Page 25 of 171 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about trade ups into the 8-13 range, and the only players I would trade up for within that range (assuming none of the top 3 fall) are Franz Wagner & Moses Moody. As much as I like Giddey, I wouldn't trade up for him.
    I would only trade up for Giddey of those three. The other two look like stay they'll probably stick in the league but never achieve much notice.

Giddey's D may be bad but in this zone-ass era all you need to survive (even thrive) is some size, some BB IQ, coachability and working like .

And defensive ability may be the hardest attribute to evaluate as it translates to the NBA from lower platforms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would only trade up for Giddey of those three. The other two look like stay they'll probably stick in the league but never achieve much notice.

Giddey's D may be bad but in this zone-ass era all you need to survive (even thrive) is some size, some BB IQ, coachability and working like .

And defensive ability may be the hardest attribute to evaluate as it translates to the NBA from lower platforms.
    I feel like I'm going to go back and forth with who is better than who between these three all the way until draft time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Luka Garza for the 2nd round pick. I think he is someone that will have a solid career and is going to be overlooked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garza is slow like a glacier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Luka Garza for the 2nd round pick. I think he is someone that will have a solid career and is going to be overlooked.
    Anyone who picks up Garza in the 2nd might get a steal. Maybe he doesn't work in the NBA, but the guy knows how to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who picks up Garza in the 2nd might get a steal. Maybe he doesn't work in the NBA, but the guy knows how to play.
    Yeah, Garza probably won't make it but put me in the camp who wouldn't mind the Spurs picking him in the second round. A highly skilled, shooting center with the experience of being the focal point of an offense and had success even though every team designed their gameplan to stop him? It's not impossible that he ends up sticking in the NBA. I wouldn't give him much more than a 10% chance ... but that's true for any second round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going back and forth on Giddey. I think he's draftable at 14 ... but I'm not 100% sure. There's a lot to like about him but it's tough to overlook that he's a C athlete whose shooting form is erratic.

Currently I'd be okay with Giddey at ~14 but I wouldn't trade to move up to pick him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Garza probably won't make it but put me in the camp who wouldn't mind the Spurs picking him in the second round. A highly skilled, shooting center with the experience of being the focal point of an offense and had success even though every team designed their gameplan to stop him? It's not impossible that he ends up sticking in the NBA. I wouldn't give him much more than a 10% chance ... but that's true for any second round pick.
    What about the Center from Seton Hall? He's a 2nd rd option. Not as bulky as Garza, but hits the 3, better handle and passer. More athletic and can fill the lane. Garza is better defensively and rebounding, but Mamu will mix it up underneath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From yesterday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going back and forth on Giddey. I think he's draftable at 14 ... but I'm not 100% sure. There's a lot to like about him but it's tough to overlook that he's a C athlete whose shooting form is erratic.

Currently I'd be okay with Giddey at ~14 but I wouldn't trade to move up to pick him.
    IMO, Haliburton isn't all that impressive as far as his athleticism. That's kind of the projection I'm betting on here. That natural feel will trump everything else.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense is indeed disappointing but it does make me wonder if it's because of NBL culture and defense isn't taken seriously over there.
    He looses his man every single time. That‘s not a league culture, that‘s him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still in the Franz Wagner camp. After the top 5 he's my guy... Moody is intriguing the more I watch tape and Giddey has some things I like but, Wagner I believe would elevate us more.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, my concern is it could be Forbes bad. Still watching tape on him. He seems overhyped a bit, but his positives are skills we could really use.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, Haliburton isn't all that impressive as far as his athleticism. That's kind of the projection I'm betting on here. That natural feel will trump everything else.
    Haliburton is not that bad of an athlete. The slow playmaker with an iffy shot last draft is Killian Hayes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The more I watch Bouknight, the more I believe he's going to be the best scorer from this draft. If you need a bucket, give it to Bouk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every other defender on Giddey's team loses his man every time, too. It's a nonstop pick and roll meltdown. Even Gary Payton would look bad on that team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still 50/50 on Giddey, i like his offensive game, but not his defense. Also he kind of looks a bit out of shape (could just be me)

I don't really have a clear pick in this draft in our range (haven't paid much attnetion this year)

My top 4 guys i would look at

1. Williams
    2. Giddey
    3. Kal Jone
    4.Kispert

Out of these four, Williams to be his the guy with the highest upside. I think he's worth the gamble if he's avaiable. There is a bit of a question mark on his athetlism, but we've seen wih guys like Demar and even to a certain extend Kawhi, a player doesn't need el e athetism. Williams has the hight, IQ and footwork that he could still be a safe pick (kyle Anderson type) but has the upside to be an elite player. Williams also went through a lot of things off court, deaths in his family, covid, he also had to stay in hotel during the college season and it had it's impact.

I think with him, if he get drafted in syatem that can develop, he can unlock his talent. I trust the spurs devlopment and if they beleive he can be a special player take a shot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you put is why he will make it. Look at Poeltl. If you have good defense you can make it. it may take some time but if he gets a fair shot he will stick. He is kind of like white in the fact that every where he is underrated. I would put him at staying in the NBA at 40%. mostly so low because I dont know if he will get a solid chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My top 5 would be:
    1. James Bouknight - Instant offense
    2. Karl Franz Wagner - Just a very good basketball player smart/good handles for a SF
    3. Alperen Sengun - Kid is only 18 and is to good to pass
    4. Jaden Springer - Can start with second unit easy
    5. Tre Jone - Think him and Tre could really work with the second unit

My has potential but could easily be a bust:
    1. Josh Giddey - G
    2. Zaire Williams - SF
    3. Kai Jones - PF/C

My second round wants:
    1. Joe Wieskamp - SF
    2. Quentin Grimes - SG
    3. Vrenz Bleijenbergh SF/PF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The more I watch Bouknight, the more I believe he's going to be the best scorer from this draft. If you need a bucket, give it to Bouk.

Low key my pet favorite of the draft. I think he’ll be gone by the time we pick, but if he’s there, I’m taking him and not looking back. Putting a pure scorer like that in the backcourt with White would be fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m off the Giddey train. Horrible defender, non-athlete, will struggle defensively anytime he’s on the floor, and his jump shoot looks terrible and awkward. He’s a nice passer and sees the floor but he’s going to get destroyed in the PnR once he plays NBA level athletes. I’m passing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lottery for us boys,the playoffs await

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lottery for us boys,the playoffs await
    . We’re not even out of the 9/10 sudden death playin game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . We’re not even out of the 9/10 sudden death playin game.

... too late,im buying into spurs Oman theory and were getting that playoff birth. Derozan is enfuego and patty mills will will this team to victory.i have spurs fever. Or maybe its the pfizer vaccine i took earlier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I didn't realize Sengun couldn't speak English very well.

IMO, that would increase his development time.

Just looking at how Luka was brought in and the time it took for him to get acclimated with the culture, and how to fit in socially, and it may look like the same thing with Sengun. Not to mention communicating with assistant coaches, understanding the playbook, and so forth. I suppose it would be hard to get information about how he is in the locker room, and if he isn't another Porzingas (toxic personality-type).

Thread Information