Page 34 of 171 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The playoff teams are put in reverse record order starting with pick 15. So if the Spurs make the playoffs, it'll depend on what other teams make the playoffs. It's pretty safe to say, though, that it will be 15 or 16.
    Good to know. Thanks. 11th would indeed be the most ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate only having 2 picks....call me greedy, but I want 4....two in each round.

I want to rid ourselves of DeRozen, Gay, and Mills. Let the youth play. Get Poeltl some help inside, but still keep Eubanks as a solid sub.

I want

PG Josh Giddey (though, I would move him to backup SF, play the Point Forward role that Pippen and Lebron have done, even Nephew.)
    F/C Alperen Sengun
    C Neemias Queta
    F/C Jay Huff or F/C Charles Bassey

PG - Murray, White, Jones
    SG - Walker, Vassell, Weatherspoon
    SF - Johnson, Giddey
    PF - Huff/Bassey, Samanic, Eubanks
    C - Poeltl, Sengun, Queta

This leaves us 1 open roster spot for a UFA, UDFA, or just in case. We would have depth throughout our roster finally, except for at SF. With Queta, Sengun and either Huff or Bassey, we add 3 players who can clog the paint, block shots, rebound, and take a lot of pressure of Poeltl. Also, all 3 can step out beyond the arc and hit 3s on a regular basis, giving our offense flexibility, while still allowing our D to be stronger.

, we could even try Samanic at SF to give us more depth there.

One potential FA I really like is Mo Bamba. I am a Horns homer and I really liked his defense at Texas. He has improved his outside shooting in the NBA. IMO, he could be a potential Serge Ibaka lite if a team would give him a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna be a sad draft day if the Spurs, after getting annihilated in the first round, miss out on Moody, Bouknight, Wagner, and Giddey...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t wait for the draft lottery and combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna be a sad draft day if the Spurs, after getting annihilated in the first round, miss out on Moody, Bouknight, Wagner, and Giddey...
    We’re not getting to the playoffs. We MIGHT win the 9/10 game, depending on what it is, but if the Lakers lose that first game, there is no way the NBA lets them miss the playoffs. It would be LA/Sacto 2000 WCF level bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13th pick here we come.

Time to get focused on the next player Pop will geld and bury until they're swag-free and over themselves.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    13th pick here we come.

Time to get focused on the next player Pop will geld and bury until they're swag-free and over themselves.
    What Spurs fan isn't looking forward to watching them draft another middling talent with a role player ceiling. Also, we can all look forward to that player spending his entire rookie season in the G-League. Exciting times up ahead for this franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how teams around the league would value a future 1st round pick from the spurs, I know we shouldn’t trade draft capital but if the spurs really like a guy in the upcoming draft I wonder how far we could move up if we traded this years pick plus a future first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pacers are a real threat to take someone the Spurs might need, IMO. They're the only team left I hope ends up passing the Spurs up in the standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where all my Wiseman fanbois at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wanted Lamelo over him. I assumed he was going #1 tbh. Then Minny did what Minny does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting to see if Wiseman's rough rookie experience has an effect on Evan Mobley's draft position...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting to see if Wiseman's rough rookie experience has an effect on Evan Mobley's draft position...
    Wiseman is the 4th leading scorer on Golden State as we speak (11.5 points per game).

He also shoots 52% and get 6 rebounds per game.

Let's not go overboard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Lamelo over him. I assumed he was going #1 tbh. Then Minny did what Minny does
    Anthony Edwards is looking like he may be worth that pick though tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If they offered Wiseman and Wiggins for a highly protected pick, to get rid of Wiggins contract, I’d do it in a cold minute. He played like 3 games at U Memphis, and was thrown right into the fire. Put him in the gym with Timmy for the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman is the 4th leading scorer on Golden State as we speak (11.5 points per game).

He also shoots 52% and get 6 rebounds per game.

Let's not go overboard.
    Meh forget about his counting stats. His advanced numbers are horrid. Unplayable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman sample was like 3 games. Mobley played a full season. He’s more of a known quan y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman sample was like 3 games. Mobley played a full season. He’s more of a known quan y.
    Wiseman played 39 games this year for Golden State.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman played 39 games this year for Golden State.
    Off context. He was wondering if Mobley’s stock would be hurt by Wiseman. Wiseman was, for all intents and purposes, a direct HS jump. He wasn’t ready. Mobley is more ready after a full year of NCAA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off context. He was wondering if Mobley’s stock would be hurt by Wiseman. Wiseman was, for all intents and purposes, a direct HS jump. He wasn’t ready. Mobley is more ready after a full year of NCAA.
    I'd take either one of them in a heartbeat, in fact they are both number 1 (to me) in successive drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take either one of them in a heartbeat, in fact they are both number 1 (to me) in successive drafts.
    You're living in the past with these kinds of comments. Bigs aren't that valuable anymore in today's NBA. In a few years, Wiseman will probably be another has-been like Mo Bamba or Hassan Whiteside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're living in the past with these kinds of comments. Bigs aren't that valuable anymore in today's NBA. In a few years, Wiseman will probably be another has-been like Mo Bamba or Hassan Whiteside.
    One man's past is another man's present (or even future).

When GS "reached'' to draft a midget like Steph Curry, some thought they were living in the past.

If you fight the last war, rather than looking forward, you'll always be Sacramento.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bamba is only 22 years old and in his third season. Now, he could wash out completely - especially with Carter Jr. also on the Magic roster - but it's still too early tell. Also, his 'counting stats' aren't too dissimilar to Jakob and he's been primarily a back up. (Can he become the 'stretch 5' they envisioned 3 years ago?)

Hassan is what he is but has also carved out a NBA career after originally being a flame out in Sacramento.

The stretch 5 is where everyone wants to go, but it hasn’t become a league wide trend just yet, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll believe it when I see it, but it'll be interesting to see if the league helps out a franchise that that didn't thumb their nose up at the play-in (when they had every reason to) in an attempt to improve their lottery odds (conversely, I wonder if the Raptors conveniently drop for doing the opposite).

If they want this to be taken seriously, then teams like this need to be rewarded.

Mobley is much more skilled. Supposedly the best big prospect since Towns or maybe even Embiid.

Yet the best player in the playoffs last season was a big and they're about to go 1-2 in MVP voting.

The best ones of this era are pre and early prime and generally haven't been put in position to have a chance to win a championship unlike these big wings who have successfully gamed the system and brainwashed the masses into thinking only they can be the best player on a championship team.

Thread Information