Page 112 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Sengun and Chet Holmgren be able to play together in the 2022 - 2023 season is my question? ;p

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy crap how many guards do the Spurs need? They should give Kai Jones a good look.

I mean if you’re ok with blowing lottery picks on Stromile Swift 2.0

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is incapable of making a left handed lay up. Weird that he practices all these right handed lay ups on the left hand side when he could easily just finish left handed. He clearly worked on his left hand on some hesitation dribbles but that’s as far as it goes. It’s not the biggest thing in the world but it’s just weird to me
    https://twitter.com/uconnhighlights/...23831225757696

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21 days until the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21 days until the draft
    What he said.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun and Giddey are still getting top ten evaluations on many sites. Both could be special, both could be unplayable. There’s a good chance one of them will be available.

Just curious, are most people higher on Sengun?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun and Giddey are still getting top ten evaluations on many sites. Both could be special, both could be unplayable. There’s a good chance one of them will be available.

I'm higher on Sengun than Giddey.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lower after watching game 1 of this finals. I don't see him playing in this series. Portis is more mobile and just got destroyed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My .02

Sengün has a pure shot, and his lack of 3 point shooting is a function of a small sample, because Europe isn’t obsessed with the shot the way that the NBA is. His 80% FTs shows that he has a repeatable stroke.

Giddey gives me the heeby jeebys. His shot is ing broke as . He’s got elbow flare, his feet are pointing 45 degrees away from where his shot should go, he uses his guide had and thumb during his release, and he can’t even shoot FTs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last year, like any year, there were not-great picks in the top 10, like Okongwu, Killian Hayes, Toppin, Jalen Smith, etc. I expect the same this year.

For the two you mention, not sure. I can definitely see both of them nabbed that early, although expect Giddey to drop into the later lottery. Sengun might depend on a team having a fit/need, like Charlotte, but then we're talking about Jordan and there's a certain type of player he goes for. I'd expect Kai, Jackson, or Thor instead, but who knows.

I have maybe four or five players I want most right now and both are on that list. I like Sengun at this point more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lower after watching game 1 of this finals. I don't see him playing in this series. Portis is more mobile and just got destroyed.
    I agree to a point. My first thought: I'd love for the Spurs to get destroyed in the Finals. We're still trying to get into the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My .02

Sengün has a pure shot, and his lack of 3 point shooting is a function of a small sample, because Europe isn’t obsessed with the shot the way that the NBA is. His 80% FTs shows that he has a repeatable stroke.

Giddey gives me the heeby jeebys. His shot is ing broke as . He’s got elbow flare, his feet are pointing 45 degrees away from where his shot should go, he uses his guide had and thumb during his release, and he can’t even shoot FTs.

Completely agree. I was listening to a Pounding the Rock podcast about the draft and one of their people had Giddey as the much better prospect. I suppose if Giddey panned out,, then his skills might be more useful on the Spurs who need passing, but I'm not ready for the awful shooting and defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year, like any year, there were not-great picks in the top 10, like Okongwu, Killian Hayes, Toppin, Jalen Smith, etc. I expect the same this year.

For the two you mention, not sure. I can definitely see both of them nabbed that early, although expect Giddey to drop into the later lottery. Sengun might depend on a team having a fit/need, like Charlotte, but then we're talking about Jordan and there's a certain type of player he goes for. I'd expect Kai, Jackson, or Thor instead, but who knows.

I have maybe four or five players I want most right now and both are on that list. I like Sengun at this point more.
    Yeah, Sengun seems to have more accomplishments and less red flags. If we are looking for tall playmakers, I wonder if they will take a look at Dalano Blanton in the second round: https://youtu.be/noX20zsXhRg

Just curious, who are your 4 or 5 players?

My list that the FO might go for (3/D) is: Moody, Wagner, Duarte, Springer, Trey Murphy II. But it's getting harder to get excited about anybody.
    Last edited by The Truth #6; 07-08-2021 at 11:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm warming up to kispert and, as some have argued here, he certainly has some skills that tend to get undervalued by us neophyte "scouts". with 3 weeks left until the draft, i'm still high on duarte, wagner, sengun and giddey (in no particular order).
    Last edited by rjv; 07-08-2021 at 01:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well in that highlight reel he had 5 left handed drives that he finished with his right hand on the left side. It’s weird Bc it’s much harder to finish right handed on the left hand side than just to use your left hand.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't; they're wings. The former is actually closer to a big wing than he is a guard.

Anyone on this team under 6 7” is a guard/ forward in my opinion. Even derozen was playing PF for a stretch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Na i don’t think so. Id say take a good look at him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Giddey. The combination of bad shooting, bad defense and bad athleticism scares me. There's no one I can think of able to survive in the NBA with such deficiencies. Now, perhaps he can improve on these, but being an armchair scout I'm far from being able to project future skill development well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Sengun seems to have more accomplishments and less red flags. If we are looking for tall playmakers, I wonder if they will take a look at Dalano Blanton in the second round: https://youtu.be/noX20zsXhRg

Just curious, who are your 4 or 5 players?

My list that the FO might go for (3/D) is: Moody, Wagner, Duarte, Springer, Trey Murphy II. But it's getting harder to get excited about anybody.
    Right now I like Sengun, Giddey, Kispert, Wagner, probably Moody and Duarte. Like others I'm really unsure about Giddey, although I suspect he's much more improvable than some suggest. He's not even nineteen yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Giddey. The combination of bad shooting, bad defense and bad athleticism scares me. There's no one I can think of able to survive in the NBA with such deficiencies. Now, perhaps he can improve on these, but being an armchair scout I'm far from being able to project future skill development well.
    So true. And a poor handle. There are hurdles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably have Sengun as my #1 target. He might not have great physical tools but he gets the most out of what he has with fundamentals and puts the work in.

Giddy I find entertaining but I think he has a high bust factor. If the Spurs were inclined to keep Mills I would be more interested in Giddy to have a mentor-mentee thing going on. Giddy then could be the bench playmaker. Should be fun to watch though perhaps not conducive to winning.

I don't get Springer. I don't like guys with giant head to body ratio. Looked like Barea out there, count me out.

Not a fan of Garuba either, for someone with hyped athleticism/tools he sure doesn't have much vertical pop. Add in the remedial offense and I'm not real big on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of Sengun and Giddey - I’d take Sengun.

After Ben Simmons went AWOL on the Boomers, I thought Giddey would be a lock to participate at the Olympics.
    While certainly a talented team with medal aspirations, the fact they couldn’t find room for a 6”8 - 9’ PG/wing suggests to me he’s still some ways away from contributing.

He also at this stage in development needs the ball to be effective on Offense.

So all the suggested weaknesses posted above;
    and then learning to play as an NBA wing off ball. Lots of hurdles to overcome just to get on the floor…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stromile Swift would be a star in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably have Sengun as my #1 target. He might not have great physical tools but he gets the most out of what he has with fundamentals and puts the work in.

Giddy I find entertaining but I think he has a high bust factor. If the Spurs were inclined to keep Mills I would be more interested in Giddy to have a mentor-mentee thing going on. Giddy then could be the bench playmaker. Should be fun to watch though perhaps not conducive to winning.

I don't get Springer. I don't like guys with giant head to body ratio. Looked like Barea out there, count me out.

Not a fan of Garuba either, for someone with hyped athleticism/tools he sure doesn't have much vertical pop. Add in the remedial offense and I'm not real big on him.
    I’ll probably be bummed if Sengun is available and they pass. I’ve always assumed they are looking for well rounded players who are good at defense, which is why I started paying more attention to Springer. He’s definitely a polarizing player, which to me is odd for someone who seems well rounded without any obvious deficiencies. His ceiling is debatable but that’s true for most of these players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of Sengun and Giddey - I’d take Sengun.

After Ben Simmons went AWOL on the Boomers, I thought Giddey would be a lock to participate at the Olympics.
    While certainly a talented team with medal aspirations, the fact they couldn’t find room for a 6”8 - 9’ PG/wing suggests to me he’s still some ways away from contributing.

He also at this stage in development needs the ball to be effective on Offense.

So all the suggested weaknesses posted above;
    and then learning to play as an NBA wing off ball. Lots of hurdles to overcome just to get on the floor…
    yeah, i'd take sengun as well. for the reasons you mentioned as i'd prefer to see a player that could contribute starting in his first year (the same goes for duarte and kispert).

Thread Information