Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... How many years would it take for an unfinished 18 yo to play meaningful min on the team?
    Who cares? He's potentially a ring-worthy #1 option. If that comes along at whatever draft slot, you take it and run. The fact that he's 18 makes it even better; he could be here a long time!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Euros usually have better fundamentals, but they are frequently not physically ready for the demands of the NBA. Another kind of rawness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? He's potentially a ring-worthy #1 option. If that comes along at whatever draft slot, you take it and run. The fact that he's 18 makes it even better; he could be here a long time!
    Now he's the next Lebron James, or better? WTF...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another definition of raw:

Exhibits flashes of brilliance but doesn't convert it to consistent production. Alperen is averaging 20 and 9, so he's producing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's the MVP of the turkish league at 18 that's nothing to sneeze at. The turkish league is one of the strongest in Europe. He could develop into a Jokic type of player, but at only 6'9'' I'm not sure he's a Center in the NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the NIT finals and MSU has a real shot blocker in the middle (Ado is his name from Nigeria) . I love his verticality....looks like he has good length as well.... I'm not sure his skill level is draft worthy as a 2nd but as a free agent pickup (ala DE) he might have some upside...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know him and have not seen him play. I'm going off what I've been able to find on him. Hasn't been a whole lot. But what I did find has a lot for him to work on, which makes sense as he is only 18.

It's possible they pull a Sammy and take him unexpectedly in the first, but from what I read, I wouldn't expect that. Does anyone have vids on him to share what they mean about him being worth a top 6 pick?
    Thanks for your answer

i made a thread about him if you want more info, he's more a pick 15-20 or maybe 10-20.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...3#post10430083

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still have the Spurs as a playoff team.

Player that intrigues me is Scottie Barnes. FSU is a great program and Barnes' size and skill set is a perfect fit for need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Player that intrigues me is Scottie Barnes. FSU is a great program and Barnes' size and skill set is a perfect fit for need.
    I agree, Barnes looks perfect for the Spurs (but likely gone where the Spurs draft). Come draft night, Kai Jones may have the best ability -- availability.

But Barnes would be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes would be so ing brilliant, but yeah, he'll be gone by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My problem with Barnes is he can't shoot, and he's reluctant to shoot. A bad combo. Do we really need another one of those?

Don't get me wrong, I listed him as one of those players with high upside.

However, he'll be another one of those project-type players who will take years to show us anything with his lack of feel for the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My problem with Barnes is he can't shoot, and he's reluctant to shoot. A bad combo. Do we really need another one of those?

However, he'll be another one of those project-type players who will take years to show us anything with his lack of feel for the game.
    Do you mean Barnes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If a guy (especially a big) can do everything but shoot, I think that plays right into the Spurs' wheelhouse.

He's like an undervalued (affordable) property that Chip will spruce up into a mansion.

That was the whole idea in drafting an undervalued Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you mean Barnes?

Yes, take a look at this video or other full games of Florida State.

His offense is pretty predictable and he often makes wrong reads:

1) Doesn't know what to do without the ball in his hands on offense. Often ball watching, waiting for the ball to be passed to him.
    2) Makes a pass to a teammate who has no room to dribble anywhere, highlighting the fact that he can't make great reads
    3) Passive with his shot selection. Does a great imitation of Lonnie Walker at times.

Again, not saying he's not good. But the issues are glaring, and we're kind of too familiar with this story already with Dejounte & Lonnie. It'll be a frustrating first 3-4 years, so it's a matter of how much of a roller coaster we'll be able to bear when we're watching this guy.

My preference is to go for more "ready" guys or at least guys who can shoot because we're starving for those kinds of guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, take a look at this video or other full games of Florida State.

His offense is pretty predictable and he often makes wrong reads:

1) Doesn't know what to do without the ball in his hands on offense. Often ball watching, waiting for the ball to be passed to him.
    2) Makes a pass to a teammate who has no room to dribble anywhere, highlighting the fact that he can't make great reads
    3) Passive with his shot selection. Does a great imitation of Lonnie Walker at times.

Again, not saying he's not good. But the issues are glaring, and we're kind of too familiar with this story already with Dejounte & Lonnie. It'll be a frustrating first 3-4 years, so it's a matter of how much of a roller coaster we'll be able to bear when we're watching this guy.

My preference is to go for more "ready" guys or at least guys who can shoot because we're starving for those kinds of guys.
    Oh, my, you need to actually watch the games. You don't know what you're talking about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He will play in a few minutes vs Michigan

Imo he is a real project, he is not that good during the march madness but he's young and he has all the physical tools. Still he is projected in the top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, my, you need to actually watch the games. You don't know what you're talking about.
    I gave you a game that wasn't purely highlights, and I've watched several of his games. Such a weak rebuttal, not sure why I expected more from you than your one dimensional responses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really really need a guy who can provide good offense much better if it is a 3 ball and someone with decent handles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will play in a few minutes vs Michigan

Imo he is a real project, he is not that good during the march madness but he's young and he has all the physical tools. Still he is projected in the top 10.
    This is gonna be a fun watch. Franz just hit a fade-away jumper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good match up... we're getting a real good look at what each guy brings... Wagner is obviously further ahead with his feel and skill set but, Barnes looks alot like a young Matrix with his athleticism...I can really see the appeal with each guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good match up... we're getting a real good look at what each guy brings... Wagner is obviously further ahead with his feel and skill set but, Barnes looks alot like a young Matrix with his athleticism...I can really see the appeal with each guy.
    It's weird though, they haven't defended each other a single second unless they did it when I looked away

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's weird though, they haven't defended each other a single second unless they did it when I looked away
    Barnes was on Wagner once but he was on the weakside and the ball went the other way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes interesting game, nice dunk by Barnes i think his strenght is the physical tools and that's good to start. Like the way Wagner is playing. Watch inson, Michigan's Center who is more of a old school center but only 19 and the leading scorer of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy that pass by Wagner to inson

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy that pass by Wagner to inson
    Lol...yup... I know which player Poeltl hopes we get!

Thread Information