Page 5 of 171 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've watched more film on Wagner than most on here....what do you think of his shooting stroke from deep? That's my only concern really..
    I think the key thing that's usually ignored in shot improvement is knowing when to take them. You can teach + improve your shot mechanics but if you always shoot them out of rhythm, odds are against you being a consistent shooter. This is what Franz already has in spades, and frankly I'm not a shot expert but from my point of view is he just needs a little tweak.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the key thing that's usually ignored in shot improvement is knowing when to take them. You can teach + improve your shot mechanics but if you always shoot them out of rhythm, odds are against you being a consistent shooter. This is what Franz already has in spades, and frankly I'm not a shot expert but from my point of view is he just needs a little tweak.
    I appreciate the insight..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's someone we really like I'm fine with moving anyone to move up into the top 8.
    Top 3 maybe. I’m not trading DJ for anything lower than that. YMMV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t really paid attention to where the Spurs pick, but if the team doesn’t make it to the playoffs, they get a lottery pick right? But do they get a lottery pick over an EC team that made the playoffs but with a worse record?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO will mess this up too so why care right now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about Cunningham. Has he the athleticsm and quickness (first step) to be "the" guy in the NBA? After all the games I'v seen him playing, I'm not so sure. He sometimes struggled big time finishing at the rim. And although he's a good passer, he also had games with terrible turnovers.

Don't get me wrong. He's good, but is he really a top3 player in this draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i move up in the top 3 it will only be for Evan Mobley. Modern big, complete player ... the best big of this class by far.

Haven’t really paid attention to where the Spurs pick, but if the team doesn’t make it to the playoffs, they get a lottery pick right? But do they get a lottery pick over an EC team that made the playoffs but with a worse record?
    Yes all playoff teams are not in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    During the actual lottery, they draw for the first 4 draft positions, and the rest are slotted by inverse records, regardless of conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO each team's needs:

T-Wolves - SF or PF
    Pistons - SG
    Rockets - SG, SF, PF
    Magic - Everything
    Wizards - SG, C
    Cavaliers - SF, PF
    Raptors - SG, C
    Thunder - SG, SF, PF, C
    Pelicans - SG
    Kings - SG, SF, PF, C
    Pacers - SG, SF
    Warriors - SF
    Grizzlies - SG, SF
    Hawks - SG, SF

Looking at this, teams that are a threat to taking the prospects (PF) I would like are: T-Wolves, Rockets, Cavs, Thunder, Kings, Grizzlies.

Hopefully none take Wagner!
    I can see Memphis taking him tbh. They've been real good at drafting lately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... Evan Mobley. Modern big, complete player ... the best big of this class by far. ...
    I figure there's about a 70% chance you're right here. But I do think people are underestimating Sengun.

Yeah, you've heard it before, 18 yrs old (younger), MVP in a tougher league... blah, blah, blah. He's much more productive than Mobley , and that's Turkish league stats straight up against NCAA...

I suspect he's bigger than people are suggesting (most think he's 6'9") - here's a recent shot of him beside Mehmet Okur (who was 6'11" in the NBA and played C in a larger era)

I don't think he's too small to be an NBA C. He looks to have long arms to me...

Also, he's more athletic than people are giving him credit for:

How many NBA bigs can do a 360 dunk in game, without travelling:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1376163640613699585

Check the show and recover to his man on this block:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1356290421677301760

He gets partially picked and still gets to this block:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1376130239798112258

The putback at 1:13. He starts his jump from the top of the restricted circle, and finishes at the side of the basket, not the front - that's pretty good jumping
    https://youtu.be/msx6nKuN76o
    (and also at 2:37, he gets some air).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I‘ve never seen him play, but he‘s 6‘10 at most, when I look at the picture.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think Sengun measurement of 6'9 is barefoot and Okur is the old NBA measurement of with shoes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figure there's about a 70% chance you're right here. But I do think people are underestimating Sengun.

Yeah, you've heard it before, 18 yrs old (younger), MVP in a tougher league... blah, blah, blah. He's much more productive than Mobley , and that's Turkish league stats straight up against NCAA...

I suspect he's bigger than people are suggesting (most think he's 6'9") - here's a recent shot of him beside Mehmet Okur (who was 6'11" in the NBA and played C in a larger era)

I don't think he's too small to be an NBA C. He looks to have long arms to me...

The putback at 1:13. He starts his jump from the top of the restricted circle, and finishes at the side of the basket, not the front - that's pretty good jumping

I love Sengun, i made a thread about him , i agree he can be a C in the NBA. https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...3#post10430083

He is my pick for the upcoming draft, after him i have wagner or jeremiah earl robinson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw highlights of Sengun before seeing any profile and was stunned to see him listed at 6-9. He just looked so much bigger.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw highlights of Sengun before seeing any profile and was stunned to see him listed at 6-9. He just looked so much bigger.

Yes that's strange and you have some reports listing him at 6'10 and other at 6'9. We'll have some updates near the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I like the kid but I have seen him listed from 6'8 to 6'10 - If he is 6'10 no problems in drafting him - I think him and Luka would be a great pairing the kids is smart and has a nose for the ball he just knows where to be to get a rebound or put back it is very Rodman like. His footwork in the paint is outstanding a very high level for his age that really shocked me also like that he can get you rebounds but also get you points doesn't need his number called and is not scarred to score -

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully those last couple shots missed by Wagner will drop him a lil bit so we might have a chance... I still maintain that his outside shot is my only question mark with this kid..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If i move up in the top 3 it will only be for Evan Mobley. Modern big, complete player ... the best big of this class by far.
    This is exactly what we need this summer, but I know it's much easier said than done. He's my pipe dream pick this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My Top 3 after the NCAA-tournament are:

1a. Evan Mobley (position of need!)
    1b. Jalen Green
    1c. Jalen Suggs

My second tier: Cunningham

But I wonder if there's a chance the Spurs can get into that draft range. In the Spurs draft range (probably 10-20) I like the most:

Kai Jones (because of size I would prefer him over Johnson & Wagner)
    Jalen Johnson
    Franz Wagner

And then 2 guys with a lot of athleticsm, good defense, but a huge questionmark, which is their shooting:

Greg Brown
    Scottie Barnes (top10 in most mock drafts, but could slide)

@Alperen Sengun: I've never seen him play. So I didn't add him to my list. I looked at his numbers. Not bad, although his 3p-shooting is concerning, but he has a good free-throw-percentage, so there's a chance he can get better.

EDIT: If I were the Spurs I would also take a look at Isaiah Mobley (at least a candidate for their 2nd rounder). He's not bad and fills a lot of boxes of the Spurs needs. The brothers seem to be really close.
    Last edited by ragas; 03-31-2021 at 04:16 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1b. Jalen Green
    1c. Jalen Suggs

But I wonder if there's a chance the Spurs can get into that draft range. In the Spurs draft range (probably 10-20) I like the most:

Jalen Johnson
    Franz Wagner

And then 2 guys with a lot of athleticsm, good defense, but a huge questionmark, which is their shooting:

Greg Brown

@Alperen Sengun: I've never seen him play. So I didn't add him to my list. I looked at his numbers. Not bad, although his 3p-shooting is concerning, but he has a good free-throw-percentage, so there's a chance he can get better.

EDIT: If I were the Spurs I would also take a look at Isaiah Mobley (at least a candidate for their 2nd rounder). He's not bad and fills a lot of boxes of the Spurs needs. The brothers seem to be really close.
    If the Spurs think Wagner has the ability to develope a knock down 3 (and I have no idea if they think he can) then I have him #4 on my personal board behind Mobley, Kuminga, and Cunningham. If they don't think he can be that shooter I have him between 10-15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is everyone's opinion on Juzang? Late first? Sure fire second rounder?

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1b. Jalen Green
    1c. Jalen Suggs

Jalen Johnson
    Franz Wagner

Greg Brown

I'm hoping that other FOs overthink it and lower Jalen Johnson on their board because of him opting out. He's exactly what the Spurs need at the 4. Good size and athleticism. Good rebounder and weakside defender. Smart and skilled passer. His shot is a little worrying, but I'm confident that Chip can help out there.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for those clips.

Random thoughts: I'm definitely intrigued by this guy. Seems very fluid. I'm still getting up to speed, but I'm thinking he has more upside than Wagner.

A productive 4 would be helpful in the draft, and ideally someone with some shooting and passing as well. Having said that, sometimes you have to get the best player available. Wagner looks to have a high floor, but is listed as a guard in college as well as some boards. Granted, positions are fluid. But I like that Sengun is a definite big. But will he still be around in the mid-teens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been down on Garuba because his offense is 1 dimensional and he has no handle, but his defense looks pretty good here. IMO, we need a little more creativity on offense so that's the only thing holding me back from prospects like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RE: Sengun

I like him but he's a serious tweener. It's not only length but his strength. If he's a C, can he hold his ground against the stronger centers in the NBA? If he's a PF, can he move quicker than Keldon can laterally? If not, then I don't think you can play those two together.

His offense is great, but it's going to be a tough one to see where he'll fit defensively.

That being said, if we're picking late and he's still available, you absolutely get him.

Thread Information