Page 47 of 171 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Moody comes in as a 3 and D SF. Like all these things with the draft, he may never get beyond that. But you hope he continues to develop his game into something more dynamic. He and Vassell could both play important glue roles in the beginning, but we'd really need Dejounte to drastically increase his drive and kick game for us to push this team forward, and that's even with our team severely lacking in shooting. Because right now Moody doesn't seem to have a lot of 1-1 skills to take his man off the dribble, which is probably why he is listed out of the lottery in some mocks. But his "risk averse" personality, as one site described it, seems right up the Spurs alley. And I still think he's our best realistic bet for a player.
    Moody's offensive game is way more versatile than Vassell and he actually has a handle. They are two completely different players, IMO. While Moody is able to do the 3 and D role easily, he's capable of much more from the onset whereas Vassell is still developing that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Draft this man. Closest thing I've seen to Kawhi, and I don't easily throw out that comparison. He'll be his own guy, of course. But similarities are there, IMO.
    He's moved significantly up my own personal Spurs big board ..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moody's offensive game is way more versatile than Vassell and he actually has a handle. They are two completely different players, IMO. While Moody is able to do the 3 and D role easily, he's capable of much more from the onset whereas Vassell is still developing that.
    Agreed, moosy has a much higher ceilling on offense and overall imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want to get too excited about Moody because I'm skeptical he'll still be on the board when the Spurs pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Moody falling past 10th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Moody would likely make one or more of Johnson, Walker IV and/or White expendable. I know ST would say Muray, but I want to see if he can develop the three - pointer further & how he plays with a true swingman (that doesn't mirror his offensive skillset).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An interesting read on Corey Kispert. Posted back in January, so some information on recent performances will be absent.
    Not opposed to taking him tbh…High motor, I.Q and an Elite skill already that the Spurs desperately need.

https://www.thestepien.com/2021/01/1...corey-kispert/

Everything with Kispert starts with his shooting, so that’s where we’ll spend a lot of time. Here is a screenshot from Synergy Sports Technology, showing some of Kispert’s shooting number’s from last year.
    Only shoots average from the mid range though, definite red flag for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your top 10 of potential draftees in terms of basketball IQ? Feel free to place into tiers. Thought that would be an insightful metric. We love high BBIQ guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure he has any capability to play 4 whatsoever.

pop has been trotting out Brent Barry, Michael Finley, RJ, and Kawhi (prototypical alpha small ball 4) in the playoffs his whole career. This year it was Derozan and KJ. If his strengths are good help on D and 7 foot wingspan then he fits into what Pop wants at the very least, let alone the good shooting to go with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop has been trotting out Brent Barry, Michael Finley, RJ, and Kawhi (prototypical alpha small ball 4) in the playoffs his whole career. This year it was Derozan and KJ. If his strengths are good help on D and 7 foot wingspan then he fits into what Pop wants at the very least, let alone the good shooting to go with it.
    Finley and Barry were terrible choices done because there were no other options. If you want a stretch 4, get a stretch 4. Don't just make something up about a shooting guard who is slight of build.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drafting Moody would likely make one or more of Johnson, Walker IV and/or White expendable. I know ST would say Muray, but I want to see if he can develop the three - pointer further & how he plays with a true swingman (that doesn't mirror his offensive skillset).
    Lonnie’s QO to make him restricted is ~$13M, so that may help to make the decision.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Saddiq Bey's success moving Moody outside the Spurs range.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think I was equating them to each other; I think I was saying how they both could play together by offering two needed things, defense and outside shooting.

I also said Moody would have a path to be the best player on the team. At the same time I will be honest and acknowledge that his offensive game still has a lot of room to grow.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is gonna be a beast i’d trade up, he’s that good. Hornets taking him if they win the coin flip.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie’s QO to make him restricted is ~$13M, so that may help to make the decision.

plus what I was told about Lonnie going into this season was “we’ll see if he can put up or shut up”

the play in game didn’t help him at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yikes. Probably as much as I’d want to offer him at this point given the glut we have at guard and his inconsistent play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For reference- the mid level exception going into the 2022 season is slated to be ~10.2 million

13 million QO would equate to somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-12% of the cap

The salary cap is no longer 70 million and I see a lot of people still treat contracts like it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m wondering if there are teams dazzled by Lonnie’s athleticism who might swap picks or give us a later pick for him. It really is decision time. $13M is too much money to pay him, and I’m frightened of what his year 5 QO would be. If you don’t offer it, he’s unrestricted. If you do,it’s considered a one year contract, and he can’t be traded without his consent. I only remember a few players accepting their year 5 QO, and they all walked away for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft will say a lot about Lonnie’s future here I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The draft will say a lot about Lonnie’s future here I think
    Especially if they trade him during it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially if they trade him during it.
    I’d be all for that tbh, spurs just don’t trade anybody ever tho

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Coach Bud was hired, I could see him as someone having the clout to make trades to retool the team to his liking. If Becky takes over, my gut feeling is she doesn't have that power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of us are used to the salary and QO path of a player picked as high as Lonnie. It also makes me wonder if that was the reason that James Anderson, picked #20, was non-tendered on his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be the test for the FO in the next two years I think. It makes sense to be a little more pro status quo & conservative when you have Timmy, Manu, and Tony... not as much when you finish sub .500 in consecutive seasons and don't have an all star on the team.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-23-2021 at 12:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm okay with $13 mil for Lonnie provided DeMar isn't back. I want to see him chuck it up for a full season and it will either lead the team to the lottery or lead to an improved Lonnie.

Thread Information