Page 88 of 171 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we value defense and all around play, why not Herbert Jones in the 2nd round?
    He'd be great. Known for good character, too. My only concern is that his skills overlap too much with KBD, who I think is here to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man, I love this dude’s game.

Some prospects look like they have all the fundamentals down, and Duarte belongs in that group.

Even when he misses a shot, it still looks good. That’s usually the number one thing I look for. I don’t want to see all the made shots, I want to see missed ones and determine if those were good looks. If not, it’s a sign of bad basketball IQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way…

Duarte follows the Spurs on IG. By far the only prospect I’ve seen who does.

Get ready, boys. Duarte may be the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way…

I wouldn’t hate that tbh, it would be strange with so many wings on the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t hate that tbh, it would be strange with so many wings on the team
    From an offense standpoint, he would be a fun to watch. Probably the best scoring wing in the draft. Folks begging for a more modern offense, look no further. This man has the whole arsenal, including a step back 3. Crafty around the rim, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way…

That would make sense. We already have guys running around like chickens who aren't very productive and other guys that are sort of productive but are still learning, so nabing a guy who can produce pretty early would be great. The Spurs already drafted a very old rookie in Derrick White, who remains the only multi-skilled player on the roster who isn't a veteran, other than Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way…

Had never heard of this kid before but I really like him. He’s my new #1. He is exactly the type of player that we need. Reminds me of Klay Thompson but with James Hardens move set. Imagine having nothing but shooters on our team (and DJ) if we drafted him and signed Mark? Would be a step in the right direction as far as modern ball goes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had never heard of this kid before but I really like him. He’s my new #1. He is exactly the type of player that we need. Reminds me of Klay Thompson but with James Hardens move set. Imagine having nothing but shooters on our team (and DJ) if we drafted him and signed Mark? Would be a step in the right direction as far as modern ball goes
    Duarte's move set is something a raw prospect doesn't simply develop over the course of three years.

If he's drafted, people will hate the pick due to his age but will immediately love him after 10 games (with playing time). He has the confidence to shoot, something both White and Lonnie have struggled with. He shoots 3's with a hand in his face, no problem. He's not scared of contact inside.

I mean, he fits the type of pick the Spurs usually go for.

Has the college accolades like Tre - check
    2-way player like White - check
    Unusual path to basketball - check
    International - check
    3-level scorer - check

If the logic is that since he's old, he'll have a shorter NBA career... what's the difference between that and a young player coming in and developing for the first three years to get to Duarte's level when they become the same age? It's not a certainty that the young player will be as good as Duarte is now, either. Lonnie Walker is turning 23 this year and is not even in the same universe as Duarte. He has a year and a half to get there. Will he? Hmm...

I'm ready for the Duarte era, if it happens.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-28-2021 at 07:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a kid. 24 years old. I don't mind the age if the man can ball. My only concern is the token get over yourself year. The guy will be in his mid twenties and in his Prime when he gets a chance the way Pop has been coaching. Other than that, the age doesn't bother me if the player can ball. (It used to but I realized age is just a factor and sometimes people give it too much weight).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Huge words from LJ about his teammate, Duarte.

Spurs love finding “great teammates”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Duarte especially over Kispert but if he’s the pick I hope it’s not at 12 and the Spurs trade down a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duarte's move set is something a raw prospect doesn't simply develop over the course of three years.

If he's drafted, people will hate the pick due to his age but will immediately love him after 10 games (with playing time). He has the confidence to shoot, something both White and Lonnie have struggled with. He shoots 3's with a hand in his face, no problem. He's not scared of contact inside.

I mean, he fits the type of pick the Spurs usually go for.

Has the college accolades like Tre - check
    2-way player like White - check
    Unusual path to basketball - check
    International - check
    3-level scorer - check

If the logic is that since he's old, he'll have a shorter NBA career... what's the difference between that and a young player coming in and developing for the first three years to get to Duarte's level when they become the same age? It's not a certainty that the young player will be as good as Duarte is now, either. Lonnie Walker is turning 23 this year and is not even in the same universe as Duarte. He has a year and a half to get there. Will he? Hmm...

I'm ready for the Duarte era, if it happens.
    The draft/development process has changed in the last several years. Players are so ill-prepared to play in the NBA. Yes, there are golden tickets here or there, guys like Trae Young who excel in the enviornment the NBA has created for them -- absolutely no defense possible against perimeter players, etc.

But for everyone else, it takes a few years for most first round prospects to start hitting, and that's money out the window, time wasted. You're into a second contract by the time you start getting anything, and for most players you won't get anything. You simply aren't drafting guys who are ready anymore.

Drafting an older player who already has game skills jumps over that gap. Derrick White already was crafty and knew how to play in multiple ways (including things like taking charges). Dude just can't stay healthy.

Duarte may be way smarter as a pick than any Moody or Bouknight. Now, the question is whether he plateaus before them and whether there's a floor/ceiling issue. But if you look at him and say, "Is this the player I want in two or three years? Why don't I want him now?" He might be undervalued if picked outside the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way…

I'll take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the hard-on for Wiseman gotten down to a chub?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has the hard-on for Wiseman gotten down to a chub?

Warriors desperate to move up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta admire a proactive organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta admire a proactive organization.

You mean that derozan sign&trade doesnt tickle your fancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems more likely, according to this, that they're trading out. They want an established player like Siakam.

Wiseman is good indicator of why selecting guys who vanish from teams and don't compete to show their abilities are a huge risk, cf. Jalen Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems more likely, according to this, that they're trading out. They want an established player like Siakam.

Wiseman is good indicator of why selecting guys who vanish from teams and don't compete to show their abilities are a huge risk, cf. Jalen Johnson.

Gl fitting siakams contract on their payroll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gl fitting siakams contract on their payroll
    That's where a team like SAS absorbs salary to take on assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's where a team like SAS absorbs salary to take on assets.

Spurs finally have the flexibility to be players in fa and trades. Lets see what brian wright and co. Can cook up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not only that, but also athleticism and improved shooting *in theory* does not always equal to great player when said player has no basketball IQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wiseman played 39 games for GSW last year (all but about 6 of which he played as a teenager).

Although he played only 21.4 minutes a game, he averaged 11.5 points, at 51.5% shooting, 5.8 rebounds and 0.9 blocks.

I fail to see the impending disaster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman played 39 games for GSW last year (all but about 6 of which he played as a teenager).

Although he played only 21.4 minutes a game, he averaged 11.5 points, at 51.5% shooting, 5.8 rebounds and 0.9 blocks.

I fail to see the impending disaster.
    I'm talking about him quitting his college team. And, congrats, you can read surface-level stats.

Thread Information