Page 15 of 171 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A name I have not heard was mentioned in a mock draft for the Spurs - Johnny Juzang 6’6 SF from UCLA
    Basically DDR with a 3pt shot. Even played AAU for Compton. I could see it it working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically DDR with a 3pt shot. Even played AAU for Compton. I could see it it working.
    In what way is he like DeMar? DeMar has one of the best handles for a wing. This guy is mostly a catch and shoot player, or sometimes a stop and pop shooter.

Edit: also, he looks really slow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what way is he like DeMar? DeMar has one of the best handles for a wing. This guy is mostly a catch and shoot player, or sometimes a stop and pop shooter.

DeMar didn’t come into the league with handles.

What I like about Juzang is that he has no fear. The moment is never too big for him. YOU CANNOT TEACH THAT. He’s got that dog in him, like Keldon. If he comes out, would be an awesome second rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was supposed to be an amazing free agent season AND an amazing & deep draft. Might not be either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar didn’t come into the league with handles.

What I like about Juzang is that he has no fear. The moment is never too big for him. YOU CANNOT TEACH THAT. He’s got that dog in him, like Keldon. If he comes out, would be an awesome second rounder.
    That's fair, but I'm still trying to figure out how exactly does he share any similarities with DeMar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair, but I'm still trying to figure out how exactly does he share any similarities with DeMar.
    He’s from LA, and attended a PAC-12 school in town for one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s from LA, and attended a PAC-12 school in town for one year.
    Oh okay....then I'll say Cade Cunningham is basically Tony Allen with playmaking ability. They both went to Oklahoma State.

... doesn't make sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Here's what I see that make his game similar to DDR

6'7" from LA
    Shoot-first player
    Hoists a lot of midrange jumpshots
    Not defense oriented
    Ball dominant

Granted, he came to UCLA as a catch and shoot guy, but, he did a lot of damage off the dribble in the tourney

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh okay....then I'll say Cade Cunningham is basically Tony Allen with playmaking ability. They both went to Oklahoma State.

... doesn't make sense
    Cade Cunningham wishes he could defend like Tony Allen tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

... doesn't make sense
    Oh, I forgot the blue font...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-mock...vion-mitc /

I find this new aggregate mock interesting for the Spurs. There are at least 4 guys available at the #12 pick that offer something we could use here. Obviously, my favorite of the bunch is Wagner but, Giddey, Johnson, and even Kispert with his marksmanship have a skill that would help here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-mock...vion-mitc /

I find this new aggregate mock interesting for the Spurs. There are at least 4 guys available at the #12 pick that offer something we could use here. Obviously, my favorite of the bunch is Wagner but, Giddey, Johnson, and even Kispert with his marksmanship have a skill that would help here.
    Johnson’s family would never tolerate the Spurs development program. He transferred for his senior year of HS to the IMG academy, and lasted only 6 games. He committed to Duke, and lasted 13. It would be worse than Uncle Dennis, because it would start immediately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson’s family would never tolerate the Spurs development program. He transferred for his senior year of HS to the IMG academy, and lasted only 6 games. He committed to Duke, and lasted 13. It would be worse than Uncle Dennis, because it would start immediately.
    I understand the red flags with him but everyone at that point on tge draft will have red flags. They will just have to interview and do their due diligence and see if the reality of the character stuff is as bad as the perception seems to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO if Johnson is there, you take him and don't look back, but I have a feeling come draft time he's going to shoot up the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna cringe so hard if Jalen turns out to be a Kyrie-type media personality

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand by my opinion. Barring us jumping into the top 5, if Sengun is there, DRAFT HIM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand by my opinion. Barring us jumping into the top 5, if Sengun is there, DRAFT HIM.
    i'm with you, i may have Scottie Barnes ( Physical tools, ceiling, point foward capacity) ahead of him if he's available when we draft.

Jalen Johnson is ahead of theam also but the concerns about his mentality are a red flag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMHO if Johnson is there, you take him and don't look back, but I have a feeling come draft time he's going to shoot up the board.
    Praying dog

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the red flags with him but everyone at that point on tge draft will have red flags. They will just have to interview and do their due diligence and see if the reality of the character stuff is as bad as the perception seems to be.
    Very few players have character red flags. The last one I can remember was KPJ. He almost dropped out of the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alperen, for me, is a way better prospect than someone like Greg Brown or Kai Jones. Alperen has some sneaky athleticism and can be that rim running athletic forward who has good timing and can give you put back dunks. So if we consider that that's what he'll give us at the minimum, all the post-ups and other stuff is gravy. I'm yearning for a playmaking type prospect, but wouldn't be disappointed with a player who plays inside and has post move skills to get you easy shots.

That being said, he'll probably go higher than we all expect. Seriously think the Thunder will be interested.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very few players have character red flags. The last one I can remember was KPJ. He almost dropped out of the first round.
    Yes, but we are working on limited information. The FO will have much more after they do their deeper dive... I'm not making a conclusion about the character issues... I'm open to whatever the research turns up because the talent is there...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alperen, for me, is a way better prospect than someone like Greg Brown or Kai Jones. Alperen has some sneaky athleticism and can be that rim running athletic forward who has good timing and can give you put back dunks. So if we consider that that's what he'll give us at the minimum, all the post-ups and other stuff is gravy. I'm yearning for a playmaking type prospect, but wouldn't be disappointed with a player who plays inside and has post move skills to get you easy shots.

That being said, he'll probably go higher than we all expect. Seriously think the Thunder will be interested.
    +1

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SI and Bleacher? I’m sold!
    Ringer and Athletic has him at 8th.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ringer and Athletic has him at 8th.
    He's also 8th in the aggregate of polls.. he's a developmental guy with tons of upside and considerable bust potential... I think he goes before we pick and I'm personally not a fan but, there is a certain logic behind swinging for the fences based on his upside.

Thread Information