few years but kept missing on their plans.

Booker and ayton were great hits but like I said, they've been living in the lottery and until Chris Paul and Monty showed up, didn't have much tl show for it.

I'm not downing them or anything. They've done a great job recently.
    I just think the people who feel dependent on high draft picks don't realize how little they play out in reality.
    Let's just say that whoever wins probably won't repeat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone here talking about Zaire Williams,?? seems to had a good combine. Has great length on the wing, a ton of upside to develop into two-way star. He has ball handling skills, he can shoot, already solid in defense. Has been compared to Paul George. 2 years in the Gleage and people could be looking back wondering how did people overlook him.
    I have a feeling he might be the spurs guy, he definitely needs a couple of years to develop but he has a solid foundation to build on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff .

They think Franz is technically and tactically so well versed that they suggest he has trouble with spontaneity and diverging from set paths as a result (when it may be required).

Lots of Spurs-y refs. in the video.

Spoiler alert (from the vid).

The Good:

- Tremendous Off-ball defender technically. Head always on a swivel.
    - Team first guy.
    - Coach's dream.

Most of what I've seen and read suggests that he's the ultimate glue guy in the draft (when you take into account his ceiling and becoming a consistent 3 point threat).
    ( They do make the case though, a team has to put Franz in a certain situation/position to maximize his skill set).

The question I have though, Are we at a stage in the Spurs rebuild timeline where we should take a guy (in the lottery), whose best case projections are a starting adhesive?

By no means am I trying to slander Franz as a prospect btw just have my doubts if that's in the team's best interest long term.

The discussions about his usage rate & such are interesting because they bring to mind the type of player I most hope he becomes: Andrei Kirilenko. Kirilenko never had an issue asserting himself on the Russian National team or on CSKA Moscow, where he was the undisputed alpha dog-- but in the NBA he was always much more of a do everything glue guy with a pretty modest usage rate. I don't know if Wagner ever becomes a main guy-- I tend to doubt it-- but I can see him as potentially a very effective player with great advanced stats who can play with anyone... which is kinda how I also see Derrick White, at his best. Assembling those kinds of guys is never a bad idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My comparison for Wagner is his countryman of a previous generation -- Detlef Schrempf. Schrempf was never offensively productive enough to be a star, but he did so many different things on the floor and was that prototypical glue guy. Wagner projects as a better defender and less of a facilitator, but may be along those lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My comparison for Wagner is his countryman of a previous generation -- Detlef Schrempf. Schrempf was never offensively productive enough to be a star, but he did so many different things on the floor and was that prototypical glue guy. Wagner projects as a better defender and less of a facilitator, but may be along those lines.

Shiit detlef was an allstar and 6th man oty. Id take that in a heartbeat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was scoring 20ppg at Indy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ziaire Williams could certainly be the Spurs' pick. He's not very sexy as a selection at this point I think for a few reasons. He didn't produce very well this season (his freshman year). His numbers are not good, especially shooting and turnovers. But his team struggled with COVID issues and he lost a couple uncles, I believe. He's also thought to be a bit mechanical in how he plays and may not be able to generate his shot as well as other guys. He also projects are a 3 and D guy without much upside beyond that.

Those might be unfair, or not, but he definitely will need a good amount of development, both in strength and otherwise.

So I think fans want someone who can hit sooner and is more likely to become a 'star.' But he has great height and good athleticism and seems to have his head screwed on straight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel a point made in this video sums up Ziaire: “he takes a pull up where the defense stops him at.”, “a guy who doesn’t process plays”, “will settle for bad jumpshots”

sounds like the Lonnie Walker syndrome.

it seems like people who are pro-Ziaire are typically the ones who look at height and highlights only. Same with pro-Kai folks, with a sprinkle of athleticism.

you take a peep at this guy’s lowlights and they are excruciatingly bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was going to say exactly that -- Ziaire projects a lot like Lonnie, a guy who isn't putting it together and may not despite his gifts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Duarte on IG: “San Antonio is beautiful”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he delete it? Because I just checked and didn’t see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball aside, Duke and Michigan are two outstanding universities, and Johnson and Wagner are privileged to have been able to attend such esteemed ins utions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think we’re really lucky this year, idk what players will turn out to be stars in this draft but there’s lot of players I’d be thrilled with if we drafted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he delete it? Because I just checked and didn’t see it
    it was on IG live, he was in a tattoo shop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Duarte would be a solid pro, i don't have a problem about his age : i prefer to have 8 years of good basketball from a 23-24 yrs old than next to nothing from a young one.

But i will not take him at 12 because i think there will be players with more upside, if we have another pick he could be a solid choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Duarte would be a solid pro, i don't have a problem about his age : i prefer to have 8 years of good basketball from a 23-24 yrs old than next to nothing from a young one.

But i will not take him at 12 because i think there will be players with more upside, if we have another pick he could be a solid choice.
    IMO, if Duarte comes in and gives solid production off the bat, people will believe there is more upside to be attained for subsequent years. , some people believe Murray will continue to improve (justifiably so) and he’s almost 25. Ginobili improved each year until he was 30.

As an aside, it’s always great to pick up a player who will embrace the city of San Antonio. IMO, Duarte will quickly become a fan favorite, and he could be a gateway to his teammates for the city’s culture. We saw several of the young core experiencing the Fiesta for the first time. A player who understands the city the team plays for could quickly become a leader in the locker room.

Bottomline: Chris Duarte is the type of player you get if you’re losing DeMar this offseason. Think of it as also appealing to the season ticket holders + casual fans who watch the Spurs because DeMar is a household name.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-05-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, if Duarte comes in and gives solid production off the bat, people will believe there is more upside to be attained for subsequent years. , some people believe Murray will continue to improve (justifiably so) and he’s almost 25. Ginobili improved each year until he was 30.

As an aside, it’s always great to pick up a player who will embrace the city of San Antonio. IMO, Duarte will quickly become a fan favorite, and he could be a gateway to his teammates for the city’s culture. We saw several of the young core experiencing the Fiesta for the first time. A player who understands the city the team plays for could quickly become a leader in the locker room.

Bottomline: Chris Duarte is the type of player you get if you’re losing DeMar this offseason. Think of it as also appealing to the season ticket holders + casual fans who watch the Spurs because DeMar is a household name.
    I don't disagree but the question is : do you draft him if all the other players of your tier 1 are here ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree but the question is : do you draft him if all the other players of your tier 1 are here ?
    The Spurs rarely let stars slip past where they’re slated to pick. They have my full confidence that the right guy will be chosen. If Kuminga drops and is there at #12 and the Spurs still select someone else over him, I would think that something was wrong with Kuminga and not the Spurs. They’re one of the best at doing this, man. Now, if a Tier 5 guy was selected over a Tier 1 guy, that would be a tougher pill to swallow but I’ll quickly get over it, probably after the summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Murphy in Memphis per his IG. They have the 17th pick and the 51st pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I actually really like Chris as a player. Just hate the fact that he’ll turn 25 his Rookie season. That’s terrible for a team who’s building more for the future instead of the present.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually really like Chris as a player. Just hate the fact that he’ll turn 25 his Rookie season. That’s terrible for a team who’s building more for the future instead of the present.
    It’s an obvious mental roadblock for many Spurs fans. A common misconception is that youth = good all the time. If the Spurs see Chris as being one of the top 3 players on the team in three years (entirely possible with his offensive skillset), then you have a 28 year old player in his prime leading a bunch of role players (with hopefully two other really good players). 28 years old doesn’t sound too old when you’re the one of the best players on the team. It does sound old when you have a rookie label on you. But who cares about labels when you’re that good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, people (and teams) massively overrate youth, then wonder why raw players never develop or it takes them too long. Not saying Duarte isn't really old as a rookie, though. His analog is Derrick White. We already know what an older player who has a lot of tricks and polish for a rookie looks like.

Thread Information