Page 144 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although that’s just one guy’s opinion same as each one of ours, I have warmed up to Giddey after my initial impression of him. He’s very young, younger than most and already has some translatable skills. Needs to add to his shooting game yada yada yada, but he’s an ok gamble.

I might be disappointed if he’s still not playing his second season, I hope one season is good enough to work on his game. Frankly I want to see the Spurs youngins play together sooner rather than later. I do think he’s a good upside pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey does have that feel of a Spurs pick with one week to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Could be a trade back candidate. Doubt he makes to #41.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Although that’s just one guy’s opinion same as each one of ours, I have warmed up to Giddey after my initial impression of him. He’s very young, younger than most and already has some translatable skills. Needs to add to his shooting game yada yada yada, but he’s an ok gamble.

I might be disappointed if he’s still not playing his second season, I hope one season is good enough to work on his game. Frankly I want to see the Spurs youngins play together sooner rather than later. I do think he’s a good upside pick.
    I think you said your reservations before about him projecting to be a lesser version of Kyle Anderson because of his poor defense and lack of size?

i think fans of his, or at least myself, are betting on is his vision to be outstanding and on par with the elite players of the NBA. Kyle, while good, never quite reached that level with his passing.

the underrated side of Giddey is his extreme confidence in his abilities. Common flaw among prospects is that they’re so unsure of themselves when they first get on the court. I dont think Giddey will have that problem. It’s even a problem for older young guys and probably the greatest obstacle for them reaching their potential.

another thing is ball handling. I believe his skills in that area is quite advanced. Yes, he does turn the ball over. But I don’t necessarily think ball handling and ball security are the same thing. I think we can look at DJ for that and he had a natural ability to handle the ball but he was not very good taking care of the ball. If we look at this past season, it’s like night and day. He had one of the best ast/to ratio in the league. Anyway, what’s important is that Giddey is very similar in this regard and might actually be a bit more of a street baller compared to DJ. At 6’8” and with that kind of ball handling ability, it will enable him to be a shot creator at some point in his career. That’s what excites me most about his upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're going to go with Giddey, again if Kuminga makes it to 7, might as well offer White for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they're going to go with Giddey, again if Kuminga makes it to 7, might as well offer White for it.
    White for Kuminga? Kuminga will never be the above average player Derrick White is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White for Kuminga? Kuminga will never be the above average player Derrick White is.
    Probably not, but he's boom or bust. Above average and conservative isn't getting this team anywhere.

White is 27 and injury prone. This team needs young, high upside talent in the worst way.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m burnt out from watching these prospects. Literally can’t watch anymore footage on these guys.
    You have more than put in the work. Much appreciate all your draft posts.

Now just sit back and enjoy the ride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably not, but he's boom or bust. Above average and conservative isn't getting this team anywhere.

White is 27 and injury prone. This team needs young, high upside talent in the worst way.
    I wouldn't draft Kuminga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this talk of Sengun is making me wonder if we’ve given up on Milutinov.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you said your reservations before about him projecting to be a lesser version of Kyle Anderson because of his poor defense and lack of size?

i think fans of his, or at least myself, are betting on is his vision to be outstanding and on par with the elite players of the NBA. Kyle, while good, never quite reached that level with his passing.

the underrated side of Giddey is his extreme confidence in his abilities. Common flaw among prospects is that they’re so unsure of themselves when they first get on the court. I dont think Giddey will have that problem. It’s even a problem for older young guys and probably the greatest obstacle for them reaching their potential.

another thing is ball handling. I believe his skills in that area is quite advanced. Yes, he does turn the ball over. But I don’t necessarily think ball handling and ball security are the same thing. I think we can look at DJ for that and he had a natural ability to handle the ball but he was not very good taking care of the ball. If we look at this past season, it’s like night and day. He had one of the best ast/to ratio in the league. Anyway, what’s important is that Giddey is very similar in this regard and might actually be a bit more of a street baller compared to DJ. At 6’8” and with that kind of ball handling ability, it will enable him to be a shot creator at some point in his career. That’s what excites me most about his upside.
    That's what made Manu, Manu.
    Never to be underestimated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this talk of Sengun is making me wonder if we’ve given up on Milutinov.
    Ha ha ha ha!!! You still hold out hope?
    That ship sailed homie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Making a late case for Giddey lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mid-hair game is crap.
    Commit to either short, or long.

I vote for long. You can play lots of games with long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year there weren’t any rumblings of the spurs being interested in Devin Vassell right? Makes you wonder if any of the guys the spurs have worked out this time around if they’re even actually interested in them or not lol

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    garuba is, like most of the picks at the 12 spot, not without his blemishes and his is on offense-he may never excel on that end of the floor with the exception of his passing (and moving without the ball). sengun's is on defense-because the question becomes who can he guard? duarte's is age and playmaking or passing, murphy is weak shooting off the dribble and he's not the best ball handler, giddey has no length and is an inconsistent shooter (like sengun, although sengun has better mechanics and great footwork)...and so on.

Very true.

Transcendent talent potential at #12: Sengun, Giddey, Jalen Johnson. #12 comes with more flaws and bust potential, obviously. And I’ve tried to find a way to consider Jalen Johnson and I just don’t see it.

Garuba is not a transcendent talent but could be in the league over ten years and could be very useful as a trading piece to a contender. Also his shot may already be trending up. Also, I think he can contribute day 1, whereas most 19 year olds can’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year there weren’t any rumblings of the spurs being interested in Devin Vassell right? Makes you wonder if any of the guys the spurs have worked out this time around if they’re even actually interested in them or not lol
    Two names I would expect the Spurs to work out, who to my knowledge haven’t yet, are Kispert and Moody.

Charlotte seems to be one of the stops before SA for the Klutch guys.

If we don’t hear news over the next few days concerning that duo, could very well be something there.

____

Kai fans only need apply here - watched the Moody Charlotte interview and they asked him how Kai would fit in Charlotte.
    Paraphrasing a little here:

“My guy, my 2-on-2 partner. Can just throw the ball up anywhere, my eyes closed and know he’s going to get it.
    Underrated side of his game is he can really step out on the perimeter and play. Can handle it, make shots, plays like a wing there.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two names I would expect the Spurs to work out, who to my knowledge haven’t yet, are Kispert and Moody.

Charlotte seems to be one of the stops before SA for the Klutch guys.

If we don’t hear news over the next few days concerning that duo, could very well be something there.

____

Kai fans only need apply here - watched the Moody Charlotte interview and they asked him how Kai would fit in Charlotte.
    Paraphrasing a little here:

“My guy, my 2-on-2 partner. Can just throw the ball up anywhere, my eyes closed and know he’s going to get it.
    Underrated side of his game is he can really step out on the perimeter and play. Can handle it, make shots, plays like a wing there.”
    Bad news! Charlotte is going to pick my Kai Jones!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuminga might even drop to 12.

Lots of talk about how he had zero improvement from high school to g-league or even getting worse. Add in the whispers about his age and who knows?

Halliburton fell unexpectedly, so have many others. All it takes is a couple of teams going another way and then the next few teams pass because they're already in love with the prospects they were expecting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd that the Spurs haven't worked out two of the best shooters in that area of the draft (that we know of).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd that the Spurs haven't worked out two of the best shooters in that area of the draft (that we know of).
    theyve worked out Kispert or were you referring to someone else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad news! Charlotte is going to pick my Kai Jones!
    Never say never.

- NBADraft.net (not sure on their credibility anymore), suggests they are really into Isaiah Jackson and may trade back as a result. Would explain why he had 2 workouts there.
    - There is also hometown kid, Jaden Springer, (who many of the Draft Twitter-verse love), suggest he would be the perfect b/c mate to pair with LaMelo. Also a trade back candidate.
    - Also the opp. for Spurs to trade up to 7, or 10 (if they like him enough that is) - to snag him there.

Could also be just as simple as the Spurs were never really interested in Kai at all or they're convinced he's too far away from contributing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you haven't watched this interivew with Giddey, take a moment to at least watch the first few minutes. He has his deficiencies, but it's rare to hear an eighteen year-old be able to talk about basketball with so much per acity.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The deeper I look into Keon Johnson the more I'm starting to warm up to him. His interviews make him sound like a Spur type. His shot doesn't look broken, and he has some good touch off the dribble in the mid-range. His floor may not be all that low as he is arguably the best athlete in the draft and should automatically be a really good defender who brings energy. He is great at running the court and would fit in with our young core. His shot and handle are his biggest questionable area, but if he can develop those he has as much upside as we may find in that area of the draft. Could also be Lonnie insurance, if Lonnie doesnt improve his finishing around the rim and become more engaged. Keon would provide all the athleticism with a big improvement on defense and is an underrated passer.

Thread Information