Page 114 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see the Spurs taking a long look at Trey Murphy III, as some have mentioned. He's the prototypical 3-and-D guy, only almost 6'10" and very long. He's likely who he always will be on offense and his rebounding is pretty weak, but he's very strong at the 3 and the D at least. Not sure he's a lottery pick, but not sure the Spurs would wait for a player they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wiseman imo is better than you think he is.
    Yes, this is why Golden State is trying to get rid of him a year after drafting him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, this is why Golden State is trying to get rid of him a year after drafting him.
    They aren't trying to 'get rid of him' ...they are trying to turn him into a more ready to win now player that fits their timeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An interesting take on a mock draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...st-nba-career/

While I don't agree with everything here - it's a refreshing read compared to other mocks.

Not trying to reignite a Jaden Springer convo. - (honestly, this gentlemen has him at #27 fwiw). This Q. is purely rhetorical - but how does he not sound like a lottery pick?
    This guy had Obi Toppin going #2 last year to Golden State and Avdija at #5. I'm glad he's his own man, but I think maybe he enjoys a bit of shock value in his mocks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...rnets-at-no-3/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see the Spurs taking a long look at Trey Murphy III, as some have mentioned. He's the prototypical 3-and-D guy, only almost 6'10" and very long. He's likely who he always will be on offense and his rebounding is pretty weak, but he's very strong at the 3 and the D at least. Not sure he's a lottery pick, but not sure the Spurs would wait for a player they want.
    I definitely think he's on our radar...12 is a little to high but it's not a huge reach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman isn't worth what you think he is.
    wiseman imo is better than you think he is.
    Wiseman’s development timeline is out of sync with the Warriors needs. So if PATFO think they can develop him then it could be a huge win. If not, you still have 7. The fact that Wiseman’s advanced stats are so bad he probably spends his 1st year in Austin learning how to play basketball. So GS doesn’t have time to see if he develops. SA does. In this scenario it seems like a low risk/high return scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They aren't trying to 'get rid of him' ...they are trying to turn him into a more ready to win now player that fits their timeline.
    He's absolutey nowhere near ready to play NBA basketball. I'm not sure he's ready to play college basketball. This is the problem of drafting guys who run away from organized basketball and hide to protect their draft stock.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone mentioned Delano Banton earlier. I’m a Nebraska grad, and unless something changes dramatically, he just doesn’t have NBA skills or athleticism. I get the allure of a 6-9 point forward, but he has poor agility and is an awful shooter.

He’s like a homeless man version of Kyle Anderson.

As a Nebraska grad, I was really hoping we’d take Isaiah Roby.
    Good insight. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy had Obi Toppin going #2 last year to Golden State and Avdija at #5. I'm glad he's his own man, but I think maybe he enjoys a bit of shock value in his mocks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...rnets-at-no-3/

Damn... Obi at 2? Maybe I should be psyched he has Springer at #27 then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An interesting take on a mock draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...st-nba-career/

While I don't agree with everything here - it's a refreshing read compared to other mocks.

Not trying to reignite a Jaden Springer convo. - (honestly, this gentlemen has him at #27 fwiw). This Q. is purely rhetorical - but how does he not sound like a lottery pick?
    Wow. That seems like an insane mock. Ziaire Williams at #6? Kuminga at 13?? Probably trying to generate clicks. I guess it worked. But the analysis has some merits for sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good insight. Thanks.
    That said, what I read after he decided to stay in the draft was that he was shooting well in workouts, but he was a poor 3 point shooter and FT shooter, so I don’t have much hope for him as a legit prospect. Maybe he’s worth a look on a two-way contract. He’s a good kid. Very unselfish. Coachable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn... Obi at 2? Maybe I should be psyched he has Springer at #27 then.
    I think we're the only ones on Springer island. I'll accept that. He's sort of like Tyrese Maxey was for me last year. I saw great potential and saw him as undervalued, but I understand the hesitancy to take him with the Spurs pick even if I don't totally agree with that logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roko Prkacin is also interesting as potentially in the early 2nd round. Does seem to overlap with Samanac in ways, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, what I read after he decided to stay in the draft was that he was shooting well in workouts, but he was a poor 3 point shooter and FT shooter, so I don’t have much hope for him as a legit prospect. Maybe he’s worth a look on a two-way contract. He’s a good kid. Very unselfish. Coachable.
    Exactly. A camp invite. His passing could be very helpful. I don't see the team targeting anyone with that specific skill set, but I think it's very needed, almost as much as outside shooting. Or they could play Trey more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roko Prkacin is also interesting as potentially in the early 2nd round. Does seem to overlap with Samanac in ways, though.
    That archetype is the new NBA in a sense. Tall players with guard skills. I'd be ok with him in the 2nd if he lasts that long. There's also Vrenz, but I've lost interest in him as he seems to lack the physical skills to compete on the NBA level, but we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That archetype is the new NBA in a sense. Tall players with guard skills. I'd be ok with him in the 2nd if he lasts that long. There's also Vrenz, but I've lost interest in him as he seems to lack the physical skills to compete on the NBA level, but we'll see.
    It only takes three minutes in this video to see why Vrenz shouldn’t be an NBA player. And I used to be high on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon updated their mock today. Giddey at 12 for the Spurs. Kai fell all the way down to 26.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Filip has been mocked late first round the whole year so I never considered him being there by our 2nd round pick. He would be a good pick. Plays like John Collins for less than a tenth of the cost. A big who is a shooter everywhere on the court, not just 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only takes three minutes in this video to see why Vrenz shouldn’t be an NBA player. And I used to be high on him.
    He's a guy the Spurs would have drafted at the end of the 2nd and see how he develops overseas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Filip has been mocked late first round the whole year so I never considered him being there by our 2nd round pick. He would be a good pick. Plays like John Collins for less than a tenth of the cost. A big who is a shooter everywhere on the court, not just 3s.
    If SAS goes wing or guard with the first pick, I'd love for them to go with Petrusev or another front court guy with the 2nd. I think a few good prospects will drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SAS goes wing or guard with the first pick, I'd love for them to go with Petrusev or another front court guy with the 2nd. I think a few good prospects will drop.

Not bad. I like the highlights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. The guy averaged 21 and 7 against grown men. Looks to have good basketball fundamentals. Hard not to peg him as a dark horse pick in the 2nd round to have decent success in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Petrusev played for Gonzaga then went pro, so he's played on both levels. He wasn't a three point shooter in college, but hits at .41 with three attempts per in the Adriatic -- although that's not considered a great league, afaik.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Petrusev played for Gonzaga then went pro, so he's played on both levels. He wasn't a three point shooter in college, but hits at .41 with three attempts per in the Adriatic -- although that's not considered a great league, afaik.
    From google:

Jusuf Nurkic (16th Draft pick), Nikola Jokic (41st Draft pick), Ivica Zubac ( 32nd Draft pick) and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (24thDraft pick) are 4 players that directly went in the NBA from Adriatic league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From google:

Jusuf Nurkic (16th Draft pick), Nikola Jokic (41st Draft pick), Ivica Zubac ( 32nd Draft pick) and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot (24thDraft pick) are 4 players that directly went in the NBA from Adriatic league.
    Not saying it's a league, it's not the Israeli league, but it's a step down from some of the others.

Thread Information