Page 127 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the reasoning behind all the Evan Mobley hype. He seems like a possible drop out of the top 10 kind of guy in this years draft.
    wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, there’s more incentive for writers to overhype prospects, than to do the opposite and on them (even though it may be more truthful). Doing the latter will make you unpopular with readers, as readers are typically irrationally in love with prospects… as we’ve seen on this board.
    I think you're on to something. Let's make one small change . . .

IMO, there’s more incentive for [internet forum posters] to overhype prospects, than to do the opposite and on them (even though it may be more truthful). Doing the latter will make you unpopular with readers, as readers are typically irrationally in love with prospects… as we’ve seen on this board.
    Just kiddin ya man. Keep up the good work and sayin what you believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're on to something. Let's make one small change . . .

Just kiddin ya man. Keep up the good work and sayin what you believe.
    There was a good example of a blog that was freely slagging top picks when the writer thought they were overrated. It definitely happens. In our society too many others are trying to beef their 'cred' and clicks at the expense of actually do what their jobs entail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another common flaw boards or writers have is not acknowledging their errors of the past.

It’s hard for people to admit when they’re wrong. And I get it, no one wants to be wrong.

I was wrong about Vassell last year and I used that experience to be better this year. You can reflect on such things and adjust how you weigh things. Last year, I was high on players who were big and looked like they had switchability. If I didn’t learn anything from last year, I would be high on Kai this year. I suspect a lot of people who follow the draft don’t keep track of the little things. I’m always about learning from past mistakes. What mistakes in your scouting of prospects did you learn from last year? How can that information shape your assessment of players this year? These are the questions to ask. It’s called growth.

I will probably learn something this year and be wrong about guys like Jaden. I doubt it but we will see. The important thing is being able to learn a lesson from it. It’s not about right or wrong. This isn’t middle school.

GROWTH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody at the Warriors facility per IG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another common flaw boards or writers have is not acknowledging their errors of the past.

It’s hard for people to admit when they’re wrong. And I get it, no one wants to be wrong.

I was wrong about Vassell last year and I used that experience to be better this year. You can reflect on such things and adjust how you weigh things. Last year, I was high on players who were big and looked like they had switchability. If I didn’t learn anything from last year, I would be high on Kai this year. I suspect a lot of people who follow the draft don’t keep track of the little things. I’m always about learning from past mistakes. What mistakes in your scouting of prospects did you learn from last year? How can that information shape your assessment of players this year? These are the questions to ask. It’s called growth.

I will probably learn something this year and be wrong about guys like Jaden. I doubt it but we will see. The important thing is being able to learn a lesson from it. It’s not about right or wrong. This isn’t middle school.

GROWTH.
    Nice! Thank you for all the nice info you posted!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're at it can we have DJ + 12 for Evan Mobley.
    I already accepted the fact that he'll likely be a Rocket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie Barnes at Thunder facility per Twitter (not that he had any chance of dropping but it gives insight on how the draft order could go)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the reasoning behind all the Evan Mobley hype. He seems like a possible drop out of the top 10 kind of guy in this years draft.
    He won't make it past #2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scottie Barnes at Thunder facility per Twitter (not that he had any chance of dropping but it gives insight on how the draft order could go)
    I'd trade up for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GROWTH.
    Dejounte, with all due respect, you haven’t learnt nearly enough then.

Your issue is treating current prospects in comparison with players of year/s past based on your own personal experiences.
    Ie. the lack of said players achieving initial NBA success, or discounting them due to having similar physical characteristic overlaps.
    Basically, you’ve decided to take a “once bitten, twice shy” stance.

The thing is though, every player/prospect is unique. Every single one has a chance to bust or succeed. The odds though, are not always equal.

Sure, there can be overlapping skills, physical characteristics, perhaps even personality traits but their journey is by and large their own.

Would the Spurs avoid drafting a “Kawhi Leonard” type (hard working, loyal, introverted, family oriented, great athlete) because of what he evolved into? (Myopic, distrusting, selfish).
    I would say no.

If you start drawing lines in the sand on prospects because what you thought someone was last year was not what they are now, you’re going to miss out on some potentially extraordinary discoveries.

The Spurs bet on high character guys first. It doesn’t always work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte, with all due respect, you haven’t learnt nearly enough then.

Your issue is treating current prospects in comparison with players of year/s past based on your own personal experiences.
    Ie. the lack of said players achieving initial NBA success, or discounting them due to having similar physical characteristic overlaps.
    Basically, you’ve decided to take a “once bitten, twice shy” stance.

The thing is though, every player/prospect is unique. Every single one has a chance to bust or succeed. The odds though, are not always equal.

Sure, there can be overlapping skills, physical characteristics, perhaps even personality traits but their journey is by and large their own.

Would the Spurs avoid drafting a “Kawhi Leonard” type (hard working, loyal, introverted, family oriented, great athlete) because of what he evolved into? (Myopic, distrusting, selfish).
    I would say no.

If you start drawing lines in the sand on prospects because what you thought someone was last year was not what they are now, you’re going to miss out on some potentially extraordinary discoveries.

The Spurs bet on high character guys first. It doesn’t always work out.

It’s a joke if you think I go as far back as one year or that it’s as simple of an evaluation of going through very vague attributes of past players. I look at much more data than that. And to have an overly optimistic view of “every player can make it” is just not a realistic point of view when I’ve laid out the percentages of how very few players make it. I deal with data and facts, granted the data always change from year to year and that’s why I say I adjust my analysis every year in an attempt to get closer every year. It’s not always a fresh batch of players every year with no prior experience to learn from. That’s how you always end up with busts and forgetting about them years later. I don’t ever recall you bringing up past players you were wrong about and learning from them. If that’s your approach, then it is what it is. I just don’t think it’s very reliable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if anyone here is exposed to agile concepts, but here you go

The
    Agile methodology is a way to manage a project by breaking it up into several phases. It involves constant collaboration with stakeholders and continuous improvement at every stage. Once the work begins, teams cycle through a process of planning, executing, and evaluating.

I deal a lot with this and statistics professionally, as well as a load of other things

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonathan Kuminga worked out for the Cavaliers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jay Huff worked out for the Spurs per Jeff Garcia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, we don't have to worry about the Warriors choosing Kai then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, we don't have to worry about the Warriors choosing Kai then
    "Yeah, we're not really sure why we invited you."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dejounte, a question - have you heard about Sengun working out for any team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dejounte, a question - have you heard about Sengun working out for any team?
    He looks like he’s just been training in Miami for awhile now. Either he’s confident about his draft position or someone made him a promise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun signed with Excel Sports agency

notable names with that agency

James Wiseman
    Saddiq Bey
    Khris Middleton
    Drew Eubanks
    McCollom
    John Collins
    Andre Drummond
    Kevin Love
    Kemba Walker
    Aaron Nesmith
    Onyeka Okongwu
    Jamal Murray
    Jokic

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mobley’s USC vs Bouknight’s UConn. Evan involved in every play while James had 3 in 3 attempts from 3 pt in the first 5 minutes of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As I previously mentioned, my two main concerns are: perimeter defense and lack of size to be an effective interior defender.

I think I can buy his shot. It looks pure. So if he’s got that down, he’s really only have two things to prove in his career. The second one he really can’t do anything, but the first one he has a chance. Or maybe not if his hips just don’t allow him to. Overall, still a decent prospect even if he doesn’t overcome these things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets go sengun!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like he’s just been training in Miami for awhile now. Either he’s confident about his draft position or someone made him a promise.

I think he met or will meet some teams, same things for the workouts. He finished with Turkey NT just a few days ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun signed with Excel Sports agency

notable names with that agency

James Wiseman
    Saddiq Bey
    Khris Middleton
    Drew Eubanks
    McCollom
    John Collins
    Andre Drummond
    Kevin Love
    Kemba Walker
    Aaron Nesmith
    Onyeka Okongwu
    Jamal Murray
    Jokic
    Those are some serious players, at least, not like the Klutch Klown Show.

Thread Information