Page 39 of 171 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That may be true. But his game offers more upside than Vassell would be the counter. Vassell is a role player with 3 and D we hope will eventually do more. Ziaire has the package to be a much better scorer, and that is how people seem to be imagining him, but I am suggesting they develop him as a 3 n D wing role player to begin, then try to tap into his other skills over time.

Keep in mind, I’m playing devil’s advocate here in what a potential path could be. I’m not making any promises that he couldn’t end up sucking, like most draft picks, to be honest.
    I think you've accurately described the attraction and concerns with him. One other physical limitation I see is that most scouts are concerned with is his narrow shoulders. I think he's got a good upside (John Collins buy on the wing) but there's a ceiling there too.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you've accurately described the attraction and concerns with him. One other physical limitation I see is that most scouts are concerned with is his narrow shoulders. I think he's got a good upside (John Collins buy on the wing) but there's a ceiling there too.
    Valid. I suppose I’m trying to see what options we’ll have with the 13th pick (give or take). I’m still not into long range projects, but I see Ziaire having some ability to contribute earlier then expected. On the flipside I don’t ever see him as a slasher, but the way the refs call minimal contact now, I cynically wonder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Vassell has consistently been flashing a pull up game very similar to or even better than what Ziaire has shown so far. Understood the devil's advocate remark, just seems like this kid has put a spell on a lot of people when it comes to his abilities. Pull up J is the least impressive ability of them all because any one can do it, but very few are actually efficient at it. And Ziaire is very inefficient.

An impressive scorer, to me, is one who has a wide array of moves.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-15-2021 at 01:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Vassell has consistently been flashing a pull up game very similar to or even better than what Ziaire has shown so far. Understood the devil's advocate remark, just seems like this kid has put a spell on a lot of people when it comes to his abilities. Pull up J is the least impressive ability of them all because any one can do it, but very few are actually efficient at it. And Ziaire is very inefficient.

An impressive scorer, to me, is one who has a wide array of moves.
    All valid, which is the quandary with a late lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Canadians found out how to watch in this borderline communist establishment of a country? I have every sports channel and NBA league pass and it doesn’t seem to be televised.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose it may be true what I've read/heard, that this year is top heavy compared to last year. Starting to look at guys and I don't particularly like anyone that would be there at 11/12, only really like guys if the Spurs got into the top 4.

Fingers crossed for Cade or Kuminga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So at the end of the season, it looks like we are sitting in the 12th draft position? That would only change if we win the play-in games, right?

If we win against the 9th seed, then lose against the 7th/8th...would that end our season in 9th place in the West?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So at the end of the season, it looks like we are sitting in the 12th draft position? That would only change if we win the play-in games, right?

If we win against the 9th seed, then lose against the 7th/8th...would that end our season in 9th place in the West?
    Your draft position can only change if you make the playoffs as a 9/10 or miss them as a 7/8. We will also be in a coin flip for 11/12. For draft purposes, there are no tiebreakers,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suppose it may be true what I've read/heard, that this year is top heavy compared to last year. Starting to look at guys and I don't particularly like anyone that would be there at 11/12, only really like guys if the Spurs got into the top 4.

Fingers crossed for Cade or Kuminga.
    I'm not sure this draft is heavy anywhere, brother.

In other threads people talk about how Memphis tanked for Ja Morant and Dallas tanked for Doncic.

Those guys were superstars at the previous level, the only question was whether that dazzling performance could be duplicated in the NBA.

There aren't any guys like that in this draft that I can see. Maybe not even Cunningham.

Always tank with care (wear a mask and be prepared to back it up with a blindfold).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure this draft is heavy anywhere, brother.

In other threads people talk about how Memphis tanked for Ja Morant and Dallas tanked for Doncic.

Those guys were superstars at the previous level, the only question was whether that dazzling performance could be duplicated in the NBA.

There aren't any guys like that in this draft that I can see. Maybe not even Cunningham.

Always tank with care (wear a mask and be prepared to back it up with a blindfold).

Cunnigham will be a star imo, mobley too, i think green, suggs and kuminga have big potentials to be really good players.

For others prospects i think you have a heavy class of good role players or more, from 6 to maybe the bottom of the first pick they are a lot of talented players. This draft may not have top talent like others ( tough i don't think so) but the average level of players is better imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am all in on Sengun now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm headed in that direction myself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome lol

One thing to notice, Sengun will play qualifying tournament for the Olympics in late june ( i don't think he will skip thos), that could rise his stock tough he is already pretty high ( 10-15 in a lot of mocks)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome lol

One thing to notice, Sengun will play qualifying tournament for the Olympics in late june ( i don't think he will skip thos), that could rise his stock tough he is already pretty high ( 10-15 in a lot of mocks)
    that's my concern-that his performance in the games may move him up and beyond the spurs reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday's game:

Rebounds, goes coast to coast, no-look pass to his teammate...

Yeah, I'll bump him up one tier on my Tier List.

Edit: Seconds later in the video he does a facial dunk on someone lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Underrated aspect of Sengun's game: His P&R defense. He seems to jump high enough (with timing) to disrupt lobs to the roll man a lot. Lord knows this was a major issue on this year's Spurs when they faced a team with an athletic big.

I don't see an issue with Sengun playing with Poeltl. If the Spurs tried to make it work this year with LMA+Poeltl starting together, I think they could make it work with Sengun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What the is that pass at 3:58?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun may be the guy, but it's gonna take some lengthy analysis. (Maybe his June Olympic tourney will help.)

For now, the league he plays in looks like a rec league. Virtually no defense.

That's not his fault, of course, he can only play against the guys in front of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What the is that pass at 3:58?
    Manu 2.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OT but hopefully this is good news that Summer League will happen.

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop
    1h
    Patrick Williams said he will play summer league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is missing a player who does these heads up plays. Someone who is always on his toes and comes up with winning plays thought of in a fraction of a second. It's gotta be in their DNA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a potentially overrated draft. It has some depth, but even then it seems like the ceilings aren't that high on many of these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun may be the guy, but it's gonna take some lengthy analysis. (Maybe his June Olympic tourney will help.)

For now, the league he plays in looks like a rec league. Virtually no defense.

That's not his fault, of course, he can only play against the guys in front of him.
    Talent level looks painfully bad. I do like that he doesn't shy from contact (at that level) and his footwork is nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm glad the coin flip happens quick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice new clips of Sengun. I was definitely thinking about him a few days ago. These clips show even better passing, court awareness, and even handles. He's breaking down people off the dribble from the top of the key and going coast to coast (and to reference Sean, doesn't seem to be a "Tragic Johnson").

So yeah, his skills/fundamentals are solid. Other than athleticism and defense, his last major concern seems to be shooting. His FT % is very good at 80%, which considering how many post players are horrible at free throws, that's actually really, really good. I think he could become a 3pt shooter over time. He has good touch, good form, and a good FT %, so the fundamentals there show a path.

Yeah, those clips make me sold on him even more. I'd take him over Scottie Barnes and Kai Jones at this point without too much hesitation.

We'll see if he's available.

Thread Information