Page 168 of 171 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 4267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i still dont understand how EVERY prospect except Franz is okay with revealing which teams they’ve worked out for. EVERY prospect. Franz must want to really go to that team bad. But why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know around what time the 12th pick will be on draft day? Just trying to plan out my Thursday night.
    If the draft starts at 8:00 PM, I was estimating the Spurs would be picking at 9:00 PM. Is that a reasonable estimate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm reading that this his draft is a 4 player draft. After that it's up in the air. The difference between 12 and 7 isn't steep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the draft starts at 8:00 PM, I was estimating the Spurs would be picking at 9:00 PM. Is that a reasonable estimate?
    They’ll probably go to commercials while the Spurs picked is called so you won’t miss much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am eating Wiggins contract I am wanting the 7th and keeping our 12th pick for sure - I would throw in Derozz for Wiggins and there 7th and 15th pick - then trade a team for our 12th or 15th pick for year 2022 or 23
    They donít want salary back. That is the purpose to sending assets WITH Wiggins. Try to think of trades using those parameters.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know around what time the 12th pick will be on draft day? Just trying to plan out my Thursday night.
    You know what's funny, in several drafts I've noticed that right when its the spurs turn to pick, they go to a commercial break. I know it happens to other teams, but it happens to the spurs a lot. Coincidence ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not very long now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont get an iphone
    Word.
    Appreciated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 pm ET... So 7 pm CT...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 Day until the Draft!... 1 Day and 8 hrs actually...

5 Days until Free Agency!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From SI latest intel…

“As previously reported here, the Spurs have angled to move up in the draft and into the top 10. It’s worth noting they have historically been content to stand pat on draft night. The Spurs have spent the past few years developing their young perimeter players, and Keldon Johnson in particular looks like a keeper, but it’s been rumored that they aren’t necessarily attached at the hip to players like Dejounte Murray and Lonnie Walker. In this scenario they go best-available and select Moody, whose range begins at No. 8 and ends at No. 15 or so.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i still dont understand how EVERY prospect except Franz is okay with revealing which teams theyíve worked out for. EVERY prospect. Franz must want to really go to that team bad. But why?
    This is a courting process a lot of it even talked about with the agent who is looking to land the player in the best situation for them, where they will get the most playing time, and opportunity to highlight their skills, etc.

He could be concealing special workouts heís had in private because he may be part of a trade. Since that trade may not occur they will have asked him to keep things to himself. He knows who has interest in him, but not whether trades will happen in the end, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner having a promise to the Warriors at 7 makes a lot of sense, IMO. As a win-now piece for Golden State, Wagner is a strong fit. He gives them talented size they've been missing and someone who doesn't need the ball to make an impact. From Wagner's perspective, he was unlikely to go in the top 6 and would be going to a really good situation, so it would have been a no-brainer to accept the promise.

A promise to the Kings at 9? Yeah, no, that'd be hard to believe. The Kings settling for a low ceiling player way before the draft and Wagner going to the Kings on purpose are both unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 pm ET... So 7 pm CT...
    Damn it’s my kid’s blackbelt ceremony. Guess we’ll just drop by at the master’s house to get it

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner worked out for 7-10. Givony said on a podcast. Lowe post i think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner having a promise to the Warriors at 7 makes a lot of sense, IMO. As a win-now piece for Golden State, Wagner is a strong fit. He gives them talented size they've been missing and someone who doesn't need the ball to make an impact. From Wagner's perspective, he was unlikely to go in the top 6 and would be going to a really good situation, so it would have been a no-brainer to accept the promise.

A promise to the Kings at 9? Yeah, no, that'd be hard to believe. The Kings settling for a low ceiling player way before the draft and Wagner going to the Kings on purpose are both unlikely.
    That makes way more sense, assuming GS doesn’t trade the pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn it’s my kid’s blackbelt ceremony. Guess we’ll just drop by at the master’s house to get it
    Dude! Go to your kid's ceremony, nothing you do will affect the draft results and you can read about it on spurstalk later...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude! Go to your kid's ceremony, nothing you do will affect the draft results and you can read about it on spurstalk later...

he will miss the real time epic meltdown in the draft thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will miss the real time epic meltdown in the draft thread
    Once you've seen one epic spurstalk meltdown, you've seen them all. The draft meltdown is an annual event, happens every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who will we leave on the board that infuriates part of the fanbase? I’m guessing either Kai or Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wonder the degree to which the win now mode is dissuading these prospects from GSW, in secret tbh. Coach Kerr basically threw Wiseman under the bus for good reason, but still. He was rumored to be traded even before being picked and his first season aside from being disappointing for a 1st round draft pick has him already rumored to be in trades again. Heís under immense pressure to develop quickly to fit a timeline thatís not his own. All these guys arenít ready for that pressure which is why I think GSW is expected to make some move. Itís not about the future for them.

And these guys canít be assured that they wonít be ditched after getting drafted for some win now move. Thatís just how it is. I wouldnít necessarily want to be drafted there for that reason, even after giving them the lip service of admiring their team, etc.

They have always been rumored to flip 7 for a win now player and keep 14. Anyways this is all speculation based on some reports. They may very well keep the pick bc they love Franz or Giddey or someone else like Bouknight.

I wonder if you missed an article I posted about how Halliburton and his agent really dissuaded other teams higher up in the draft from drafting him. He wanted to go to Sacramento bc they sold him in his fit, development, role etc.

Its not that cut and dried.

There are rumors swirling with Beal, and others around the league itís possible that pick is going to the Wizards after all for exampleÖ
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-28-2021 at 01:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if you missed an article I posted about how Halliburton and his agent really dissuaded other teams higher up in the draft from drafting him. He wanted to go to Sacramento bc they sold him in his fit, development, role etc.
    Eh, that rumor turned out to be BS. I think it was Givony who spread that rumor (if we're discussing the same rumor). The Kings were Haliburton's floor but he didn't angle is way to Sacramento: https://old.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...ought_i_could/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, that rumor turned out to be BS. I think it was Givony who spread that rumor (if we're discussing the same rumor). The Kings were Haliburton's floor but he didn't angle is way to Sacramento: https://old.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...ought_i_could/
    No I posted an article from a local news station in Sacramento tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF we stay at #12..we are gonna get someone good. I can see any of the following available:

Jalen Johnson
    Kai
    Giddey
    Moses
    Wagner
    Sengun
    Keon
    Bouknight

Last year's draft there was what 1-3 good scenarios?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once you've seen one epic spurstalk meltdown, you've seen them all. The draft meltdown is an annual event, happens every year.
    Its a glorious event. insert the Will Ferrell GIF from Zoolander..."Dear God...it's beautiful"

Thread Information