Page 23 of 171 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody looks like a cross between Brandon Roy and Kawhi Leonard (blasphemous, I know) to me

A lot of the critique I see people had for Kawhi seem the same for Moody. Kawhi had a lot of offensive game in college. They just said he didn't look athletic enough or whatever.

Brandon Roy was one of my favorite players of all-time. Such a damn shame he got injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody looks like a cross between Brandon Roy and Kawhi Leonard (blasphemous, I know) to me

A lot of the critique I see people had for Kawhi seem the same for Moody. Kawhi had a lot of offensive game in college. They just said he didn't look athletic enough or whatever.

Brandon Roy was one of my favorite players of all-time. Such a damn shame he got injured.
    Moody's a nice looking player, but he's not Kawhi Leonard. He doesn't have the body or the physicality.

He looks a lot like Devin Vassel (which isn't a bad thing). He'll likely be good, but probably not a game-changer if that's what you're looking for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Imo he's more like less good Joe Johnson, Moody is a shooter , Kawhi was not and roy was not that so much in college but it's difficult to compare players. I understand what you mean about athletism and if you talk about that i can agree for moody. He's describe as a good athlete but not really good with lack of burst...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody's a nice looking player, but he's not Kawhi Leonard. He doesn't have the body or the physicality.

He looks a lot like Devin Vassel (which isn't a bad thing). He'll likely be good, but probably not a game-changer if that's what you're looking for.
    That's why I said "cross"

He could have a longer wingspan than we think:

Last edited by Dejounte; 04-22-2021 at 07:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn RIP...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn RIP...

Holy wow. He just signed with Klutch too. So much death lately, man. RIP

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was injured before he was drafted. Came in with health red flags. Portland could never seem to resist drafting those guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been lower on Moody than I should. I haven't watched tape on him but I did see him play in person in Fayetteville in a win against Mississippi State. He was just pedestrian in that game and MSU played awful. Maybe I've let that game influence my thinking more than it should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody will be long gone by the time the Spurs pick if we keep winning the way are. Was really hoping this team would crack the top 11 of the draft but that doesn’t appear likely anymore. New found confidence is likely going to put us somewhere between 14-16 smh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another outlier for Moody is that offensive rebounding for a wing at 2 a game, those are Butler and Kawhi numbers. And never though he is 5th in the NCAA in made free throws.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody will be long gone by the time the Spurs pick if we keep winning the way are. Was really hoping this team would crack the top 11 of the draft but that doesn’t appear likely anymore. New found confidence is likely going to put us somewhere between 14-16 smh.
    We won’t be any lower than 14. There is no way this team plays into the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won’t be any lower than 14. There is no way this team plays into the playoffs.
    Why not it's a 1 game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not it's a 1 game series.
    We’re bad at winning games that the other team is at all interested in, and it won’t be one game for us. We’re almost a lock to be #10, so we’d need to beat #9, and then beat the loser of #7/#8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 4/23/21 Tier List:

Tier 1 (no brainer, but also no chance of happening)
    Cade Cunningham
    Jonathan Kuminga
    Evan Mobley

Tier 2 (I would be happy)
    Franz Wagner
    Moses Moody
    Josh Giddey

Tier 3 (enough talent worth taking a shot on)
    Jalen Green
    Jalen Suggs
    James Bouknight
    Keon Johnson
    Alperen Sengun

Tier 4 (if everyone above is gone, might as well go high risk, high reward)
    Jalen Johnson
    Scottie Barnes
    Roko Prkacin
    Kai Jones

Tier 5 (High floor prospects)
    Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
    Chris Duarte
    Jaden Springer
    Davion Mitc
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Herb Jones

Tier 6 (Meh)
    Usman Garuba
    Filip Petrusev

Don't care for:
    Greg Brown
    Isaiah Jackson
    Corey Kispert
    Ziaire Williams
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-23-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 4/23/21 Tier List:

Cade Cunningham
    Jonathan Kuminga
    Evan Mobley

Franz Wagner
    Moses Moody
    Josh Giddey

Jalen Green
    James Bouknight
    Keon Johnson

Jalen Johnson
    Scottie Barnes
    Roko Prkacin
    Kai Jones

Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
    Chris Duarte
    Jaden Springer
    Davion Mitc
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Herb Jones

Tier 6 (Meh)
    Usman Garuba
    Filip Petrusev

Don't care for:
    Greg Brown
    Isaiah Jackson
    Corey Kispert
    Ziaire Williams
    Suggs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops! Tier 3 over Bouknight and Keon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oops! Tier 3 over Bouknight and Keon.
    Good deal...My tiers are fairly to that...I've got Jackson in the tier 4 and Kispert in the tier 5... still a little torn on Moody from lack of watching him on tape.... I like your list...good work..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 4/23/21 Tier List:

Cade Cunningham
    Jonathan Kuminga
    Evan Mobley

Franz Wagner
    Moses Moody
    Josh Giddey

Jalen Green
    Jalen Suggs
    James Bouknight
    Keon Johnson

Jalen Johnson
    Scottie Barnes
    Roko Prkacin
    Kai Jones

Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
    Chris Duarte
    Jaden Springer
    Davion Mitc
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Herb Jones

Tier 6 (Meh)
    Usman Garuba
    Filip Petrusev

Don't care for:
    Greg Brown
    Isaiah Jackson
    Corey Kispert
    Ziaire Williams
    Alperen Şengün still tier 3?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alperen Şengün still tier 3?
    Oh geez, forgot him too. Yeah, he'd be somewhere between tier 3 and 4. Probably after Keon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My 4/23/21 Tier List:

Cade Cunningham
    Jonathan Kuminga
    Evan Mobley
    I haven't watched all the G League games yet but from what I've seen, I agree that Kuminga would be a reaaaaally tempting player if the Spurs get into the top 4. His size, athleticism and skills with San Antonio's development staff? He'd have a very good chance of becoming a monster.

Jalen Green
    Jalen Suggs
    I can understand why Suggs is lower on your list. I like him (really like him, tbh) in general but on the Spurs, you'd pretty much need to trade away Murray and White to allow Suggs to run the show. Is he that good? I'm not convinced yet. That said, the lowest possible number he could be on my board is 5. The gulf between 5 and 6 in this draft is huge.

What makes you lower on Green? From what I've seen so far, he looks like the best pure scorer in the draft. You draft him and he's a natural replacement for DeRozan. Considering the Spurs need bulk scoring and Green's a bulk scorer, I could even understand if the Spurs pick him ahead of Kuminga.

Don't care for:
    Corey Kispert
    Not that I vehemently disagree, but why don't you like Kispert? Some things about him scare me away but, at the end of the day, he looks like a great shooter who can play SF. He'd also make it easier to wave goodbye to Mills.

Pretty much agree on Greg Brown, btw. Lowest basketball IQ and worst passer I've seen in a while. Maybe only Kabengele was as bad of a passer in the past three or four drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kessler Edwards declared for the draft. That's good news. Last year, a few analytic models gave him a first round grade. I took a deep dive then and was impressed. He went back for his junior year at Pepperdine and was even better. Now those analytic models are giving him a lottery grade. He doesn't have any buzz yet but I think he'll be a riser once teams start looking at the tape. He's 6-foot-8, shoots a ton of threes and hits ~40% of them, was an 88% free throw shooter as a junior, and fills the rest of the stat sheet. You don't see many 20-year-old 6-foot-8 players who are good athletes, hit threes in bunches and rack up rebounds, blocks and steals.

The only statistical issue with Edwards is low assist numbers -- but he also doesn't turn it over or foul, so it's a bit of a wash. The biggest question mark scouts will have is whether his three-point stroke will translate to the NBA. It's really ugly ... but it works and it's reasonably quick and the release point is reasonably high. I don't have much of a problem with it, tbh. I don't even think you have him try to fix it. He uses the same form consistently -- and that's more important.

I don't know if I could co-sign taking Edwards in the lottery ... but maybe. That said, if he's on the board when the Spurs pick in the second round, he's a no-brainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched all the G League games yet but from what I've seen, I agree that Kuminga would be a reaaaaally tempting player if the Spurs get into the top 4. His size, athleticism and skills with San Antonio's development staff? He'd have a very good chance of becoming a monster.

I can understand why Suggs is lower on your list. I like him (really like him, tbh) in general but on the Spurs, you'd pretty much need to trade away Murray and White to allow Suggs to run the show. Is he that good? I'm not convinced yet. That said, the lowest possible number he could be on my board is 5. The gulf between 5 and 6 in this draft is huge.

What makes you lower on Green? From what I've seen so far, he looks like the best pure scorer in the draft. You draft him and he's a natural replacement for DeRozan. Considering the Spurs need bulk scoring and Green's a bulk scorer, I could even understand if the Spurs pick him ahead of Kuminga.

Not that I vehemently disagree, but why don't you like Kispert? Some things about him scare me away but, at the end of the day, he looks like a great shooter who can play SF. He'd also make it easier to wave goodbye to Mills.

Pretty much agree on Greg Brown, btw. Lowest basketball IQ and worst passer I've seen in a while. Maybe only Kabengele was as bad of a passer in the past three or four drafts.
    RE: Jalen Green

Jalen Green reminds me of a more athletic, 3-point shooting version of Dejounte Murray. It sounds great, in theory, but you take the bad with the good. And the bad is, like Murray, he looks very raw in terms of basketball fundamentals that the Spurs will essentially be starting from square one again trying to teach a young guard how to play organized team basketball. He looks chuck-happy, may have some influence from Kobe, but unfortunately not the good parts of Kobe, namely footwork. Jalen looks like the type of player who needs the ball is in his hands to be effective, and given that the Spurs program has a higher learning curve for guards, I'm not AS willing to take a chance on a raw guard like Green. His body movement always looks chaotic out there, I don't think he'll reach a level where he's an efficient shooter, compared to someone like Klay whose body is always seems upright. With that said, I acknowledge that there is talent there and that he's a better gamble than a lot of other players.

Suggs actually looks like he has better fundamentals than Green, but I think the talent weighs in favor of Green.

Edit: I also think he (Green) may have a Hollywood personality who might bolt the first chance he gets if he's drafted to a small market team like the Spurs.

RE: Kispert

My philosophy is you try to draft players with talent you can't get via FA, and I feel you can find Kispert-types easily this upcoming FA, i.e. McDermott.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-23-2021 at 03:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RE: Jalen Green

Jalen Green reminds me of a more athletic, 3-point shooting version of Dejounte Murray. It sounds great, in theory, but you take the bad with the good. And the bad is, like Murray, he looks very raw in terms of basketball fundamentals that the Spurs will essentially be starting from square one again trying to teach a young guard how to play organized team basketball. He looks chuck-happy, may have some influence from Kobe, but unfortunately not the good parts of Kobe, namely footwork. Jalen looks like the type of player who needs the ball is in his hands to be effective, and given that the Spurs program has a higher learning curve for guards, I'm not AS willing to take a chance on a raw guard like Green. His body movement always looks chaotic out there, I don't think he'll reach a level where he's an efficient shooter, compared to someone like Klay whose body is always seems upright. With that said, I acknowledge that there is talent there and that he's a better gamble than a lot of other players.

Suggs actually looks like he has better fundamentals than Green, but I think the talent weighs in favor of Green.

Edit: I also think he (Green) may have a Hollywood personality who might bolt the first chance he gets if he's drafted to a small market team like the Spurs.

RE: Kispert

My philosophy is you try to draft players with talent you can't get via FA, and I feel you can find Kispert-types easily this upcoming FA, i.e. McDermott.
    I’m not sold on Kispert, but he’ll be a LOT cheaper than McDermott. He’ll have a starting cost around $2M. McD will cost probably upwards of the MLE. Small market.

Thread Information