Page 104 of 171 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the proposed sign-and-trade scenario by Dan Favale of Bleacher Report, the Lakers would be sending a package that includes Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, and the No. 22 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft to the Spurs in exchange for DeRozan.

https://www.inquisitr.com/6493473/nb...-demar-derozan

Currently, the 22nd pick on Tankathon's mock is.... Chris Duarte.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve grown a lot on Chris Duarte! My only concern is last year I thought Obi Toppin would be great and he was an upper class man and his game hasn’t translated to the league much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 Days until the Draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the proposed sign-and-trade scenario by Dan Favale of Bleacher Report, the Lakers would be sending a package that includes Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, and the No. 22 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft to the Spurs in exchange for DeRozan.

I really hate the Lakers, but it'd be hard to pass up an offer like that if it came across my desk. DeMar can leave for nothing, or we can shore up our Forward/Center spots and get an extra pick? I'd say yes to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve grown a lot on Chris Duarte! My only concern is last year I thought Obi Toppin would be great and he was an upper class man and his game hasn’t translated to the league much.
    Toppin hasn't been able to translate his game because of his stiff hips which causes him to be a liability on defense. Age couldn't help that. If Toppin was 19 and strictly focused his training regime on lateral quickness for years, he still wouldn't be much better. The guy has genetically narrow hips. That's why I'm leery of drafting guys like Jalen (outside of his possible character concerns) who could turn out to be Rudy Gay 1.0 on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toppin had red flags. His defense was sub par, and he used his athleticism more than anything else, and that was never going to translate up a level of compe ion. His rebounding was also sub par.

The two things that do translate from one level to the next are rebounding and shooting. Duarte is a shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, people (and teams) massively overrate youth, then wonder why raw players never develop or it takes them too long. Not saying Duarte isn't really old as a rookie, though. His analog is Derrick White. We already know what an older player who has a lot of tricks and polish for a rookie looks like.
    If there was an opportunity to draft a player who was like Derrick White but with actual confidence from the very beginning AND wasn't injury-prone... sign me up. That would be a uva player.

Disclaimer: I don't actually believe Duarte plays anything like Derrick since their shot profile on offense is different and Derrick is top notch on defense. But I do believe Duarte could one day exceed White's offensive output by at least 1.5x.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hate the Lakers, but it'd be hard to pass up an offer like that if it came across my desk. DeMar can leave for nothing, or we can shore up our Forward/Center spots and get an extra pick? I'd say yes to that.
    Agreed! I'm not especially high on Kuzma or Harrell, but both are on very reasonable & short contracts, and both could be pieces in future trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toppin had red flags. His defense was sub par, and he used his athleticism more than anything else, and that was never going to translate up a level of compe ion. His rebounding was also sub par.
    That's what I thought & said last year too, but there were a lot of scouts and a lot of spurstalk folks saying Toppin was the most NBA ready college player, that he'd contribute immediately, and be a ROY contender. Redo that draft today and he might not even go in the first round.

This is actually a good read right about now: https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...ght=obi+toppin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would do that.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s one of the few trade proposals we’ve seen here that actually makes sense for both teams. I’d do that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corey kispert. Please and thanks. Then sign duncan Robinson and lauri markannen. Constant shootouts in San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corey kispert. Please and thanks. Then sign duncan Robinson and lauri markannen. Constant shootouts in San Antonio.
    ChrisDuarte and Trey Murphy. Shooting and defense. .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah at this point I’m just tired of players who can’t/refuse to take 3 pointers. It’s not even on coaching anymore. DJ and KJ look scared to shoot open 3s in a game. That’s why I wanted Vassell last draft. And it’s why I want Duarte this draft. Give me shooting from nonundersized guards and I can live with the result

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not Sengun (with their luck, he'll rise late and be gone) or Wagner (long projected to be gone when they pick), who could you envision the Spurs selecting?

Despite the continued unflattering reports and innuendo, Jalen Johnson is the only other candidate I got and he's a maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You trying to turn us into the Washington generals? No thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not Sengun (with their luck, he'll rise late and be gone) or Wagner (long projected to be gone when they pick), who could you envision the Spurs selecting?

Despite the continued unflattering reports and innuendo, Jalen Johnson is the only other candidate I got and he's a maybe.

I think Giddey could be in the mix with Bouknight and Jalen Johnson.

I don't see the Spurs going on Jones, Jackson at 12 but don't forget Garuba.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what we wanted Lonnie to be. Unafraid to mix it up inside. If he’s there at 12 please look hard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Giddey could be in the mix with Bouknight and Jalen Johnson.

I don't see the Spurs going on Jones, Jackson at 12 but don't forget Garuba.
    If they go guard/wing, they need to go the trade route either by trading back (depending on who it is) or trading a current guard/wing (most likely Walker IV).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they go guard/wing, they need to go the trade route either by trading back (depending on who it is) or trading a current guard/wing (most likely Walker IV).
    I’ve come to the conclusion that Lonnie is just a big, bouncy version of Forbes. I half expect him to start licking his fingers, and dapping the soles of his shoes. Yes, his defense is that awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jalen Johnson is a heavy no. Sengun I'm unsure about. Wagner is at or near the top of the list.

If you read through the pages here you'll see many other options and not feel so lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what we wanted Lonnie to be. Unafraid to mix it up inside. If he’s there at 12 please look hard.
    Dude is incapable of making a left handed lay up. Weird that he practices all these right handed lay ups on the left hand side when he could easily just finish left handed. He clearly worked on his left hand on some hesitation dribbles but that’s as far as it goes. It’s not the biggest thing in the world but it’s just weird to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve come to the conclusion that Lonnie is just a big, bouncy version of Forbes. I half expect him to start licking his fingers, and dapping the soles of his shoes. Yes, his defense is that awful.
    Forbes wasn't afraid to shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddamn is that voice annoying as and the copy ing terrible. It sounds like bad ESPN, which is all of ESPN.

Bouknight looks like that Ja Morant model, the type the league doesn't permit you to play defense on anymore and can get anywhere he wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last year on why Vassell stood out in Brian Wright's words: "He is a 3-level scorer and he's a good defender."

If the Spurs continue last year's trend and select a player based on this criteria, you basically have the following players: Moody, Bouknight, Wagner, Duarte. So if I was a betting man, I'd put money on one of those players being drafted.

Players who are out and why:

-Kispert - not really a scorer from mid-range & not a reputable defender
    -Usman Garuba - for obvious reasons
    -Keon & Springer - shot profile consists mostly of mid-range shots
    -Kai Jones - not a mid-range scorer, hardly a 3 pt shooter
    -Giddey - Poor defender, work-in-progress shooter
    -Sengun & Jalen Johnson - Weak perimeter defender

Obviously, this is all speculation and they could go a different route.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-05-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Thread Information