Page 7 of 171 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Warriors down 50 right now against the Raptors and it's still 3rd quarter.

I said this before: typically 3 out of the top 10 players become stars in every draft. It may be Wiseman is not one of those three.
    Yeah, Wiseman is an awesome prospect if you watch the highlights. If you watch him actually play, he has a loooooooooooong way to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a question I keep asking do we draft for "Value" or do we draft for "Need"? I am on the Tank crew and I am hoping that we can get into the 7 to 12 range which won't give us an Elite player it will give us a legit starter and probably the best player on the Spurs. To me there are so just so many concerns on this team that I can see the Spurs taking a player at all positions to PG to Center if the "Value" is there.

Some of the concerns is Murray is a he a legit PG of the future and if Derozz leaves can he take up the assist that he was providing? Then there is Keldon our spark plug he really needs to improve his 3 ball he as one poster noted can not play with Poodle because Poodle has ZERO offense. I don't think people understand how Poodle gives such and advantage to other teams when they have to play defense as all they have to do is back the paint to shut our who team down. I do think that Keldon will be very good paired with Luka or Dieng on the floor and should probably come off the bench next season.

I am still hoping the Spurs can move Derozz and hopefully get a first out of the trade as this teams needs more talent then just one player - It would be nice to get a SF who has 3 ball range and then draft a SG who can hit 3 ball and who is also a good defender or a C who is mobile and has good outside shooting.
    I think best talent is how the Spurs have to go. I just don't think they have the luxury of narrowing their choices. They've got quality #3 through #7/#8 type players for a championship level team, but are definitely lacking a #1 and possibly a #2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really thought the Warriors might shock the world and draft Haliburton... I guess we can be glad that didn't happen, because a healthy Steph/Klay/Haliburton/Green would be pretty deadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, the "chosen 3" from the top 10 of the 2020 draft are:

LaMelo, Anthony Edwards, Patrick Williams

Everyone else, I believe, will be solid role players, borderline all star, or out of the league.

I wasn't sold on LaMelo at all, but I guess street ball is in session in today's league. Makes someone like Joshua Giddey intriguing in the upcoming draft. Players who try a lot of weird that makes you think they're ing nuts. Haliburton fits this category, too. These guys ooze confidence, so no matter how ugly their form looks, the shots still go in because of their confidence and their willingness to try outlandish .

Anthony Edwards was another player I didn't think would turn out good. And maybe he's at an advantage because he's given the reins to take as many shots as he wants. But he certainly looks the part of a star, and it might be due to his insane athleticism. He's also extremely confident too, based on his interviews.

Confidence is #1 when finding a prospect. That's what I've learned from the past draft.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-02-2021 at 08:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Confidence, confidence, confidence...

I don't care if he has T-rex arms.

This dude has the same absurdity to try as stars do.

This team needs that X-factor.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stronger than Jakob Poeltl?

I know I’m not seeing actual commenters on a basketball forum calling Sengun stronger than Poeltl because he can throw his body into 6’8 centers of the euro league

furthermore with his limitations in height and length the concern is at the rim. Maybe he can contest guards in Turkey but if you think Ja Morant is sizing up Sengun and sees anything other than barbecue chicken in the restricted area you are naive as .
    To clarify, are you suggesting Yah is actually strong? He's nimble, thin, and comes from a family of volleyball players. Not saying he's a pushover, but I don't see him as particularly strong. Luckily for him, the league favors thin, quick footed players who can guard the perimeter. Sengun may not be as tall but his upper body is massive and he has a stout base. Yeah, he definitely seems strong compared to Yak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Confidence, confidence, confidence...

I don't care if he has T-rex arms.

This dude has the same absurdity to try as stars do.

This team needs that X-factor.
    Those are definitely qualities we need. I need to watch more of this guy, though. I'm trying to figure out if he could hang with NBA athletes is my first concern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are definitely qualities we need. I need to watch more of this guy, though. I'm trying to figure out if he could hang with NBA athletes is my first concern.
    Looks quicker than Kispert, at least...

Keeping Mills *vomit* makes sense if we draft Giddey for that Australian connection.

Btw, entertaining interview...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks quicker than Kispert, at least...

Keeping Mills *vomit* makes sense if we draft Giddey for that Australian connection.

Btw, entertaining interview...

So who do we trade...DJ or White? I don't think we keep both and add Giddey would we?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who do we trade...DJ or White? I don't think we keep both and add Giddey would we?
    I think he fits in just fine if DeMar is gone. We lose a lot of playmaking/ shot creating without DeMar, that's Giddey's calling card...

Or if DeMar stays for two years *vomit*, Giddey is groomed to takeover on the typical Spurs youth development plan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he fits in just fine if DeMar is gone. We lose a lot of playmaking/ shot creating without DeMar, that's Giddey's calling card...

Or if DeMar stays for two years *vomit*, Giddey is groomed to takeover on the typical Spurs youth development plan...
    Don't get me wrong, he seems to do well at high levels of compe ion. Definitely seems worth a chance if he's around. The cynical side of me thinks: it's not who do we trade, but what player next forces a trade. It's a wild world post Big Three. We have to draft what the team needs and go with that. Since Kawhi, we've done it backwards and try to make the unworkable seem rational. But I digress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, the "chosen 3" from the top 10 of the 2020 draft are:

LaMelo, Anthony Edwards, Patrick Williams

Everyone else, I believe, will be solid role players, borderline all star, or out of the league.

I wasn't sold on LaMelo at all, but I guess street ball is in session in today's league. Makes someone like Joshua Giddey intriguing in the upcoming draft. Players who try a lot of weird that makes you think they're ing nuts. Haliburton fits this category, too. These guys ooze confidence, so no matter how ugly their form looks, the shots still go in because of their confidence and their willingness to try outlandish .

Anthony Edwards was another player I didn't think would turn out good. And maybe he's at an advantage because he's given the reins to take as many shots as he wants. But he certainly looks the part of a star, and it might be due to his insane athleticism. He's also extremely confident too, based on his interviews.

Confidence is #1 when finding a prospect. That's what I've learned from the past draft.
    Looking forward to diving into some scouting of these prospects once the regular season is done. Thanks for keeping the info. Coming through.

The 2020 draft was unlike any other in recent memory. Prospects had more time than ever before to prepare for the NBA and draft process. It’s fortunate too because once they arrived there development is very much based on in game experiences rather than consistent scrimmages and training due to the nature of the schedule and pandemic related itinerary.

In the NBA, anybody can beaten by anyone (by large amounts too) but the telling thing is usually how a team and player responds to such a drubbing.
    At 19 years old, you can bet this is one of the first real beat downs somebody like Wiseman (physically imposing, limited high level compe ion) has ever experienced.

Looking forward to seeing how he responds, even if the answer isn’t fully formed over the next game or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong, he seems to do well at high levels of compe ion. Definitely seems worth a chance if he's around. The cynical side of me thinks: it's not who do we trade, but what player next forces a trade. It's a wild world post Big Three. We have to draft what the team needs and go with that. Since Kawhi, we've done it backwards and try to make the unworkable seem rational. But I digress.
    Meh, you control what you can control. Guess that's the bright side with international players like Giddey, they're not as en led as these divas because they make their first NBA city their second home from home. LMA or DeMar never bled "Spurs" anyway, not like the way our young core have been doing on social media. When players like them "force" a trade, it never fazed me. It's the ones we saw grow into men that do...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Warriors down 50 right now against the Raptors and it's still 3rd quarter.

I said this before: typically 3 out of the top 10 players become stars in every draft. It may be Wiseman is not one of those three.
    Would you trade Lonnie for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you trade Lonnie for him?
    I won't say yes but I'll say that if the Spurs did that then I wouldn't be upset and instead I'll be excited because it means they believe in their talent. That goes for any prospect, not just Giddey.

Edit: wait, are you talking about Wiseman? If so, yes lol. Thought you were talking about trading up. We sort of already know what Lonnie is. If Wiseman busts, at least he can be a nice backup C probably whereas we already have a lot of guard depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see Lonnie coached by Becky next year. Personally, I go back and forth about trading one of Lonnie, White, or DJ. But realistically, if we don’t flush money on DDR or Patty we can really let these three get a chance to make a leap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't say yes but I'll say that if the Spurs did that then I wouldn't be upset and instead I'll be excited because it means they believe in their talent. That goes for any prospect, not just Giddey.

Edit: wait, are you talking about Wiseman? If so, yes lol. Thought you were talking about trading up. We sort of already know what Lonnie is. If Wiseman busts, at least he can be a nice backup C probably whereas we already have a lot of guard depth.
    Yes, I intended the "edit" part. I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Game from today features a couple blocks, a nice steal, a couple made 3s, and the expected flashy passes we've come to expect from him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Game from today features a couple blocks, a nice steal, a couple made 3s, and the expected flashy passes we've come to expect from him.

My concern after looking at his stats are his low 3 pt %... 20% from 3 is pretty bad... I will say his shot doesn't look broken though...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see Lonnie coached by Becky next year. Personally, I go back and forth about trading one of Lonnie, White, or DJ. But realistically, if we don’t flush money on DDR or Patty we can really let these three get a chance to make a leap.
    I go back and forth on trading one of those as well... I think part of thecreasin for me is because we don't have enough shooters and we need to replace DJ or White in the SL with a real shooter and have one come off the bench and I have no confidence that the staff will do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern after looking at his stats are his low 3 pt %... 20% from 3 is pretty bad... I will say his shot doesn't look broken though...
    Yeah, starting off 2-18 didn't do Josh any favors but he's picked it up since then. I believe his percentages are better than LaMelo's were. After the top 5, you're going to find flaws or holes in every prospect but what we're betting on here is confidence and feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's so awesome that the GSWs are Miles and Miles ahead of the Compe ion. In reality they had a nice five year run with collusion thrown in.

When you consider the franchise over the course of the last 50 years, lots and lots of god awful basketball with multiple bad trades and lousy draft picks. Curry will break down soon just like Klay Thompson already has - back to the mean.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, starting off 2-18 didn't do Josh any favors but he's picked it up since then. I believe his percentages are better than LaMelo's were. After the top 5, you're going to find flaws or holes in every prospect but what we're betting on here is confidence and feel.
    That's true....I'm not against picking him per se.... it just depends on what's left on the board at that point.... I do see alot of upside if Chip can make him a threat... high risk/high reward type..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My tier list as of 4/3/21:

Tier 1
    Franz Wagner - Devin Vassell 2.0. bigger, less of a shooter, more of a playmaker, better handles, same great defense, high bball IQ
    Josh Giddey - The Spurs need more "showtime". Giddey gets you on a highlight reel. Flashy passing, shooting getting better as the season goes on, rumored to be 6'8" in socks... what's not to love?

Tier 2
    Jalen Johnson - Lots of talent, but has character concerns. Would be tier 1, but I know the Spurs place character as a top trait. A modern PF, reminiscent of Aaron Gordon / Jerami Grant types.
    Scottie Barnes - Gets to the rim with ease because of his athleticism. Giannis-lite. I think he projects to be a shooter though, so probably not what the Spurs need. If Giannis has world-class work ethic and still is not a reliable shooter... that doesn't bode well for Scottie.

Tier 3
    Ayo Dosunmu - carries his college team on his back. I think he carries that success to the next level.
    Herb Jones - Personality seems like a true Spur. Excels at defense. Got better as a shooter as a senior. Old, but maybe another Derrick White type that can help the team.
    Sandro Mamukelashvili - Big playmaker who seems well suited for the NBA
    Jeremiah Earl Robinson - Modern PF. Aaron Gordon vibes.

Tier 4
    Amar Sylla - if the Spurs believe he has Siakam potential
    Usman Garuba - Great defense, but has terrible offense.
    Isaiah Todd - If the Spurs need another stretch big
    Vrenz Bleijenbergh - Has some Samanic vibes, but maybe more playmaking ability

Not listed:
    Ziaire Williams - put forth performance after performance. Not sure what people see here.
    Greg Brown - Low IQ
    Kai Jones - Too similar to Poeltl in terms of what he brings
    Isaiah Jackson - Too similar to Poeltl in terms of what he brings
    Trendon Watford - Great skill, but after watching him play more dude showboats like crazy that it drives me crazy. this guy

I think I'm forgetting a couple + haven't watched enough of others

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My tier list as of 4/3/21:

Tier 1
    Franz Wagner - Devin Vassell 2.0. bigger, less of a shooter, more of a playmaker, better handles, same great defense, high bball IQ
    Josh Giddey - The Spurs need more "showtime". Giddey gets you on a highlight reel. Flashy passing, shooting getting better as the season goes on, rumored to be 6'8" in socks... what's not to love?

Tier 2
    Jalen Johnson - Lots of talent, but has character concerns. Would be tier 1, but I know the Spurs place character as a top trait. A modern PF, reminiscent of Aaron Gordon / Jerami Grant types.
    Scottie Barnes - Gets to the rim with ease because of his athleticism. Giannis-lite. I think he projects to be a shooter though, so probably not what the Spurs need. If Giannis has world-class work ethic and still is not a reliable shooter... that doesn't bode well for Scottie.

Tier 3
    Ayo Dosunmu - carries his college team on his back. I think he carries that success to the next level.
    Herb Jones - Personality seems like a true Spur. Excels at defense. Got better as a shooter as a senior. Old, but maybe another Derrick White type that can help the team.
    Sandro Mamukelashvili - Big playmaker who seems well suited for the NBA
    Jeremiah Earl Robinson - Modern PF. Aaron Gordon vibes.

Tier 4
    Amar Sylla - if the Spurs believe he has Siakam potential
    Usman Garuba - Great defense, but has terrible offense.
    Isaiah Todd - If the Spurs need another stretch big
    Vrenz Bleijenbergh - Has some Samanic vibes, but maybe more playmaking ability

Not listed:
    Ziaire Williams - put forth performance after performance. Not sure what people see here.
    Greg Brown - Low IQ
    Kai Jones - Too similar to Poeltl in terms of what he brings
    Isaiah Jackson - Too similar to Poeltl in terms of what he brings
    Trendon Watford - Great skill, but after watching him play more dude showboats like crazy that it drives me crazy. this guy

I think I'm forgetting a couple + haven't watched enough of others
    Wait. What happened to that 18 yr old Turkish kid?

Thread Information