Page 2 of 171 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are UT fans thoughts on Greg Brown? Spurs will probably pick between 12-16
    I was pretty high on him, but watching him quit in the tournament with his eye towards the draft kinda soured my opinion on him. Just doesn't have a winning mentality imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how it works with the play in tournament ... if we end up at 9 or 10, but do play in, are lottery eligible? How does that work? I could see us sliding down to 10 unless the Pelicans or Sac rises in the standings ...
    Whatever the records are before the play in, the draft positions stay that way unless during the play-in a team outside of the top 8 knocks out a team in it, then they switch places.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are UT fans thoughts on Greg Brown? Spurs will probably pick between 12-16
    They got beat by Abilene Christian Academy YES they lost to Abilene Christian Academy-so most of my friends are in shock, disbelief, definitely need a Hug.

Brown played a total of I think 6 minutes and scored a nice big ZERO - Jones did better he scored 13pts in 18 minutes of playing time. At the beginning of the year they talked about Brown being a top 10 now I am pretty sure Kia gets drafted way before him who I think will land late first.
    Last edited by BackHome; 03-27-2021 at 02:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how it works with the play in tournament ... if we end up at 9 or 10, but do play in, are lottery eligible? How does that work? I could see us sliding down to 10 unless the Pelicans or Sac rises in the standings ...
    If you play in, you’re outside of the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if it's really worth it I'd package White and our pick to move up in this draft
    Yes please. The top of this draft is excellent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We miss someone in our list. We talked about him a few weeks ago in particular with dejounte : Jeremiah Robinson Earl.

He's playing now vs Butler, i'm sure he'll be a legit nba player in some years, he can do pretty everything : rebound, pass, can shoot the three tough it's a work in progress, high IQ, good post player..

He's in my short list with Sengun, Wagner, Prkacin, Jalen Johnson and i have Isaiah Jackson just after that group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We miss someone in our list. We talked about him a few weeks ago in particular with dejounte : Jeremiah Robinson Earl.

He's playing now vs Butler, i'm sure he'll be a legit nba player in some years, he can do pretty everything : rebound, pass, can shoot the three tough it's a work in progress, high IQ, good post player..

He's in my short list with Sengun, Wagner, Prkacin, Jalen Johnson and i have Isaiah Jackson just after that group.

Kind of looks like Aaron Gordon out there... Definitely looks like your typical new age PF.

I would trade down for him if his stock doesn't rise (it probably will) and if there's no one good at our spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched (am watching) Baylor for the first time this season today... those two guards look interesting to me. Should be lower than we pick but, still interesting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They play that D and are smooth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kind of looks like Aaron Gordon out there... Definitely looks like your typical new age PF.

I would trade down for him if his stock doesn't rise (it probably will) and if there's no one good at our spot.
    The good is that they will be eliminated by baylor tonight so no more games to showcase his skills. He will be somewhere between 8 and 15 imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on where we land in the draft, I like Kispert and Wagner. Both guys look like they don't need to spend 2 plus years in Austin developing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched (am watching) Baylor for the first time this season today... those two guards look interesting to me. Should be lower than we pick but, still interesting...

Yes Butler and Mitc they both projected as late first for the moment, they look good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes Butler and Mitc they both projected as late first for the moment, they look good.
    Yep, I also like that they are so different from each other... if you're looking for a pg in that range you can consider fit since the talent level is similar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Alperen Sengun falls to us, we should draft him and run away laughing at other teams stupidity. That kid should be considered as part of the top 6 players in this draft...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Alperen Sengun falls to us, we should draft him and run away laughing at other teams stupidity. That kid should be considered as part of the top 6 players in this draft...
    He's 18 and RAW AF. He'll be lucky to get drafted. Sign him to a 10 day after the draft and let him develop in the G-League, maybe on a 2-way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's 18 and RAW AF. He'll be lucky to get drafted. Sign him to a 10 day after the draft and let him develop in the G-League, maybe on a 2-way.
    Are you sure you know what you're talking about. Sure, he's 18... he's also the Turkish league MVP. He'd be a high school senior over here... and that's a much tougher league than the NCAA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If SA actually landed in the top 10, I'd want Scottie Barnes or Kispert.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    if they identify someone in the top 5 who is an actual franchise changing talent- everyone should be on the table.
    Yup. No one on the current roster is irreplaceable. If there's someone they really like, offer anyone on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raw is totally the opposite than what he is, you would not find a lot of skilled player like him at the same age. There is a reason why he is a top 15 ESPN prospect or in the top 20 in a lot of mocks.

Imo you just did not know him or you're blind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raw is totally the opposite than what he is, you would not find a lot of skilled player like him at the same age. There is a reason why he is a top 15 ESPN prospect or in the top 20 in a lot of mocks.

Imo you just did not know him or you're blind.
    I don't know him and have not seen him play. I'm going off what I've been able to find on him. Hasn't been a whole lot. But what I did find has a lot for him to work on, which makes sense as he is only 18.

It's possible they pull a Sammy and take him unexpectedly in the first, but from what I read, I wouldn't expect that. Does anyone have vids on him to share what they mean about him being worth a top 6 pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know him and have not seen him play. I'm going off what I've been able to find on him. Hasn't been a whole lot. But what I did find has a lot for him to work on, which makes sense as he is only 18.

It's possible they pull a Sammy and take him unexpectedly in the first, but from what I read, I wouldn't expect that. Does anyone have vids on him to share what they mean about him being worth a top 6 pick?
    Not sure about him being top 6.

What is your definition of raw anyway?

To me, it's those players with all the athleticism in the world but have no skill.

Alperen has a ton of skill and exhibits great basketball IQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To me, it's those players with all the athleticism in the world but have no skill.

By Raw, I mean he has lots to work on both offensively and defensively from what I read. He's not polished on either end.

Having a high BBIQ is very Spur-ish. How many years would it take for an unfinished 18 yo to play meaningful min on the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By Raw, I mean he has lots to work on both offensively and defensively from what I read. He's not polished on either end.

Having a high BBIQ is very Spur-ish. How many years would it take for an unfinished 18 yo to play meaningful min on the team?
    Third year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your definition covers most players in the draft. If you’re 19, your drive is probably straight line, you have no rocker step move, and you don’t use the triple threat position. In addition, you’re probably not physically ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your definition covers most players in the draft. If you’re 19, your drive is probably straight line, you have no rocker step move, and you don’t use the triple threat position. In addition, you’re probably not physically ready.
    I agree. There's only few players in this draft who I consider "least raw" if that's the better term, and one of them is Sengun.

Thread Information